Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Second Chance (S31E12) -- "Tiny Little Shanks to the Heart" -- 12/2/15

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Second Chance (S31E12) -- "Tiny Little Shanks to the Heart" -- 12/2/15

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-15, 07:24 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry for starting this in unconventional fashion...just had to comment on...

Joe kissing his dad on the lips!!! So creepy.

Also...what a horrible challenge to give two immunities out...clearly only 2 girls had a chance.

Also, also...the way they reacted to Joe failing was shameful.

Also, also, also...Wentworth is a C-word, and is definitely getting the winners edit. Her and her nasty trampstamp should spend her winning on getting it removed.

If Jeremy wouldn't have wasted an idol on crybaby, he could've taken control of the game tonight by using one. Obviously he's not gonna waste his second one now after getting burned the first time.

Last edited by aktick; 12-02-15 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-02-15, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Re: Survivor: Second Chance (S31E12) -- "Tiny Little Shanks to the Heart" -- 12/2/15

Abi's mom, "She's my angel."
Jeff, "Uh-huh..."

Last edited by SunMonkey; 12-03-15 at 04:53 AM.
Old 12-02-15, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
Re: Survivor: Second Chance (S31E12) -- "Tiny Little Shanks to the Heart" -- 12/2/15

Glad Joe was ok. I imagine that was pretty scary in the moment.

If the girls turn on the guys next week and it costs him then Spencer only has himself to blame for taking Stephen out too soon just to build his resume. It still was probably a good move for him though. It frees up combos that Stephen had locked up.

I can't wait for next week's balancing immunity challenge.
Old 12-02-15, 10:10 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's Jeremy's or Kelly's game. If Jeremy can win some challenges and save his Idol, he's golden if he makes the final 3 (will it be a final 3 or 2?). Tasha would be the only other with a chance. I just don't see Spencer going on an immunity run. Although I was impressed at how cute his GF was.
Old 12-02-15, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm sure Monica was sitting at home stewing when she saw Kimmi now wanted to do an all female alliance.
Old 12-03-15, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
Abi's mom, "She's my angle."
Jeff, "Uh-huh..."

Did she actually call her an angle? I thought she said angel.
Old 12-03-15, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

This is turning out to be a great season, in my opinion.

I was pulling for Joe and had hopes for him going into TC. But when he started campaigning for Abi during TC, I knew he must have known his goose was cooked.

I was a little surprised Tasha shared the all-girls conversation with the guys and thought they'd take action on it.

And Keith votes Tasha. What?
Old 12-03-15, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Did she actually call her an angle? I thought she said angel.
I would imagine when Abi trolls on the internet, it is by making fun of typos, too.
Old 12-03-15, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad to see Joe go, but it was inevitable. Lots of respect to Keith for hanging in there as long as it took to win. He's been right there with Joe a few times.

This has been a great season so far. The best metric for me if that my wife and I both want to watch it live every week (even the double episode with 2x the commercials) instead of DVR'ing it and watching it later.

One thing I didn't like was using Joe's collapse as a commercial break cliffhanger. That seemed unnecessary and wrong to exploit to get viewers not to change the channel.
Old 12-03-15, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Because there's no way Keith's voting for Joe...he's the only guy to take him on in challenges, and vice versa. No way he's voting for him after that last challenge.
Old 12-03-15, 10:33 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
I would imagine when Abi trolls on the internet, it is by making fun of typos, too.
She would also tell you to get a haircut, Clown!

Originally Posted by aktick
Sorry for starting this in unconventional fashion...just had to comment on...
Joe kissing his dad on the lips!!! So creepy.
Dadophobic bigotry! How dare you, suh!

I was a little surprised Tasha shared the all-girls conversation with the guys and thought they'd take action on it.

I was thinking that the other guys must have convinced Keith that they were planning to cut into the girl's numbers & with Kelly safe, Tasha was the strongest left (actually, she is the biggest threat among the four women). But Shannon's explanation also makes sense.

I sort of get the feeling that Keith gets left out of the loop a lot (maybe it's the edits that give that impression). He seems awfully quick to ingratiate himself by falling into line with the majority without offering any opinions. And he fell all over himself trying to "apologize" for turning down the "shelter" offer to compete against Joe last week.

I did feel sorry for Keith. Old Dude wins one of the hardest challenges this season...one hour and twenty minutes is insane. I doubt most people could just hold up a pole that long without balancing anything. Heck, I doubt that most people could just hold their arms up that long without resting.

Yet Probst doesn't say a word (in the edit) about how Keith's impressive victory (you'd expect him to mention it at TC...something along the lines of "oldest contestant here...."). But it became all about Joe...who also got the strategy edits, the family edits (creepy), the health crisis edits, and the majority of the TC edits. I get that he's great tv (I like the guy, too), and the producers knew he was leaving, so this was their last chance to feature him. But poor Keith can't catch a break and gets left on the cutting room floor once again.

Funny how, even with only eight remaining at the beginning of last night, Kimmi only managed to get a couple of comments (again ignored by Probst at TC).

I doubt we've seen the last of Joe. He's the new Boston Rob. Wouldn't be surprised to see him, Stephen, & Spencer make return appearance(s).

What's the board opinion of offering two immunities last night? I know they've done it before (last season?), but was it to try to keep the gender numbers balanced, or was it to give certain producer favorites an extra opportunity in case they didn't win overall but came in first in their gender. It still resulted in a 4-3 advantage for a potential ladies' alliance.

IMO, Tasha would be smart to hook up with the girls & try to eliminate the guys. She ought to be able to beat Kimmi & Abi in most challenges (better chance than against the remaining guys), and she would get more final votes than any of the other females. Her biggest physical threat would be Kelly (Abi is capable but tends to get lazy/apathetic/loopy depending upon her mood).

And the producers' attempts to misdirect weren't very convincing. The only surprise was that Keith didn't also vote for Joe (whether because he swallowed a line about voting out a girl or because he was being loyal to Joe as Shannon suggests).

Last edited by creekdipper; 12-03-15 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-03-15, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by aktick

Also, also, also...Wentworth is a C-word, and is definitely getting the winners edit. Her and her nasty trampstamp should spend her winning on getting it removed.
I just want to know what's hiding under the flesh-colored Band-Aid she's forced to wear on her left shoulder -- a tattoo of Calvin pissing on Probst?
Old 12-03-15, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by creekdipper
I doubt we've seen the last of Joe. He's the new Boston Rob. Wouldn't be surprised to see him, Stephen, & Spencer make return appearance(s).

What's the board opinion of offering two immunities last night? I know they've done it before (last season?), but was it to try to keep the gender numbers balanced, or was it to give certain producer favorites an extra opportunity in case they didn't win overall but came in first in their gender. It still resulted in a 4-3 advantage for a potential ladies' alliance.

IMO, Tasha would be smart to hook up with the girls & try to eliminate the guys. She ought to be able to beat Kimmi & Abi in most challenges (better chance than against the remaining guys), and she would get more final votes than any of the other females. Her biggest physical threat would be Kelly (Abi is capable but tends to get lazy/apathetic/loopy depending upon her mood).

And the producers' attempts to misdirect weren't very convincing. The only surprise was that Keith didn't also vote for Joe (whether because he swallowed a line about voting out a girl or because he was being loyal to Joe as Shannon suggests).
I also think Joe will be back, maybe the next blood vs. water season with his dad. I think Spencer will also if he doesn't win this season. Stephen is absolutely adamant that he's not playing again. He wasn't really sure he wanted to do it a second time. Interesting note, Stephen tried to get JT to be his friend from home, and JT wanted to do it, but the producers said no. Not that it mattered since he went home the day before, but I think that would have been cool.

I also think Ciera did enough interesting things this year to deserve a third crack at it.

I didn't have a problem with the idols. Dalton Ross brought up a good point about it. Unlike last time, there were an equal number of guys and gals so it wasn't an unfair advantage for one sex over the other, and I don't think there was any way a woman was winning that challenge if they didn't do it that way.

I think Tasha faces the biggest Survivor dilemma. Who can I trust vs who can I beat. I do think both Jeremy and Spencer would take her to the final three (not so much each other at least in Spencer's case) b/c they think they could beat her. She's a much more dangerous player for Kelley to take to the end, as I'm sure she much rather be sitting between Kimmi and Abi.

My pure speculation is that Keith didn't want to vote for Joe and knew Abi wasn't going home and so he didn't want to put himself in the line of fire for the drama of voting for her.
Old 12-03-15, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

7 players left. 2 episodes to go. Hmmmm. Normally there are two eliminations in the last ep. With a final three, that still makes us 1 elimination short. No one's quitting, that's for sure. So that means either an extra elimination or a medical evac. With the former more likely. Would they try to cram 3 immunity challenges plus final tribal council in the last ep? Seems a bit too much, especially considering how this jury should have plenty of interesting things to say at the end. Complete guess ... but I'm guessing the double elimination comes next week. Either 2 immunity challenges. Or one of those "twists" like if Jeff tells them they have to immediately vote out another person after tribal council.
Old 12-03-15, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brainee
7 players left. 2 episodes to go. Hmmmm. Normally there are two eliminations in the last ep. With a final three, that still makes us 1 elimination short. No one's quitting, that's for sure. So that means either an extra elimination or a medical evac. With the former more likely. Would they try to cram 3 immunity challenges plus final tribal council in the last ep? Seems a bit too much, especially considering how this jury should have plenty of interesting things to say at the end. Complete guess ... but I'm guessing the double elimination comes next week. Either 2 immunity challenges. Or one of those "twists" like if Jeff tells them they have to immediately vote out another person after tribal council.
One would think an evacuation situation would have been hinted at in the preview. Probst was quoted on EW as saying, "another scary situation and another Survivor in trouble" next week.
Old 12-03-15, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
Did she actually call her an angle?
Are you being obtuse?
Old 12-03-15, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

One would think an evacuation situation would have been hinted at in the preview. Probst was quoted on EW as saying, "another scary situation and another Survivor in trouble" next week.
Ah, I missed that. Has there ever been someone pulled for medical reasons this late in the game?
Old 12-03-15, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brainee
Ah, I missed that. Has there ever been someone pulled for medical reasons this late in the game?
Bruce Kanegai from Panama evacuated in seventh place. (Aras wins)

James Clement evacuated in seventh during the Micronesia season (Parvati wins)

Erik Reichenbach evacuated in fifth during the Caramoan season; he collapsed right after Brenda was voted out (boo!). (John Cochran wins)
Old 12-03-15, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Are you being obtuse?
I was just trying to be right!
Old 12-03-15, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree that somebody quitting in unlikely, but does it really matter when an evac has to happen? I could see that happening again. The challenges this season have been rough on the cast.

I was wondering if the issue in this last episode was going to be somebody's idol falling off their pole and hitting another player in the head. What would they have done in that situation? We'll never know, but in looking how they designed that, it certainly cold have happened.

Personally I think Joe was spot on and the guys could have screwed themselves. Only hope is if Jeremy plays his remaining idol correctly, and not only saves himself, but gets to choose who goes home.

I have no idea why Wentworth is being called a c*nt, but I also hope she plays her idol correctly. With Joe gone Jeremy, Spencer, and Wentworth (in that order) are the only ones I could stand winning this thing. That would be my perfect final three, but I doubt it will ever happen.
Old 12-03-15, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
I was wondering if the issue in this last episode was going to be somebody's idol falling off their pole and hitting another player in the head. What would they have done in that situation? We'll never know, but in looking how they designed that, it certainly cold have happened.
Thought the same thing. Especially when we knew an injury was coming. And then Jeff even commented about the statues weighing 10 lbs and that the players should be aware of it coming down on them.
Old 12-03-15, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,884 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Are you being obtuse?
Abi's no angle, but she's still kind of a cutie.
Old 12-03-15, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

I want Abi gone and not runner up. I hate seasons with goats.
Old 12-03-15, 06:54 PM
Banned

Thought the same thing. Especially when we knew an injury was coming. And then Jeff even commented about the statues weighing 10 lbs and that the players should be aware of it coming down on them.
I was more worried that someone's statue would go crashing into someone else's pole. In that case, would the person whose statue got taken out get to reseat their statue & continue?

I wondered the same thing about the "water balancing" thing. When some of the larger contestants entered the water with a big splash, it sent some waves rocking toward the contestants on that side. Guess that's part of the game (as long as the person falling didn't actually touch the other's buoy), but it is a disadvantage if you're stuck between two people with poor balance.

I still can't believe Keith & Joe kept it up as long as they did. Having fainted a couple of times in my life, I wasn't worried about Joe's heath except for wondering if he might have hit his head on the rail. His reaction was authentic...totally unaware of what had happened.

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Abi's no angle, but she's still kind of a cutie.
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
I want Abi gone and not runner up. I hate seasons with goats.
Abi...cutie? She's got a smokin' physique, but Look at that face! Can you imagine voting for that face!!

Having three strong players in the finals is everyone's dream each season, but as Jeremy said re: sitting between weaker competition:

"Easy money."

I don't see any of these contestants staying loyal to the end if the chance to get rid of tougher competition presents itself. Keeping a voting bloc together to stave off systematic elimination (eg, 4 girls picking off 3 guys until Jeremy whips out his remaining HII...which would only save him once if they target him early) makes sense, but at some point it's dog-eat-dog.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I think Jeremy, Spencer, & Tasha would throw anyone under the bus if it helps their own cause. If several strong players make it to FT and haven't obviously targeted the other stronger players, they can always put forth the argument that they "want to win against players" (which was said this episode but I'll believe it when I see it). Colby played the integrity game in Season 2...and it's constantly brought up that he lost with honor...but still lost.

The jury might respect contestants for wanting to win against stronger players, but most of them would also take the weakest competition available. If integrity mattered, Joe would still be playing.

brainee brings up an interesting point about how these last episodes will play out with 7 players remaining. Unless they do another double elimination episode next week (or the unlikely med vac or family emergency), they'll have six left for the Finale. Being Survivor, they could always have a challenge in which the bottom two get eliminated in one challenge (just as they had a "double save" this week), but have they ever done that? And why would they just to rush through the season? Low ratings?
Old 12-03-15, 07:01 PM
Banned

IMO, this has been an interesting season (and there is still several worthy potential winners left who could make for an interesting final). My biggest gripe is the inordinate amount of air time given to Stephen, Spencer, & Joe (Kass would be included if she had managed to hang around) and the relative invisibility of several others (Kelly Wi., Kimmi, even Keith).

Speaking of cutie-pies, Spencer's gal really fits that description although had to laugh when she said to him, "You're really skinny!" My first reaction (looking at her rail-thin arms) was "Look who's talking." Still, she seemed bright & scrubbed (perfect match for Spence)...evidently the producers thought so, too, given the number of camera shots they afforded the lovebirds. http://www.channelguidemagblog.com/w...episode-11.jpg

Here's the real All-American Couple this season: http://www.channelguidemagblog.com/w...isode-11-6.jpg

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.