Colony (USA) -- S: Holloway, Callies -- Series Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Colony (USA) -- S: Holloway, Callies -- Series Thread

Old 02-06-16, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
re: Colony (USA) -- S: Holloway, Callies -- Series Thread

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I'm a few episodes behind, but I am almost wondering if there really are aliens. Like, maybe it just some evil people who are taking over and blaming it on aliens.

Although maybe I am just watching too much of the new X-Files reboot.
Well, they showed a ship taking off. So sure, they could be people from the future, but it's pretty likely they are aliens.
Old 02-07-16, 03:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aliens who are good at building walls in no time flat ... Or at least in under 300-odd days of the occupation (per the radio broadcast).

Surprised by the end of last episode. Promotion time?
Old 02-08-16, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Damn, Phyllis is ruthless. Too ruthless for her own good it would seem. Didn't see that coming at the end.
She was a somewhat sympathetic character. Squeezing somebody like that never ends well, I'm surprised she didn't have a bodyguard around in case she got attacked. It's a likely outcome of that after all. Then again she may not have wanted a witness to her making a deal with a resistance member.

One problem is the surveillance information itself, which unless Phyllis was stupid didn't die with her. It's still on Homeland's servers.
Old 02-08-16, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sarah Wayne Callies is once again playing my least favorite character on a show. That was a helluva turn at the end there.

Originally Posted by randian
She was a somewhat sympathetic character. Squeezing somebody like that never ends well, I'm surprised she didn't have a bodyguard around in case she got attacked. It's a likely outcome of that after all. Then again she may not have wanted a witness to her making a deal with a resistance member.

One problem is the surveillance information itself, which unless Phyllis was stupid didn't die with her. It's still on Homeland's servers.
I liked Phyllis and thought it was pretty bad-ass how she hemmed up Katie.
Old 02-08-16, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

I am not shocked anymore by early character deaths, even for seemingly important characters. These micro-seasons done by cable almost demand it since they have to compress a long narrative in ten episodes.

I am getting the feeling this show is more about Callies' character than it is about Holloway's character. Which doesn't bode well for its long-term prospects, she never elicits much sympathy in her roles.
Old 02-17-16, 03:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Was it just me? I started watching ep 5 Geronimo and the 'Previously' scenes at the beginning seemed to be things I had not seen yet. It was as if I missed an ep but I haven't.

ETA: never mind I figured it out.

Last edited by pbrstreetgang; 02-17-16 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-18-16, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm surprised how willing Katie is to get involved with the ground fighting. Given not only the risk of death/injury. But that she was essentially caught by Phyllis her last time out. Plus she has children/ a family. All of whom would get sent to the factory if she got caught or killed.
Old 02-19-16, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Deftones music during the attack!

So we are slowly getting answers. 7 colonies on the west coast. I wanna see these fucking aliens!

Last edited by Deftones; 02-19-16 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-21-16, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Proxy Snyder: "I keep my promises!" Ha! If only they knew...

Snyder is evil but he doesn't really understand when to back off. It wasn't necessary to threaten to not help them get their kid, all that accomplished was to alienate them more.
Old 02-22-16, 11:52 AM

Anyone get the gist of the conversation the lady was having on the phone around her phone at the beginning?

Interesting the resistance now pegging her as a double-agent ...

Also wonder if the masters/overlords have snuffed a great deal of the populace given references to keeping only certain folk in the colonies ...
Old 02-22-16, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SmithsGuy
Also wonder if the masters/overlords have snuffed a great deal of the populace given references to keeping only certain folk in the colonies ...
The other big question is why even keep humans around?
Old 02-22-16, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Deftones music during the attack!

So we are slowly getting answers. 7 colonies on the west coast. I wanna see these fucking aliens!
Woe to anyone that missed this episode, we got more backstory on the aliens than the prior six episodes combined.

I am still not sure aliens have taken over. Here is my own speculation. Super-intelligent AI created by mankind has gone rogue and views this as the best possible solution to "save" humanity. There was a line in this episode that the "aliens" knew everything about us, like they had access to all our databases. It was disguised as a throwaway line but was likely more important.
Old 02-22-16, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SmithsGuy
They must have if there are only 7 colonies. LA and the SF Bay Area must be divided into two colonies each, and then you have San Diego, Portland, and Seattle. That leaves a whole bunch of dead rural and ex-urban people, since LA doesn't look packed enough for all those people to have been herded into the urban population centers..
Old 02-22-16, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by randian
They must have if there are only 7 colonies. LA and the SF Bay Area must be divided into two colonies each, and then you have San Diego, Portland, and Seattle. That leaves a whole bunch of dead rural and ex-urban people, since LA doesn't look packed enough for all those people to have been herded into the urban population centers..
7 on the west coast he knew about. Gotta assume there are more all around the country and world.
Old 02-22-16, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

7 on the west coast he knew about. Gotta assume there are more all around the country and world.
I guess it partly depends on what is meant by "colony". Southern California is a heck of a lot more than just LA, if only LA is left that's millions dead.
Old 02-23-16, 02:47 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I've kicked this show to the curb

Wasn't what i was expecting. I wanted more alien action
Old 02-23-16, 08:14 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The lack of alien action is why I am enjoying it. I don't like alien sci-fi shows, never have enjoyed any of them...but the mystery of what's going on? That's what I dig.
Old 02-23-16, 11:52 AM

If faster drones are introduced, everyone is hosed.
Old 02-26-16, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Blah, I want to see flashbacks of The Arrival.
Old 02-27-16, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They still have never given an explanation why the wife has never told her ex-military husband she's part of the resistance. I understand that is part of the premise but it tests credibility. It's not like Holloway's character has been portrayed as particularly sympathetic to the alien overlords.

Last edited by PhantomStranger; 02-27-16 at 11:42 PM.
Old 03-02-16, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
They still have never given an explanation why the wife has never told her ex-military husband she's part of the resistance. I understand that is part of the premise but it tests credibility. It's not like Holloway's character has been portrayed as particularly sympathetic to the alien overlords.
I think she knows he wouldn't approve. If they were just a lone couple that would be one thing. But they have a family. All of which she is putting in Jeopardy by being involved with the resistance. Dont forget when a resistance member is caught their whole family is taken to the factory.

When you think about it the resistance is fairly pointless. The Aliens aren't on earth and they are powerful enough to have overwhelmed the defenses of the entire planet in 8 hours. What "resistance" can you offer up to them that wont just be a mild annoyance? All you're really doing is attacking other humans. Plus its possible the aliens might say "hey these humans are more trouble than they're worth lets just wipe them completely out".
Old 03-02-16, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I guess hope springs eternal with the Resistance.
Old 03-05-16, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wanna know more about what's going on in The Factory. I thought entire families were sent there so where are the kids?
Old 03-06-16, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Surprised at how casually Will was able to gun down 2 red hats in cold blood. Also shocked that his partner went along with him once he revealed he was the leak.

In the episode where Katie calls to warn Brussarde that they are coming for him. Correct me if I'm wrong but he never actually answered the phone did he? In the flashback of the previous ep they show her actually talking to him and warning him. But I dont remember that during the ep.
Old 03-11-16, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk God

I like how Katie becomes a super solider after an afternoon of gun training.

So, the aliens look humanoid. Are they humans from the future??? Seems like that could be a possibility.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.