DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Grimm (NBC) -- Season 5 Thread -- Premieres 10/30/15 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/629342-grimm-nbc-season-5-thread-premieres-10-30-15-a.html)

DJariya 10-30-15 05:16 PM

Grimm (NBC) -- Season 5 Thread -- Premieres 10/30/15

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...38589878_o.png

"THE GRIMM IDENTITY"

10/30/2015 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Friday) : NICK BURKHARDT IS A MAN ON FIRE - ELIZABETH RODRIGUEZ GUEST STARS - In the wake of his mother's beheading and Juliette's death, things have never been more chaotic for Nick (David Giuntoli). Having lost so much, Nick must dig deep and decide what type of person he wants to be, while also coming to grips with fathering a child with his once sworn enemy, Adalind (Claire Coffee). His search for the truth leads him to FBI Agent Chavez (guest star Elizabeth Rodriguez) and puts him at odds with those close to him. Russell Hornsby, Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz, Reggie Lee and Bree Turner also star. TV-14 V

22 episode 5th season

MLBFan24 10-30-15 08:27 PM

Re: Grimm (NBC) -- Season 5 Thread -- Premieres 10/30/15

Yes! Can't believe this Friday night show has survived into its fifth season

randian 10-31-15 02:12 PM

Surprised Juliette is really dead. Major characters usually don't get killed, so was this Bitsie wanting out or NBC doing a salary dump?

Thrush 10-31-15 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by MLBFan24 (Post 12632752)
Yes! Can't believe this Friday night show has survived into its fifth season

And its still entertaining.

MLBFan24 11-01-15 12:27 PM

Switching from a procedural to a serial drama has really improved the series overall.

stvn1974 11-01-15 12:50 PM

When Chavez and that other guy were looking into that cell and something came screaming and charging at them from inside did anyone else think that might be Juliette?

Kdogg 11-01-15 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by stvn1974 (Post 12633693)
When Chavez and that other guy were looking into that cell and something came screaming and charging at them from inside did anyone else think that might be Juliette?

Yes. Until I see a body in the ground Juliette still lives. I don't care what the actress, producers or writers say.

Xiroteus 11-01-15 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by stvn1974 (Post 12633693)

I wondered about that yet wonder why she could not get out as she is quite powerful. Unless they have something to keep her in check.

Goldberg74 11-01-15 10:37 PM

Glad to have it back on!

Eric F 11-03-15 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kdogg (Post 12633715)
Yes. Until I see a body in the ground Juliette still lives. I don't care what the actress, producers or writers say.

As in comics, she ain't really dead until they produce the body.:lol:

pelenor 11-04-15 06:46 PM

I think it was Adelind's kid in the cell. Since it was that guy who was talking to Chavez who saved her from the Royals last season.

Kdogg 11-07-15 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by pelenor (Post 12636714)
I think it was Adelind's kid in the cell. Since it was that guy who was talking to Chavez who saved her from the Royals last season.

Maybe. At first I was thinking it was Juliette. Now I'm leaning toward Trouble. Both Juliette and Diana was pretty powerful so I'm not sure a even an iron cell will hold them.

MLBFan24 11-07-15 06:10 PM

One of those US Marshal guys looked and sounded like Keegan-Michael Key.

Can't wait for more themed Grimm episodes (such as Christmas). They usually pull creatures from other cultures that I'm not familiar with.

Goldberg74 11-14-15 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by pelenor (Post 12636714)

Due to the end of last night's ep, we learn that
Spoiler:
Trouble
was in the cell...

The plot with the teenage Vessen was a little featherweight, but the end where they were taken to Vessen-Juvee was heavy. Methinks that they'll be brainwashed into fighting for this mysterious organization with the slash-marks.

Not sure I like Nick's new digs... but it was time to move on from the old house.

MLBFan24 11-14-15 06:45 PM

I can't remember another show where the main character moves into another house in the middle of a series. I've seen it happen plenty of times near the series finale.

For example, sitcoms always have that main residential location (house, apartment), but the main characters likely move to another place near the end of the series.

Koby 11-14-15 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by MLBFan24 (Post 12645108)
I can't remember another show where the main character moves into another house in the middle of a series. I've seen it happen plenty of times near the series finale.

For example, sitcoms always have that main residential location (house, apartment), but the main characters likely move to another place near the end of the series.

Who said this is just the middle of the series? I honestly don't really see Grim going for a 10+ season run.

stvn1974 11-14-15 08:00 PM

This is season five and can't be a cheap series. It is already in syndication and once they get to that magical number of 100 episodes I feel it will be in danger no matter the ratings.

Xiroteus 11-14-15 09:38 PM

Moving to a more secure location was a good move. Thinking he should move ever sense the last season ended. Too many bad events along with the location being too well known.

The new place could look a bit nicer though.

windom 11-14-15 10:40 PM

I thought that "Trouble" is supposed to be spelled "Trubel" since the character's real name is Theresa Rubel.

Goldberg74 11-14-15 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by windom (Post 12645219)
I thought that "Trouble" is supposed to be spelled "Trubel" since the character's real name is Theresa Rubel.

To-ma-to, tom-at-o. ;)

Kdogg 11-15-15 04:58 AM

I wonder if the show ever gets back to the plot line with the keys. That was central to season one but has only been addressed a couple times since.

Kdogg 11-21-15 04:43 PM

It's been building since last season, but I don't like this potential coupling of Nick and Adelind. She's very attractive and has been sweet and caring but seriously? Off the top of my head she's:
- Killed Nick's aunt (the woman who raised him)
- Tried to Kill Nick many times
- Tried to Kill Juliette and Monroe and Rosalee
- Bewitched Hank to fall in love with her
- Poisons Wu (accidentally)
- Tried to sell her first kid to the Royals
- Betray the witch who was helping her sell her kid
- Impersonate Juliette to sleep with Nick to make him loose his powers
which lead to Juliette becoming a Hexanbeast which lead to his mother's murder.

This women has been responsible for the worst things that have happened to Nick.

van der graaf 11-21-15 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Kdogg (Post 12650886)
It's been building since last season, but I don't like this potential coupling of Nick and Adelind. She's very attractive and has been sweet and caring but seriously? Off the top of my head she's:
- Killed Nick's aunt (the woman who raised him)
- Tried to Kill Nick many times
- Tried to Kill Juliette and Monroe and Rosalee
- Bewitched Hank to fall in love with her
- Poisons Wu (accidentally)
- Tried to sell her first kid to the Royals
- Betray the witch who was helping her sell her kid
- Impersonate Juliette to sleep with Nick to make him loose his powers
which lead to Juliette becoming a Hexanbeast which lead to his mother's murder.

This women has been responsible for the worst things that have happened to Nick.

Don't disagree, but they have tried to explain that away by her being a hexienbiest. Her powers are now dormant, so she is different than the person who did those things.

Koby 11-22-15 12:52 AM

So having hexienbiest powers automatically makes you an evil person, and simply removing the ability to perform spells changes you into a nice person? Seems a bit silly.

Thrush 11-22-15 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by van der graaf (Post 12650935)
Don't disagree, but they have tried to explain that away by her being a hexienbiest. Her powers are now dormant, so she is different than the person who did those things.

The problem is when she bit Nick and lost her powers she didnt stop being evil though. She was still manipulative, conniving and she wanted her powers back.

Her good guy turn is just as abrupt as Juliet's heel turn. Looking at Kdog's summary, Nick shouldn't want to have anything to do with this woman. Shes easily been the most destructive force in his life.