Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race (S27E11) -- "It's Not Easy Beating Green" -- 12/4/15

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-15, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
The Amazing Race (S27E11) -- "It's Not Easy Beating Green" -- 12/4/15

IN THE PENULTIMATE LEG, THE FINAL FOUR TEAMS RACE THROUGH HONG KONG AND MACAU FOR A CHANCE TO COMPETE IN THE FINALE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," FRIDAY, DEC. 4

"It's Not Easy Beating Green" (Hong Kong and Macau, China)
- The final four teams race through Hong Kong and Macau, China where they take part in a spectacular water show at The House of Dancing Water and compete for a chance to race in the final leg, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Dec. 4 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan)
is the host.

Remaining Teams in THE AMAZING RACE:

Justin and Diana

Joey and Kelsey

Logan and Chris

Tiffany and Krista

Next week is the season finale
Old 12-05-15, 02:09 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Amazing Race (S27E11) -- "It's Not Easy Beating Green" -- 12/4/15

Rats.

Either Krista was afraid of diving underwater (seemed that she pretty much stayed just under the surface) or didn't grasp the concept even after watching the other teams. I figured Green would survive & that the previews of Justin crying & moaning were typical misdirection until Phil hit them with the double penalty ("Didn't see that coming, did you?").

Sad thing is that, once again, a clueless cab driver sent a team home. Seemed that, for once, the "neck-and-neck" suspense was for real and that the cheergals would have made it to the mat with time to spare.

Odds have to be heavy on Green with Logan/Chris 2nd & the Spat Duo third. That makes it a 66 2/3 possibility that an unlikable team will win.

Green's dominance has made for a fairly dull season, IMO.
Old 12-05-15, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Yeah the previews kind of telegraphed that Justin and Diana weren't going home b/c they wouldn't have shown it if they were. Feel a little bad for the girls, but they certainly had their chance, and it took them five tries to do that roadblock so you can't really blame it on a cab driver.

Plus, their bad cab driver was no where near as bad as Justin and Diana's bad cab driver earlier in the leg that pretty much almost single-handedly cost them the race as they were in first at the time.

I like Diana, and I tolerate Justin so I'm rooting for them. Joey and Kelsey are just kind of there. Chris and Logan...ugh.
Old 12-05-15, 04:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Feel a little bad for the girls, but they certainly had their chance, and it took them five tries to do that roadblock so you can't really blame it on a cab driver.

Plus, their bad cab driver was no where near as bad as Justin and Diana's bad cab driver earlier in the leg that pretty much almost single-handedly cost them the race as they were in first at the time.
Excellent points. Can't argue a bit. The cheerleaders had certainly had their chances, especially with the heavy penalty for the Green Meanies (I know Justin gets edits to make him look bad with the smirking & boasting...and he can be generous...but his abrasive personality came through with his bickering toward Dianne, who called him out for his rudeness. She's fine, but Justin ruins the team for me). The Green Team is petty awesome at running the race, though...would have been a shocker if one slip had cost them a shot.

Let's just hope that inept cab drivers don't cost anybody the final leg.
Old 12-05-15, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm cool with anyone winning this except team Paparazzi - they are pieces of shit and I will be pissed off if they win...so they'll probably win.
Old 12-06-15, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by creekdipper
The Green Team is petty awesome at running the race, though...would have been a shocker if one slip had cost them a shot.
And they aren't some kind of super stud athletic team. It just seems like they are very efficient in transit and in task. I guess Justin is always looking for an edge, even if it's just a couple of minutes.

It was either Tanner or Josh who pointed out in a post race interview that Justin came to this race ready, and that for example they eventually noticed that during the down time he and Diana would look at the airports they were flying into to try to find the best way out so they wouldn't be searching when they landed.

Once somebody says something like that it feels like common sense to be doing it, but Josh or Tanner said it never even occurred to them.
Old 12-06-15, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My impression, and it may be faulty memory, is that there were less instances this Season where the race pushed the teams together, as it did this last episode by placing them all on the same flight. IF I'm remembering correctly, then that would have helped those teams in front stay in front.

Regardless, of course Justin & Diana have done a lot right in terms of the Race, though I'm not at all a fan of them personally.

As for this leg, I was sorry to see the Cheerleaders go, as personality wise they seemed by far the most likable imo. But clearly Krista had a lot of trouble seeing underwater, due to the bubbles and perhaps she's just not very good at seeing underwater generally.
Old 12-07-15, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This episode just reinforced every reason people can't stand Justin. After his going on about them, he then CRIES about how they give up the first place finishes if they could just make it during this last leg. Then only to go on about the count again when talking about the final leg. DOUCHE. But I too like Diana and would take them over Logan and Chris.

And in reality, Justin and Diana have nobody but themselves to blame for the cab ordeal. Had they realized where they needed to go, they wouldn't have got in that cab in the first place. Then they stay in the cab after they realize they have got the driver from hell.

Many people, even adults, that can swim really well still have real problems going more than a foot or two under water. My wife and I have do swim instructing and run into this all the time. All you can do is work around it when it happens.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 12-07-15 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-07-15, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Maybe Diana can take her half million and kick Justin to the curb. Pretty much everything about the guy rubs me the wrong way.
Old 12-07-15, 06:27 PM
Banned

^ ^ ^

Just for you.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eGBo3KKhdv...ven%2Bwins.png
Old 12-07-15, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

For me it's mostly the stupid hat. It makes him look like a retarded cab driver.
Old 12-08-15, 01:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

For all of Justin's crowing about him being an "expert" on the Amazing Race, and knowing what would happen because he's watched all the seasons back & forth, it would have been extremely satisfying to see them lose because:
a) they got a bad cab driver
b) they got penalized for not doing what the clue instructed to do.

I'm sure some viewers are buying into his whole "superfan" schtick but Justin just comes off as an entitled prick, boasting about his "destiny" to win the race, and then sobbing for the cameras whenever anything doesn't go his way.
Old 12-08-15, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So the cheerleaders were actually at the pit stop but....

Reality TV World: After Justin Scheman and Diana Bishop were able to check in at the Pit Stop, do you have any idea how long after them you arrived? The show made it look like things were super close.

Krista Debono: It was super close. We were five minutes behind them, but the thing was, we actually were at the Pit Stop first in our first taxi, which they didn't show. So, we were there and all of a sudden, he kind of took off and dropped us off at a bank. And then we had to get another cab and go back to the Pit Stop. So we were originally there, but when we got back the second time, we were behind them.

and heres what happened at the Roadblock....

Reality TV World: Krista, what exactly happened with the Roadblock? From a viewer's perspective, of course they zoomed up on the golden fish and made it seem like they were so close to you.

Tiffany Chantell: Yeah, it was that camera angle too.

Reality TV World: Yeah. Were you just not diving deep enough or you couldn't see underwater?

Krista Debono: Here's the thing, and I cannot wait to explain this, because I just keep seeing it so much. On TV, when I watched it, it's so easy for someone to be like, "Oh, I would've gotten this. It's so easy." So when I was outside of the water and the water was calm, I could see exactly where they were -- all of them. So that's why I kept saying, "I got it, I got it. This is fine."

So as soon as you jump in, these turbo jets turn on, the water gets wavy, and there's bright, bright lights, not to mention the cameramen underneath the water filming. So I would feel, like, feet on me and I didn't know what was going on. So, my eyes were open. I was looking. I mean, I'm a good swimmer, it had nothing to do with that. But every time I saw something, a light would look like a goldfish because of the bubbles and stuff too. So I would go and maybe grab a light, and it wasn't that. So, I just couldn't see it when I was in the water.

I knew exactly where they were, but when you're in it, it's just a completely different thing. And also, I don't think people realized I was part of a show, and the added pressure from the screaming from the performers, it was so overwhelming with the theatrics, and it was giving me anxiety. So that was adding to it. The whole situation itself was just not working out in my favor. And it was so frustrating because like I said, I saw exactly where they were. I just couldn't get to it when my eyes were open under the water. I couldn't see a thing.

Tiffany Chantell: And people also don't see that the other teams who caught the fish, they were on the edge, like when they came up for a breather. They were on the edge of the pool, I guess they call it. Krista kept going back to the ship, so that's why in the beginning, people were like, "Oh, it's right there!" But she was on the opposite side. No one went to the ship besides Krista to, like, get air. Everyone went to the edge.

Krista Debono: And once they went to the edge, they could see [the fish]. They all happened to be on the edge.

Rest Of The Interview - Tiffany and Krista - Part One - http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/e...1%29-18925.php