DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Player (S1E06) -- "The Norseman" -- 10/29/15 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/629329-player-s1e06-norseman-10-29-15-a.html)

DJariya 10-29-15 07:47 PM

The Player (S1E06) -- "The Norseman" -- 10/29/15

http://www.nbc.com/sites/nbcunbc/fil...?itok=LaXfFVvc

"THE NORSEMAN"

10/29/2015 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : AN UNEXPECTED VISIT FROM HIS NIECE RAISES THE STAKES FOR ALEX'S NEXT CHALLENGE- GUEST STARRING COURTNEY GROSBECK- After discovering some unnerving news, the House bets on whether Alex Kane (Philip Winchester) can stop a serial killer from striking before Halloween. Meanwhile, Det. Brown (Damon Gupton) is hot on Cassandra's (Charity Wakefield) tail and Mr. Johnson (Wesley Snipes) intervenes. Patrick Breenan, Kadee Strickland, Richard Roundtree and Daisy Betts guest star.

Episode 6 of 9

Such a bummer that nobody watched this and there's only 3 episodes left after tonight.

I read tweets from Winchester and the showrunner John Rogers and they're both really disappointed.

DeadLamb 10-30-15 01:28 AM

Re: The Player (S1E06) -- "The Norseman" -- 10/29/15

Best ep so far IMO..
Creepy bad guy who was something other then another random hit man. Plus a bunch of tiny crumb level details to string one along about the game, the betting, the missing wife, Snipes background before being the pitboss and of course we also got Snipes being a total bad ass.

Show is really starting to hit it's stride now as they tend to do after 5+ eps.. It's why people always want networks to hang in there for at least 13 eps. Yet I can see why the networks bail, shows are not cheap to make and you can keep throwing money at this one and it's 4million viewers or double down on say Supergirl and it's 12million+ viewers..

ruk 10-30-15 03:07 AM

Good episode.

lisadoris 10-30-15 03:13 PM

That was the best episode so far. Mr. Johnson is a total bad ass and it would be interesting to see what happens with the Fed and how Shaft fits into all this. I hate that nobody watches this show, seriously, I think a different night might do wonders.

randian 10-30-15 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by lisadoris (Post 12632529)
That was the best episode so far. Mr. Johnson is a total bad ass and it would be interesting to see what happens with the Fed and how Shaft fits into all this.

Only 3 episodes left until cancelation, I doubt we'll ever find out.

MikahC 10-31-15 12:18 AM

The Player was the last of the new shows I started to watch as it was the one I expect the like the least. While I watched some of Banshee and Strike Back, I didn't enjoy them as much as some here. Not only was The Player starring one of the leads of Strike Back, but it seemed another action show. Shows like "Heroes", "Limitless", and "Minority Report" had name recognition. Blindspot had the other lead of Strike Back, but also had Jaimie Alexander, a premise I liked more, and a load of hype.

But all that's on paper. After watching all of them, I didn't reach a point where I could say The Player is the best of the new shows, but I could absolutely say it was the most fun. I like all the actors in their roles, and if we're not doing any more Blade movies with Wesley Snipes, this'll do.

All in all, it's been a fun ride. This isn't the show I'd have picked for cancellation, but assuming it goes, that's the way the cookie crumbles. I'm not going to let the absence of more seasons put a damper on my enjoyment of the remaining episodes.

Original Desmond 11-09-15 08:54 AM

really sad this show has been cancelled

Wesley kicks ass