Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Homeland (S5E08) - "All About Allison" - 11/22/15

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-15, 04:14 PM

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,100 Posts
Homeland (S5E08) - "All About Allison" - 11/22/15

Carrie needs Allison's help; Quinn's plans change.
Old 11-22-15, 09:10 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Re: Homeland (S5E08) - "All About Allison" - 11/22/15

The Quinn story is such a waste for the character.

Miranda Otto's wig in the flashbacks was awful.
Old 11-22-15, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quinn is just getting the shit kicked out himself this season.
Old 11-23-15, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
The Quinn story is such a waste for the character.

Miranda Otto's wig in the flashbacks was awful.
Especially since we have a really good idea of what she looked like in that era. The whole plot structure is still really weak.
Old 11-23-15, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave99
Quinn is just getting the shit kicked out himself this season.
No kidding--that metal pipe to the back of the head now? I hope the payoff is good with that story line, which I wish was 75% of the season.

I did like seeing how Allison got turned, and I'm glad Carrie finally figured it out. Still not sure what's up with the rich guy who helps her.
Old 11-23-15, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

I did the eye-roll thing with the screensaver.
It was set to go off after 30 seconds... and buddy said to just push the space bar but didn't mention she'd have to enter the password again - so I'm guessing it didn't lock at that time. So I'm not sure why anyone would set their screensaver to only 30 seconds if they're not locking it.

And of course it's a picture of him in St. Lucia... at that exact bar drinking a daiquiri. And unless Allison mentioned it a hundred times to Carrie, pretty amazing for her to remember this throw-away piece of information 10 years later. And isn't she jumping to conclusions? Sure, too big a coincidence that it's the same bar - but couldn't Carrie think that they had an affair and took a vacation together? It seems common in the CIA on this show - and didn't she remember that the informant was sweet on her? I think it's too quick a jump to assume Allison turned.

The Quinn storyline for the most part has been putting me to sleep this season.
Old 11-24-15, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
The whole plot structure is still really weak.
Yes. It's not a good thing to need to devote an entire episode in the latter half of the season to explain why you should have cared about the first half of the season - at least as it relates to the main character.

The Quinn stuff was pretty dull but it certainly seems like it was simply a means to an end and it will pay off over the remainder of the season. They have shown an ability to keep Quinn interesting even while interacting with Carrie, who has devolved into FF fodder.
Old 11-24-15, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
I did the eye-roll thing with the screensaver.
It was set to go off after 30 seconds... and buddy said to just push the space bar but didn't mention she'd have to enter the password again - so I'm guessing it didn't lock at that time. So I'm not sure why anyone would set their screensaver to only 30 seconds if they're not locking it.

And of course it's a picture of him in St. Lucia... at that exact bar drinking a daiquiri. And unless Allison mentioned it a hundred times to Carrie, pretty amazing for her to remember this throw-away piece of information 10 years later. And isn't she jumping to conclusions? Sure, too big a coincidence that it's the same bar - but couldn't Carrie think that they had an affair and took a vacation together? It seems common in the CIA on this show - and didn't she remember that the informant was sweet on her? I think it's too quick a jump to assume Allison turned.

The Quinn storyline for the most part has been putting me to sleep this season.
If it's not contrived, it's not Homeland.
Old 11-25-15, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnnysd
The whole plot structure is still really weak.
I think the ending of this episode would have been been a lot more powerful if the audience didn't already know the truth about Allison. It would have been a lot more shocking if we figured it out when Carrie did.
Old 11-25-15, 12:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
And isn't she jumping to conclusions? Sure, too big a coincidence that it's the same bar - but couldn't Carrie think that they had an affair and took a vacation together? It seems common in the CIA on this show - and didn't she remember that the informant was sweet on her? I think it's too quick a jump to assume Allison turned..
To this I would say that Carrie earlier remembered when that dude was supposedly killed in Bahgdad, and Allison didn't really react when saying he was on the list.
Old 11-25-15, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But didn't everyone else get teary-eyed when Carrie stared a little longer at Brodie's POW picture on the wall?
Old 11-25-15, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I have liked everything about this season but the whole Quinn subplot. I guess they are trying to keep him close to Carrie so he is relevant on the show, so that have to put him in the position is in.
Old 11-25-15, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah Quinn is wasted so far this season.
Old 11-25-15, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by dave94
To this I would say that Carrie earlier remembered when that dude was supposedly killed in Bahgdad, and Allison didn't really react when saying he was on the list.
Well Allison already had time to process his "death" and could've been trying to suppress any emotion so Carrie wouldn't figure out their relationship. Hell, Carrie could've thought that Allison wasn't that affected since it was only a fling and didn't mean much emotionally. Suspecting Allison of turning solely based on the screensaver was too big a jump to a conclusion.

And the display of Brodie's picture was cheap. Probably partially done to remind us of what timeframe they're in... and maybe also reminding us of a time when the show was actually of a much higher quality (ie. Season 1).