TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Gotham (S2E05) -- "Rise of the Villains: Scarification" -- 10/19/15

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-15, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Gotham (S2E05) -- "Rise of the Villains: Scarification" -- 10/19/15

"GOTHAM" - (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

FAMILY RIVALRIES WILL RESURFACE IN THE CITY ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" MONDAY, OCTOBER 19, ON FOX

Galavan and Penguin join forces with a dangerous family in Gotham. Then, as the rivalry between the Waynes and the Galavans resurfaces, Gordon struggles to maintain order in the city in the all new "Rise of the Villains: Scarification" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Oct. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-205) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, Morena Baccarin as Leslie Thompkins, Michael Chiklis as Detective Nathaniel Barnes, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the future Riddler, James Frain as Theo Galavan, Jessica Lucas as Tabitha Galavan, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox, Nicholas D'Agosto as Harvey Dent, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean

Guest Cast: Chelsea Spack as Kristen Kringle, Lenny Platt as Luke Garrett, Paulina Singer as Josie, Ian Quinlan as Pinkney, Lucas Salvagno as Martinez, Michael Potts as Sid Bunderslaw, Michelle Veintmilla as Bridgit, Leo Fitzpatrick as Joe Pike, Noah Robbins as Evan Pike, Mary Joy as Edwige, Ron Rifkin as Father Creel
Episode 5 of 22
Old 10-19-15, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts
Re: Gotham (S2E05) -- "Rise of the Villains: Scarification" -- 10/19/15

"Jim! The dangerous criminal we've been hunting is standing about 25 feet away from us in this alley!"

"I know! And we're both standing here with our guns drawn and pointed at this very dangerous criminal!"

"We should shoot at her!!"

"We should! But bullets won't travel through fire!"

"You're right!! ... OH MY GOD!!! She just set fire to a cop!"

"If only we could shoot through the flames that are between us!!"

"We'll just have to stand here, pointing our guns, but not firing them."
Old 10-20-15, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

So for the last 200 years this family has been plotting to get back at the Waynes because they cut off some guy's hand and took control of the city? Man that is a dumb plot. They couldn't find another city to take over. How are they not mad at like everybody because the Waynes can't be the only ones that screwed them over in 200 years.
Old 10-20-15, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

This was easily the dumbest, campiest episode of Gotham we've gotten. The terrible flashback to the Wayne ancestors, the goofy arson villains with z-level acting, Penguin cutting off Butch's hand...I can't remember a single good scene in this episode. Which is a shame because every episode before this one had been good to great this season.
Old 10-20-15, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

I zoned out a lot on this episode. Just couldn't get into it... First really bad episode of the season.
Old 10-20-15, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Penguin is crazy and all however it feels like it would not be hard to get the upper hand.
Old 10-20-15, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess he's just a cut above the rest...
Old 10-20-15, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Looks like we are getting Azrael: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/395...o-fox-s-gotham

The fifth episode of the second season of "Gotham" aired last night and introduced a female Firefly, this time giving us a villain character in full costume as well. But it was another revelation, one to do with that of season long antagonist Theo Galavan (James Frain), that has got tongues wagging.

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR LAST NIGHT'S "GOTHAM"

The episode revealed that the Galavan family is of the Dumas line, with the Order of St. Dumas itself involved in their scheme of revenge against Gotham and the Wayne family. The Order is famous for its chief warrior, Azrael, which begs the question of whether he will show up. ComicBook.com asked executive producer John Stephens about such a possibility:

"We will be going deeper into the Order of St. Dumas over the next run of episodes, and it will continue to play an evolving role for the rest of the season... and yes, we wouldn't be telling an Order of St. Dumas story without also intending to tell an Azrael story. Just keep watching."

Several different characters have taken on the mantle of Azrael in the comics, not just Jean-Paul Valley who famously played the character who took over for Bruce Wayne as Batman when his back was broken. "Gotham" continues Monday night on FOX.
Old 10-22-15, 11:46 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i liked the episode. Not as strong as the others but still good

Might be the second best superhero show behind the Flash, well third if you include Daredevil
Old 10-22-15, 12:23 PM

Received 804 Likes on 523 Posts

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
Penguin is crazy and all however it feels like it would not be hard to get Butch's hand.
Fixed.

I liked the ep okay... but I hated the arson brothers.

However, I know now never to put C4 down my pants and get in a gun fight with the GCPD.