DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   iZombie (CW) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 10/6/15 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/628985-izombie-cw-season-2-thread-premieres-10-6-15-a.html)

DJariya 10-06-15 02:38 AM

iZombie (CW) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 10/6/15

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...2f&oe=568ED2CE

SEASON PREMIERE

iZOMBIE

"Grumpy Old Liv" - (9:00:30-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

ADAM ROSE ("VERONICA MARS") GUEST STARS - Liv (Rose McIver) consumes the brains of a cantankerous old man to help gain insight into his death. After receiving an anonymous call on the tipster hotline, Liv and Detective Babineax (Malcolm Goodwin) stop by the residence of Byron Thistlewaite (guest star Adam Rose), to question the mysterious caller. Meanwhile, Ravi (Rahul Kohli) suspects that Major (Robert Buckley) might be experiencing a side effect of the cure, and Liv pays Blaine (David Anders) a surprise visit. Michael Fields directed the episode written by Rob Thomas (#201). Original airdate 10/6/2015.

13 episode 2nd season

http://deadline.com/2015/10/crazy-ex...cw-1201567422/

The CW ordered 5 scripts yesterday. So there is a chance this gets a full season.

onebyone 10-07-15 03:19 PM

Re: iZombie (CW) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 10/6/15

Loved the episode last night. I am glad they didn't completely sugar coat what happened & left her in a dark place trying to work her way out.

Major's story staying the most interesting arc of all.

You got to hand it to Blaine. Nothing gets him down.

lwhy? 10-07-15 10:03 PM

I loved the premiere. Grumpy Liv was funny. This season was supposed to be 13 episodes, but The CW ordered 5 more scripts.

randian 10-07-15 10:56 PM

They really wimped out on Liv's makeup. She hardly looks like a zombie anymore. I wonder why she didn't tell her mother she had some non-fatal disease which made it impossible to give blood. Blood banks don't want even relatively benign diseases contaminating blood. It's true as far as it goes and fends off uncomfortable questions.

will travel 10-08-15 01:19 AM

Enjoyable episode.
Blain has a new job as an Undertaker. Which should fit his schemes.
So far Rose McIver has been able to act all personalities thrown her way by the writers.

Jadzia 10-08-15 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by randian (Post 12610712)
They really wimped out on Liv's makeup. She hardly looks like a zombie anymore. I wonder why she didn't tell her mother she had some non-fatal disease which made it impossible to give blood. Blood banks don't want even relatively benign diseases contaminating blood. It's true as far as it goes and fends off uncomfortable questions.

Yeah, I was wondering why she just didn't say she had HepC or something. Less embarrassing than your mom knowing you are a zombie (or just thinking you are an asshole who won't give blood to save your dying brother.)

starseed1981 10-08-15 10:18 AM

Solid premiere. The show is definitely starting to find its groove.

DJariya 10-09-15 01:34 AM

Enjoyable premiere, but I agree that Rose McIver's makeup wasn't very good. She was looking pretty normal in several scenes.

I wished they would have picked up where the cliffhanger left off. I felt like I was missing a scene with how they segued to Liv's brother already in ICU. So Liv just refused to donate her blood and that's it?

Alright so Lt. Suzuki was already a zombie right? What was the whole point of him basically committing suicide?

Grumpy Liv was pretty funny.

PhantomStranger 10-10-15 02:38 AM

While she doesn't really look like a zombie anymore, I would have made the same call on Rose's make-up. It was way over done last season and covered up the show's primary female lead. She looked much, much better with this episode's lighter make-up.

Count Dooku 10-10-15 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12611882)
I wished they would have picked up where the cliffhanger left off. I felt like I was missing a scene with how they segued to Liv's brother already in ICU. So Liv just refused to donate her blood and that's it?

Not sure what you mean. The brother got the necessary blood from another donor, but the family is angry that Liv put his life in danger.

The family wasn't such a huge part of the first season that this is a major dramatic development, but with the roommate gone and Major distant, it makes Liv more alienated from her human past than ever.

Alright so Lt. Suzuki was already a zombie right? What was the whole point of him basically committing suicide?

It provides a conclusion (maybe) to the "the police are covering up zombie killings" storyline with the ironic twist that the villain is hailed as the hero. This indictment of society's power structure, along with the evil corporation, creates a context for Liv as superhero.

Also, it provides a narrative out for how the high profile massacre can be explained without Major being involved.

Eric F 10-10-15 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by randian (Post 12610712)

She could have just said she was on meds for depression or anxiety, it's socially acceptable these days and she wouldn't be able to donate blood.

randian 10-14-15 01:11 AM

She still looks too human. Compare to the zombie henchman.

Baron Of Hell 10-14-15 02:00 AM

I think she is actively hiding her zombie looks.

randian 10-14-15 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell (Post 12616859)
I think she is actively hiding her zombie looks.

Remember the police-tape dress? She exposed her shoulders, upper chest, and bare arms. That would be nearly impossible to do convincingly unless you're a professional makeup artist. Plus her face, neck, hands, and hair are always exposed. Hiding makeup like that on your hands would be a nightmare.

The yellowing of her skin makes her look jaundiced rather than zombie-like. Plus i thought the white was cuter. Interesting that Blaine is trying to hide the fact that he's now human.

Giantrobo 10-14-15 03:14 PM

Man i LOVE this show. :up:

Count Dooku 10-14-15 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo (Post 12617288)
Man i LOVE this show. :up:

Surprised. I thought you judged every show by the size of the leading lady's ass. ;)

onebyone 10-14-15 06:44 PM

That episode was so much fun. She needs to eat more Frat boy brains, she was hysterical.

They could not have cast Blaine's father better. Their scene together was fantastic. Can't wait for more.

Astrofan 10-16-15 10:57 PM

I believe the 10/13 episode is the best of the series. Not only because it was nice to see some clever, and fun, satire. Another highlight is McIver's acting which also was the best of the series. There was also excellent direction by long time journeyman director, John T. Kretchmer. Really good.

Count Dooku 10-20-15 09:29 PM

10/20

Anymore foot shots and I would have started to wonder if this was a Tarantino joint.

Also: "Along time ago, we used to be friends." Ha!

stopgap 10-20-15 10:11 PM

Another fun epsisode. I don't like seeing her eat brains though. I am weird in that way.

mwbmis 10-20-15 10:39 PM

Glad Peyton is back. I think she needs to be the one to "rescue" Liv when the "evil roommate" plot resolves.

stopgap 10-20-15 11:31 PM

I can only imagine what the detective thinks of Liv. Lol

randian 10-21-15 02:02 AM

They need to glam Rose up more often.

will travel 10-22-15 02:16 AM

HAPPY Belated BIRTHDAY to Rose McIver. Turned 27.

It was also Liv Birthday. Tasty looking cake her ex-roomie brought for her.

PhantomStranger 10-22-15 07:27 PM

This was a fun episode, it was clear Rose was having a blast with the role.