Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Quantico (ABC) -- Series Thread -- S: Priyanka Chopra

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-15, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,259 Likes on 837 Posts
re: Quantico (ABC) -- Series Thread -- S: Priyanka Chopra

I bailed as well. The two timelines just got annoying and the astonishing amount of crappy acting was just too much for me to endure.
Old 12-14-15, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I guess few are still left watching this car accident in progress but the latest holiday episode showed Quantico's wheels coming off.

We are one step away from Under The Dome-style plot twists in Quantico.
Old 12-14-15, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I guess few are still left watching this car accident in progress but the latest holiday episode showed Quantico's wheels coming off.

We are one step away from Under The Dome-style plot twists in Quantico.
I haven't watched this one yet. Did someone tamper with her car?
Old 12-15-15, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whotony
I haven't watched this one yet. Did someone tamper with her car?
Nope, but there is an exciting plot twist you won't see coming (duh duh duh)
Old 12-15-15, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

Regarding one character's leaving the scene:

Spoiler:
Are they still making buildings with windows (on high floors) that open out from the center like that? I expected the fall, but I figured it would be a "run and crash" rather than the awkward way it was done.
Old 12-15-15, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Originally Posted by DWilson
Regarding one character's leaving the scene:

Spoiler:
Are they still making buildings with windows (on high floors) that open out from the center like that? I expected the fall, but I figured it would be a "run and crash" rather than the awkward way it was done.
My wife commented on that when we watched it. She said "I thought they don't make windows like that on Hotels for just that reason."
Old 12-15-15, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by orangecrush
My wife commented on that when we watched it. She said "I thought they don't make windows like that on Hotels for just that reason."
Well the scene does take place in the future so maybe six months down the road Hotels will now have windows that are like that.
Old 12-15-15, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 349 Likes on 268 Posts

The Fall finale wasn't all that great. I agree about the hotel window. No hotel has windows like that.

Though my theory about all the recruits being involved seems to be coming back...
Old 12-16-15, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
The Fall finale wasn't all that great. I agree about the hotel window. No hotel has windows like that.

Though my theory about all the recruits being involved seems to be coming back...
No, it wasn't great. Not sure I will give a crap when the show returns in March. That is a long hiatus.
Old 12-21-15, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just watched the finale last night -- what building blew up at the very end? I rewound and watched the scene several times, but I could not make out what any of the characters said. Do I just have bad ears, or was the dialog in that portion completely hard to make out?
Old 12-21-15, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeraden
I just watched the finale last night -- what building blew up at the very end? I rewound and watched the scene several times, but I could not make out what any of the characters said. Do I just have bad ears, or was the dialog in that portion completely hard to make out?
Where the FBI has set up their staging area. Essentially the bomber was after the FBI the whole time.

I think everybody had the same thought about the window. Pretty silly to include something like that when everybody knows that would not be there in any reality.
Old 01-01-16, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Where the FBI has set up their staging area. Essentially the bomber was after the FBI the whole time.

I think everybody had the same thought about the window. Pretty silly to include something like that when everybody knows that would not be there in any reality.
Just watched the Fall Finale a few days ago as well. Thank you for clarifying this. I wasn't sure if it was the same bomb that Miranda helped defuse moments earlier. The editing on this show is making it a really frustrating watch. My Mother also watches it and she's barely following what the heck is going on.

I was a little annoyed that they hinted a potential fling between Alex and Liam at the end.

Kind of a waste of Eliza Coupe as well.

I know the reason for the long break is because the show is pretty serialized and they want to air the final 11 episodes non-stop with no interruptions rather than taking intermittent 2 or 3 week breaks to fill out the schedule until May. But, I know in our current overloaded entertainment content society, people lose interest in things fast. And as a few here have said, this pretty much kills any momentum the show had.
Old 01-01-16, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This is one show where the extended season order is going to severely affect quality. They've chewed through too much plot and many of the character arcs are already a mess.
Old 03-06-16, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Reminder. Returns tomorrow night for episode 12. The final 11 episodes should air non-stop until the finale.

THE SEARCH CONTINUES TO FIND THE PERSON OR PERSONS BEHIND THE TERRORIST ATTACKS WHILE ALEX IS STILL IN THE CENTER OF IT ALL, ON ABC'S "QUANTICO"

"Alex" - Alex finds herself in the middle of a congressional hearing to testify about the terrorist bombings. Convinced Elias didn't act alone, she is determined to find answers and the truth. While back at Quantico, a new group of NATS join Alex and her classmates, causing tension and competition between the groups of trainees, on "Quantico," SUNDAY, MARCH 6 (10:00--11:00 EST) on the ABC Television Network.

"Quantico" stars Priyanka Chopra as Alex Parrish, Josh Hopkins as Liam O'Connor, Aunjanue Ellis as Miranda Shaw, Jake McLaughlin as Ryan Booth, Tate Ellington as Simon Asher, Johanna Braddy as Shelby Wyatt, Graham Rogers as Caleb Haas and Yasmine Al Massri as Nimah and Raina Amin.

Guest starring are Marcia Cross as Claire Haas, Rick Cosnett as Elias Harper, David Alpay as Duncan, Jacob Artist as Brandon, J. Mallory McCree as Charlie Price, Lenny Platt as Drew Perale, Li Jun Li as Iris Chang, Jay Armstrong Johnson as Will Olsen and Noam Jenkins as Khaled.

"Alex" was written by Jake Coburn and directed by Jamie Barber.

Executive producers of "Quantico" are Joshua Safran, Mark Gordon, Nicholas Pepper, Jake Coburn and Robert Sertner. "Quantico" is produced by ABC Studios.
Also:

Renewed for a 2nd season by ABC last week: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...20160303abc04/

Apparently it's one of the most heavily DVR'd shows this TV season. L+7 ratings increase in triple digits. Guess hardly anyone watches this live Sunday nights.
Old 03-07-16, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Last night's episode was a little hard to follow, especially after being off the air for almost 3 months. The timelines are getting really confusing now. The flash forwards seemed to have jumped a little further post-bombing. Alex seems to have now been exonerated.

Was that Natalie at the end with the bomb attached to her?

Elias was constantly mentioned throughout the episode as being the terror suspect. I had forgotten that he jumped out the window in the last episode and killed himself.

Who was the guy who jumped off the bridge and mentioned Alex's name?
Old 03-07-16, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

There seems to have been a soft reset of the show. My eyes did roll when they introduced additional characters into their training class. The last thing this show needed was more characters.

Yes, that was Natalie with a bomb at the end.
Old 03-07-16, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This show keeps getting cheesier, but I'll still watch it. I don't remember, but did they even show any more of the 2nd explosion in the fall finale? In this spring premiere, they just list a bunch of dead characters.
Old 03-08-16, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

ha ha. fuck this show.
Old 03-08-16, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
This show keeps getting cheesier, but I'll still watch it. I don't remember, but did they even show any more of the 2nd explosion in the fall finale? In this spring premiere, they just list a bunch of dead characters.
They jumped ahead and didn't really explain all the fall-out from that explosion. I'll assume more will be revealed as the season continues on.
Old 03-08-16, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

I mean, I had a hard enough time keeping the flash back with the present day shit straight. Now you're throwing a flash forward in a sense while leaving that "present day attack" with loose ends?
Old 03-09-16, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Who was the guy who jumped off the bridge and mentioned Alex's name?
Didn't remember him specifically, but based on the dialogue it seemed like there were saying it was one of the group of IT experts that helped her when she was on the run.

I still enjoy this show. The eye candy certainly doesn't hurt. Those yoga pants training scenes were gold. Pure gold.
Old 03-21-16, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

I've got to say the mid-winter "break" didn't help this series, at least for me. I feel like I missed an episode or two, -but I know I didn't, -and I'm just finding it hard to re-connect. I can follow the "Training" storylines, but almost all the post-bombing stuff is getting ridiculously complicated. I didn't get that Alex and The Instructor (Liam) actually slept together until she said it (did I miss a scene or was that just suggested at the end of the first half?). Then we bring in the Natalie character and then blow her up (or maybe not)but nobody knows, and don't get me started on Alex's oddball ex-recruit pal in the woods. I'm also just about completely lost (and, frankly, just don't care) about the "Twin" situation. Is it just me or has this become even more of a mess than before?

Last edited by DWilson; 03-21-16 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-21-16, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The showrunners apparently only planned on a 10 or 12 episode season and had nothing in mind when ABC ordered it to a full season. It's the same thing that ruined the end of Gotham's season one.

The show did not need additional cast members. That was a huge mistake coming back from the break.
Old 03-21-16, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree, the winter break made me forget a lot of stuff. When they are having their dialogue, I'm trying to think back to prior episodes.

And they continue to add more subplots. There are too many stories:

1. Chicago plot
2. Improper relationship between Liam and Alex.
3. Mysterious terrorist caller plot
4. Con artist plot
5. Twin plot
6. Miranda and her son's kidnapping plot
7. Alex, Ryan, and his ex love triangle

And probably lots more I'm forgetting about

And what a wasted opportunity with the TEVOC training. I thought that was foreshadowing a car chase in the future timeline. Nope.

Last edited by MLBFan24; 03-22-16 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-04-16, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Just watched the last 4 episodes including last night.

I am really confused at what's going on right now. Plus, it didn't help that they brought in 3 or 4 more new characters, which included yet another potential love interest for Alex. I agree with DWilson, the post bombing flash forwards are getting super convoluted.

at the hijacking simulation and using the Kobayashi Maru scenario. Stupid Shelby trying to talk down a 3rd hijacker with a vest bomb and trigger.

And I don't understand why Eliza Coupe's character was arrested during that disturbance. She even ID'd herself.

I was surprised a few episodes ago when they killed off Natalie.

I think it was 2 episodes ago when the young terrorists stormed Quantico, I thought that was one of the better episodes this season.

This show would have been better as a 13-15 episode series. Seems like with the full season order, they are overdoing it big time with the subplots.

My Mother was watching this show since the Pilot, but she got so lost with the time jumps, subplots that she didn't bother coming back for the March premiere.

I'm not expecting it, but I hope there is a somewhat satisfying end to this whole messy arc in the finale. Since this show got renewed, I can't see them extending this storyline for yet another 22 episodes. That would be ridiculous.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.