Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Angie Tribeca (TBS) -- Series Thread -- S: Rashida Jones -- premieres 1/17/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angie Tribeca (TBS) -- Series Thread -- S: Rashida Jones -- premieres 1/17/16

Old 07-06-16, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Angie Tribeca (TBS) -- Series Thread -- S: Rashida Jones -- premieres 1/17/16

Humor like this is always hit and miss, but I had to pause the show after the Kevin Pollak cameo in the Lifeguard episode.
Old 07-12-16, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Angie Tribeca (TBS) -- Series Thread -- S: Rashida Jones -- premieres 1/17/16

I've been liking this season so far. I'm glad they didn't drag the baby reveal until the end of the season and it will be good to see Heather Graham's character next week.
Old 07-13-16, 04:57 PM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by writer106 View Post
I watched the first two episodes of season 2 today. I admit I don't like the new opening credits, I want the screaming guy back lol. I'm liking the love triangle storyline.
I also miss the screaming-guy opening. I just watched the first episode of season 2 and found it hilarious. Plus, Rashida is just delectable to watch.
Old 07-13-16, 08:25 PM

This season has been up and down for me. I didn't like the lifeguard episode. The Heather Graham episode was better. This week's, with the organ thief was kinda dark, with Angie looking for Sgt Pepper (James Franco). I wish they would have had more ER cameos, or done something more with the ones that were included.
Old 07-16-16, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have been watching AT over the past couple of days. A few good gags here and there, but not the constant barrage from last season. And yes, screaming guy is missed.
Old 07-16-16, 10:48 PM

I'm actually glad there are less puns this season. The story content is much stronger than just an episode full of forgettable puns and gags.
Old 04-10-17, 07:18 AM

The world called, and Angie has answered with the most magnificent, masterful and moving third season of TBS's Angie Tribeca yet. Rashida Jones, Hayes MacArthur, Jere Burns, Deon Cole, Andrée Vermeulen and Jagger will be back when the powerful police drama returns Monday, April 10, at 10:30/9:30c, exclusively on TBS, a division of Turner. TBS's first-ever police procedural, Angie Tribeca is the brainchild of Nancy and Steve Carell, who are executive-producing the series along with showrunner Ira Ungerleider. The buzz-generating hit has drawn widespread critical acclaim, with the LA Times calling it "an entertaining joyride," Vanity Fair dubbing it "absurd and very, very funny," and Entertainment Weekly saying "it never gets old." After kicking off 2016 with a strong first season, Angie Tribeca returned in the summer for its second season, charting +13% total audience growth. The second season went on to reach 2 million viewers per episode across multiple platforms, and the show finished the year as one of 2016's Top 15 new cable comedies in primetime. The series has also accumulated 16 million YouTube views and holds an impressive 92% critics rating on Rotten Tomatoes. In season three, Angie Tribeca makes television history by going where few shows dare to go: a third season. In pursuit of an animal rights activist turned serial killer, Tribeca (Jones), Geils (MacArthur) and Tanner (Cole) travel outside of their jurisdiction to New Orleans, New York, Miami, outer space and Universal Studios Hollywood. The season begins with the first episode and ends with the climactic last episode, barely stopping for episodes two through nine. If you liked Angie Tribeca's second season, you may or may not like the third season, which tackles issues such as dating again after divorce (Burns' Lieutenant Atkins), gambling addiction (Vermeulen's Dr. Scholls) and adjusting to life after amputation by a faulty hay baler (no one). One thing's for sure: Angie Tribeca's third season is shaping up to be among the top three seasons of the show so far.
Old 04-10-17, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I watched that binge-athon from season 1 and mildly enjoyed. However, I dropped it a few episodes into season 2. Found the gags and puns more annoying than funny. Since season 2 is now on Hulu, I was thinking about re-visiting it. How was the rest of season 2? Was it even remotely funny or just dumb?

I'm loving The Detour (also on TBS), but that type of comedy is very different from this.
Old 04-10-17, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I really liked the latter parts of Season 2 from what I remember.
Old 12-27-18, 07:34 PM

DVR alert!

Season 4 binge marathon on TBS - Dec 29 and 30

‘Angie Tribeca’ Season 4 Premieres With 10-Episode Marathon This Weekend

Episodes 1-5 of the new season starring Rashida Jones as the title cop will air starting at 8 p.m. Saturday, followed by 6-10 at 8 p.m. Sunday.
Old 12-27-18, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Didn’t they do this last season also?
Old 12-28-18, 06:38 AM

They did it with the first season, the second and third were standard weekly episodes.
Glad it's finally back, I've been occasionally checking to see when it was coming back, I even checked just a couple days ago. It does seem like a weird way to market the show (announce two days prior that all of the episodes are going to premiere over two days).
Old 12-29-18, 11:02 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

S4 starts tonight (Sat, 12/29/18) if anyone interested. 5 eps tonight. 5 eps tomorrow (Sunday)...
Old 05-09-19, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Canceled. Not a shock. I still need to watch the last season.

https://tvline.com/2019/05/09/angie-...-tbs-season-5/
Old 05-09-19, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was a fun show. But I’m not too sad to see it go.
Old 05-09-19, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Season 4 wasn't very good.
Old 05-09-19, 11:20 PM

Oh well, I’m probably more disappointed that Wrecked was cancelled.

This show was ok. I was getting tired of the puns.
Old 06-11-19, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just finished season 4. It seemed like Rashida Jones was barely in most of the episodes. They focused more on Bobby Cannavale's character and the rest of the team. Anyone know the story there? Jay Geils and Deon Cole's character were definitely missed here.
Old 06-11-19, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by windom View Post
Just finished season 4. It seemed like Rashida Jones was barely in most of the episodes. They focused more on Bobby Cannavale's character and the rest of the team. Anyone know the story there? Jay Geils and Deon Cole's character were definitely missed here.
Probably a combo of her being pregnant and her mom being sick.