Search this Thread

Old 11-08-15, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Agent X (TNT) -- S: Jeff Hephner, Sharon Stone -- Season 1 Thread -- 11/8/15

Agent X

Two-Hour Series Premiere:

"Pilot" - Sunday, Nov. 8, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT) - TV-14-DLSV

After her inauguration, newly elected Vice President Natalie Maccabee (Sharon Stone) is initiated into a covert world of danger by her chief steward, Malcolm Millar (Gerald McRaney) and Chief Justice Caleb Thorne (James Earl Jones). Contrary to what the public believes, the job of Vice President is far from ceremonial. In fact, enshrined in a secret version of the Constitution is a section endowing Natalie with her own secret agent, John Case (Jeff Hephner), to be deployed in times of crisis. Natalie quickly finds herself in play when the daughter of FBI Director Stanton (Jamey Sheridan) is kidnapped, and authorities are helpless in rescuing her.

Directed by Peter O'Fallon

Written by William Blake Herron

Created by William Blake Herron

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Geoffrey Blake as Gray Lawson
· Gerald McRaney as Malcolm Miller
· Jamey Sheridan as Edwin Stanton
· Jeff Hephner as John Case
· John Shea as Thomas Eckhart
· Mike Colter as Miles Lathem
· Sharon Stone as Natalie Maccabee

10 episode 1st season

2 hour premiere Sunday night

James Earl Jones also guest stars in the Pilot

Terrible night to premiere this. Going to get buried behind so many other shows. Not going to hold my breath that any of you will have the time to watch this let alone right away on Sunday night.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UroumLF7FTY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-08-15, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Agent X (TNT) -- S: Jeff Hephner, Sharon Stone -- Season 1 Thread -- 11/8/15

DJariya on the case as usual. I saw the ads for this and wanted to watch the first few episodes but forgot to look up when it airs and thus forgot to schedule it on the DVR.

I like Gerald McRaney. I'm not sure about Sharon Stone in a TV series, but I'm curious. I see Jeff Hephner has other notable credits, but my wife and I remember him from the Starz series Boss (with Kelsey Grammer). And who knows how many years we have left to enjoy James Earl Jones (he turns 85 in January).
Old 11-09-15, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Agent X (TNT) -- S: Jeff Hephner, Sharon Stone -- Season 1 Thread -- 11/8/15

I only watched the Pilot tonight (hour 1)

Thought it was mostly entertaining, but the premise is super goofy. You really have to suspend disbelief to enjoy it.

I would say they tried to mix in a little National Treasure and of course a little James Bond into it. I mean the part about the "real" constitution saying that the VP has some kind of special secret agent at her service is already absurd enough.

Good cast they assembled: Sharon Stone, John Shea, Jamey Sheridan, James Earl Jones and Gerald McRaney. I like Jeff Hephner, but I don't know if he's really a draw for anyone. He was great on Boss a few years ago. Agent X's backstory is super thin. They just jump right into him working for the VP. The plot for episode 1 was pretty by the numbers with the kidnapping of the FBI director's daughter. I guess the Russian dancer/agent who was the main villain in episode 1 will still be in play after how it ended.

This is airing the same time as The Walking Dead, Homeland, The Leftovers, Family Guy, football and even The Good Wife. I'm curious to see if this finds an audience or not. I'm not expecting this forum to jump in with such a crowded timeslot and limited evening TV hours before bed.

I'll try to tackle episode 2 tomorrow.
Old 11-09-15, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watched the first episode last night as well. (I have to appreciate that TNT broke the 2 hour premier into 2 separate hours rather than 1 two-hour block. I found it easier to just watch the one episode off my DVR.)

I agree with DJariya about the premise. In fact, this might be the most ridiculous premise for a TV show than I can remember in some time. I was about to delete it off the DVR but then I found myself o the edge of my seat during the action/rescue scene at the end. So I guess I'll watch the next hour.

It's nice seeing Sharon Stone again - she looks great. But is her role going to be limited to sitting in that room and watching the action on a screen? That seems pretty limiting.
Old 11-09-15, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya
I would say they tried to mix in a little National Treasure and of course a little James Bond into it.
I guess the Russian dancer/agent who was the main villain in episode 1 will still be in play after how it ended.
That Russian chick was totally Xenia Onatopp from GoldenEye.
Old 11-09-15, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Watched the first one. Completely stupid premise. But ridiculous action, so that's good. Seems more like summer fare, but I'll keep watching.
Old 11-09-15, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Watched the first one. Completely stupid premise. But ridiculous action, so that's good. Seems more like summer fare, but I'll keep watching.
Yeah this would seem like the perfect show to pair with The Last Ship in the summer on Sundays. Both are escapism action shows.
Old 11-10-15, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Watched hour 2 last night. Plot is still just as silly, but the action is definitely fun. The hospital sequence was pretty cool.

Weird how this show uses Gerald McRaney as the tech guy. I when McRaney was able to manipulate that tech guy and uploaded that file which later changed the security photo of Agent X.

I like Olga. I hope they bring her back. They definitely left things open for it.
Old 11-10-15, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts

Olga was just about the only reason to keep watching the first two episodes. This is easily the craziest premise we've gotten from basic cable in years for a show.

Someone pitched Hillary Clinton as vice president, controlling a secret black ops agent?

The formula for action shows has gotten very repetitive when every lone hero has an older, more senior person controlling him, a computer assistant, and a secret lair with lots of displays. The set-up is vaguely like The Player.