Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

New Tremors show in the works starring Kevin Bacon

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-15, 02:05 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
New Tremors show in the works starring Kevin Bacon

Earth-shaking reboot news!

There’s a TV series in the works reviving the sci-fi franchise Tremors — and original star Kevin Bacon is back on board as an actor and executive producer.

Universal Cable Productions and Blumhouse Productions are developing a show based on the 1990 cult favorite about giant killer worms, a movie that spawned four direct-to-video sequels. There was a previous TV version, as well (the 13-episode Tremors: The Series that aired on SciFi Channel in 2003).

Andrew Miller (The Secret Circle) has been tapped to write the adaptation.

Bacon’s involvement is particularly cool as the actor is returning to the franchise after 25 years. Bacon, who recently starred in Fox’s The Following, only appeared in the original Tremors (and doubtless turned down ample opportunities to be involved with the sequels). Bacon will reprise his character Valentine McKee and the setting will return to the fictional Nevada desert town of Perfection.

Earlier this year Bacon said he’d love to revisit the character. “I’d love to do something else with Tremors and revisit the character 25 years later,” he said. “Part of what’s great about that movie is there are next to no digital effects. The monsters are done with puppetry, and it’s still off, funny and scary — it’s a cool accomplishment.”

UCP and Blumhouse are currently shopping the project around to various networks and we’re told “multiple bidders” are interested. Obviously SciFi Channel’s new incarnation Syfy seems like one potential fit, but nowadays pretty much every network is interested in genre shows.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/24...es-kevin-bacon
Old 11-24-15, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: New Tremors show in the works starring Kevin Bacon

I wonder how Kevin is going to feel now that, 25 years later, he'll be acting against a tennis ball on a pole for most of the graboid scenes. Glad to see him back, but I'd rather it was in a movie than a series.
Old 11-24-15, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

No Michael Gross, no sale. He IS Tremors.
Old 11-24-15, 03:11 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

So in the span of a few seconds here, I saw this thread and read that the lost KTMA episodes of MST3K might be getting released. This may qualify as the best few seconds of my life, sadly.
Old 11-24-15, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,197 Likes on 2,064 Posts

So Kevin Bacon will have a small cameo in the first episode and then disappear behind the scenes for the rest of the series' run. He'll then pop up again during sweeps or a season finale...assuming the show lasts that long.
Old 06-26-17, 09:09 PM

Just saw an article pop up on this, think it's new...

http://www.thterrortime.com/tremors-...in-bacon-syfy/
Old 06-26-17, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

SyFy officially greenlit the Pilot today. From what I read, it sounds like Bacon will be the star.
Old 06-26-17, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tremors Reboot Scores Pilot Order at Syfy - Kevin Bacon to Star - Dave Nemetz - TV Line - June 26 2017 -

It’s not safe to go back out to the desert, folks: The cult horror flick Tremors is getting a TV reboot… with original star Kevin Bacon on board.

Syfy has ordered a pilot for a Tremors series, our sister site Variety is reporting, with Bacon reprising his role as Valentine McKee and also serving as an executive producer.
The series will be a sequel, taking place 25 years after the 1990 cult hit about an invasion of killer worms (aka “Graboids”) that wreak havoc on an unsuspecting Nevada desert town.
The worms are back, and it’s up to an aged, alcoholic Valentine McKee to once again save humanity.

Andrew Miller (The Secret Circle) wrote the pilot, and will serve as showrunner if Syfy picks the series up. This reboot was first rumored back in 2015.
Syfy actually aired a separate Tremors series back in 2003, but it was squashed after one season.

Kevin Bacon - “This is the only character I’ve played that I’ve ever thought about revisiting. I just got to thinking, ‘Where would this guy end up after 25 years?’
Andrew Miller has a fantastic take on it, and we hope to create a show that will be fun and scary for fans of the movie and folks that have yet to discover it.
Let’s kick some Graboid ass!”

http://tvline.com/2017/06/26/tremors...r/#more-843130

Variety Article - http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/trem...on-1202479038/
Old 06-27-17, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

You had me at Bacon....
Old 09-19-17, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Tremors worms are coming for a new set of actors: Megan Ketch - who fronted CBS’ American Gothic and recurred on Jane the Virgin as Susanna Barnett - will star opposite Kevin Bacon in Syfy’s sequel pilot.

Emily Tremaine (Guilt, Vinyl) and Shiloh Fernandez (Gypsy) have also been cast in the project, which takes place 25 years after the 1990 cult hit about an invasion of killer worms (aka “Graboids”) that wreak havoc on an unsuspecting Nevada desert town. The worms are back, and it’s up to an aged, alcoholic Valentine McKee (Bacon) to once again save humanity.

Ketch will play Mindy Sterngood, a charismatic young doctor who was saved from a Graboid by Val at age nine and now has an eyebrow-raising fixation on him. Tremaine will co-star as Val’s whip-smart daughter Emily McKee, while Fernandez will portray Nico Garza, an employee at Earl’s Graboid Waste Gobbling company.

http://tvline.com/2017/09/19/tremors...t/#more-868057
Old 04-28-18, 12:00 PM

Surprisingly, this is not moving forward:
http://tvline.com/2018/04/28/tremors...d-kevin-bacon/
Old 04-28-18, 12:27 PM

Crap. Wonder if they will at least air the pilot.
Old 05-11-18, 02:28 PM

Trailer for the abandoned show. I haven't seen all the sequels, but it seems to disregard them? Very strange with a big name like Bacon involved this didn't at least get picked up for one season. I don't know who is making all these dumb decisions at SyFy lately...

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/269051958" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by dex14; 05-11-18 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-11-18, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk God

That looked really fun. Too bad it got passed on.
Old 05-12-18, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

SyFy has had so much worse. Stupid to cancel this. But don't fret! Sharknado 6 is coming!.....
Old 05-12-18, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by VHS?
SyFy has had so much worse. Stupid to cancel this. But don't fret! Sharknado 6 is coming!.....
It's actually the final movie.

They've invested a quite a bit of Sci-fi and fantasy as of late. The Magicians, Van Helsing and now the Superman prequel Krypton. Much better than years past. They have actually cut down on ordering the crappy Asylum movies as well.

Maybe this proposed series was too expensive and that's why they passed.
Old 05-13-18, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The trailer doesn't WOW me, but I love the Tremors films.
Hopefully, we will get something good out of this effort from Bacon.