Heroes: Reborn (S5E011) -- "Send in the Clones" -- 1/7/16

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-16, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Heroes: Reborn (S5E011) -- "Send in the Clones" -- 1/7/16

"HEROES REBORN"

"SEND IN THE CLONES"

01/07/2016 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Thursday) : TENSIONS ARE HIGH AS THE EXTINCTION OF HUMANITY APPROACHES -- GREG GRUNBERG, JIMMY JEAN-LOUIS AND NOAH GRAY-CABEY GUEST STAR -- Following Noah's mysterious disappearance, Luke (Zachary Levi) and Malina (Danika Yarosh) unite to rescue Tommy (Robbie Kay) and save mankind. At the mysterious Sunstone Manor, Carlos (Ryan Guzman) and Farah (guest star Nazneen Contractor) fight alongside The Haitian (guest star Jimmy Jean Louis) to take down Matt Parkman (guest star Greg Grunberg) and free the prisoners under his control. Meanwhile, Tommy and Miko (Kiki Sukezane) join forces against Erica (Rya Khilstedt) and her brutal plan for the future. Judi Shekoni, Henry Zebrowski and Gatlin Green also star. TV-14 L, V

Episode 11 of 13

Caught up with Heroes Reborn over the Holidays. With the exception of maybe 1 story arc, I've found the season pretty entertaining. I don't know why it's being torn apart here. It's not as God awful as some of you make it out to be.

Zach Levi's arc with him getting revenge for the death of his son was mostly a waste, but I've really enjoyed having Hiro and HRG back. I've enjoyed Katana girl as well.
Old 01-07-16, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Re: Heroes: Reborn (S5E011) -- "Send in the Clones" -- 1/7/16

Hiro and HRG are the main reasons to watch the show (and they made us wait a loooong time to get to Hiro). Unfortunately HRG was saddled with the bearded letdown for most of the show.

I assume you meant Zach Levi's arc is the one you didn't like. But I don't find anything redeeming about the Carlos arc, it doesn't even move the plot along, it's mainly filler to this point. Even the connection to Farah is kinda useless so far (note if not for the recap up above, I wouldn't even remember their names). The Katana girl plot is coming around, and at least had a point even before the future stuff. The less said about the main bad guy's daughter, the better. Tommy's arc was fine and important to the plot but kinda a meandering way for him to have his Uncle Ben moment, only for it not to matter.

I kinda hope we find out why the Haitian tried to kill HRG earlier in the season, because that still doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 01-07-16, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig

I kinda hope we find out why the Haitian tried to kill HRG earlier in the season, because that still doesn't make any sense to me.
HRG told him to kill him if he started to ask questions after his memory wipe in the original timeline. HRG wanted to protect his grandkids so even him rediscovering them would put them in danger. In the new timeline he got Chester? to do the wipe.

Well I'm glad this episode started to tie things together. It's finally moving at a fast pace so they can wrap up the show in the next two episodes.
Old 01-08-16, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love how disposable half of these characters are. I mean, I'm a henchmen at the house and I run in with a gun to a guy in a suit who has his back to me and a guy in a white robe. Better shoot the guy in the robe first because... reasons.

Katana girl... ha ha. fuck it. I mean, didn't the blacddrox character just create a new one when part of him was cut up?
Old 01-10-16, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Kdogg
HRG told him to kill him if he started to ask questions after his memory wipe in the original timeline. HRG wanted to protect his grandkids so even him rediscovering them would put them in danger. In the new timeline he got Chester? to do the wipe.

Well I'm glad this episode started to tie things together. It's finally moving at a fast pace so they can wrap up the show in the next two episodes.
Still doesn't make sense. Why was he so adamant that he had to be killed if he started asking questions? He was so afraid of being mind probed that he didn't want to eventually help his grandkids? He'd rather die? They didn't mind probe Molly, who also knew about the plan?

Will we find out why Katana Girl appeared in the future? Because she did absolutely nothing except find out about her dad and get shunted to the present. Where she fended off a bunch of cloned trained killers so guns, and convinced the worst hit man in the world to face her one on one with an axe instead of ganging up on her with said clones (or heck staying away and let the clones fight it out)

How lazy is it to use the comic book to inform katana girl where she "needed" to be? These comics have been around for years and nobody noticed the connection until now?

What kind of "cover" was Malina going to give with her powers in the cornfield besides leading them right to her?
Old 01-10-16, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Those comics are not even making since any more. When the show was on before the comics ran out so they had to find the sketchbook of which the bike messenger left in their locker which would NEVER HAPPEN IN A MILLION YEARS!!!

So how in the world are these comics still around telling people of the future?
Old 01-10-16, 05:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But you see, they're in a different language, so clearly they don't know how to translate them and figure out how to save the future......ugh

Why hasn't he just skipped to the end of the comic books by now anyway?
Old 01-10-16, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Still doesn't make sense.
This is Heroes. When did that ever stop the writers?
Old 01-10-16, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Oh god, when is this episode going to be over?"
Old 01-11-16, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
Those comics are not even making since any more. When the show was on before the comics ran out so they had to find the sketchbook of which the bike messenger left in their locker which would NEVER HAPPEN IN A MILLION YEARS!!!

So how in the world are these comics still around telling people of the future?
Obviously it's the butterfly effect (which the writers don't seem to understand, but oh well). That's the new "Superman Prime punch" of this universe.

I'll admit, I did like that superhero comics became obsolete once actual super powers became real. But even if the print runs were miniscule and in different languages (seriously, you'd never have a Japanese comic printed like that), you'd think someone like Micah would be able to pull them up.

Speaking of Micah, isn't that little kid's power the power to pass through things? Like he could pass through that shield and unplug Micah? But no, have Mexican Batman get Hulked up because of the death of his buddy and smash the glass instead.
Old 01-11-16, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Speaking of Micah, isn't that little kid's power the power to pass through things? Like he could pass through that shield and unplug Micah? But no, have Mexican Batman get Hulked up because of the death of his buddy and smash the glass instead.
Lazy writing. Plus if the kid had done that they would have left before the priest got shot.