Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Quantico (ABC) -- Series Thread -- S: Priyanka Chopra

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-15, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
re: Quantico (ABC) -- Series Thread -- S: Priyanka Chopra

I really want to see the point where Liam turned on Alex and became a douchebag. They mentioned that he fell in love with her, so maybe he and Alex had a fling or she rejected him? That's why he's being very narrow minded in this investigation. I'm also curious as to what happened to Miranda and her position at Quantico.

Funny how they bring in good old Mark Pelligrino as some big shot running the show. Not surprised that Asher wasn't fully in on helping Alex.
Old 10-13-15, 05:46 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

the lead actress in this is hot, but damn is she a horrible actress. no voice presence whatsoever, it cracks and waivers throughout the entire show...
Old 10-13-15, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I keep thinking this show would be better if they just told the story in order. Let us get to know the recruits and save the big terrorist explosion and chase for mid-season. It's almost as if they don't trust the audience to actually watch the storyline unfold so they have to blow their wad with everything that is coming right from the beginning.

I am finding the back and forth between the past and the present very jarring.
I agree but networks can't wait around building an audience anymore in today's ratings environment. That horse is out of the barn. Ten years ago we wouldn't have gotten half of these reveals so early.

It's clear this show is juggling some kind of extreme conspiracy. The only thing that seems to make sense is that several of the recruits are terrorists, possibly an entire terrorist cell. Alex could possibly be one of the few good guys outside the conspiracy and she has been chosen to take the fall.
Old 10-13-15, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk God

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/quan...bc-1201616841/

http://deadline.com/2015/10/quantico...bc-1201579330/

Quantico picked up for a full season. 6 more episodes. May get more.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-13-15 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-20-15, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Well, the episode from Sunday answered some questions.

Looks like Miranda is on to a terrorist cell that's recruiting Americans and that's why Nimah and Raina were recruited by her to help stop it.

Still annoyed that Liam has such a huge stick up his ass with him having it out for Alex. Plus, he wants her to leave by her choice.

I want to know more about Shelby, but they didn't go into her much other than the big confrontation with Alex. So her parents died? and she's blaming someone for it?

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/quantic...-pieces-227049

This review is pretty spot on with it's observations. He says they're trying to cram in so much plot, that it's making the show extremely tough to follow.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ks-down-827388

The showrunner in this article estimates he currently has 15 or 16 active plot threads going on simultaneously.

I like that they're trying to challenge the viewer and not make this a fluff piece, but they're only 4 episodes in and I hope they don't blow their load too soon.

They have a 19 episode season to work with.
Old 10-20-15, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's ambitious plotting but I am more worried about the glossy network sheen Quantico delivers. It was incredibly awkward when the senior agent was trying to discuss an Islamic terrorist cell without actually using those words. ABC made her use euphemisms for the scene. That is going to cripple this show in the long run.

I assume this will be some weird domestic military-industrial conspiracy to start another war in the Middle East. That is the safest choice a network like ABC would allow.
Old 10-20-15, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Does Chopra have any ties to royalty? She looks very princess like. spoilerized for size

I know it's just the photo shoot, but I would believe it if told she was of noble blood. That said, she isn't enough to get me to watch this series.
Pretty much all Bollywood actresses are gorgeous. And most royals (at least the European ones) are rather plain-looking what with centuries of inbreeding.
Old 10-21-15, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 349 Likes on 268 Posts

I still think Shelby's parents are still alive, and maybe taken hostage somewhere. She sent that $1,000,000 (was it that much?) to someone in last week's episode. You definitely don't send that to your sister you're reconnecting with. I'm still going with all sleeper cells are active (the recruits) and the mission now is to eliminate Alex Parrish before she uncovers the truth.

And maybe Booth isn't a terrorist, because technically, he isn't a recruit.

I agree that ABC is tip toeing with an Arab terrorist theme. "24" didn't give a sh-t in 2004 when Day 4 was released. They had Muslim terrorists. FOX and "24" told the boycotters to kick rocks.
Old 10-21-15, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
I still think Shelby's parents are still alive, and maybe taken hostage somewhere.
I find it weird every time she talks about her parents because 9/11 was almost 15 years ago and she is in her mid-twenties at most. She always talks about them like she just saw them yesterday and mentions all these things she did with them. But she would have been pretty young when they died. Something seems weird.
Old 10-26-15, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Alex is so dumb her video is basically "trust be because I'm a hot babe". She fails to mention the tainted fingerprint evidence, which might get somebody in the FBI to take notice.
Old 10-26-15, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The writers are throwing out so many red herrings that I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't even come up with who the terrorist is.
Old 10-27-15, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its a show like this where you almost want to watch it over once you know who the traitor is just to see if any hints were shown or if there are things there that say the writers hadn't made them the traitor yet.
Old 10-27-15, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

They've done so many red herrings with Simon's is-he-or-isn't-he gay sub-plot I don't know what to think anymore. I think it's possibly a misdirection on his true identity. Is he really Jewish? He seems like a character you could name as a terrorist and could be dropped without much thought for this show's second season.

Some of the stuff with the hackers was laughable and will suddenly become Alex's deus ex machina whenever she needs help.
Old 10-27-15, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

All the hookups in the latest episode have thrown me off from my ability to formulate theories. This is definitely not "24" haha I don't know how well my theories hold up after this episode.

The hackers were a joke.
Old 10-27-15, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

The grey's factor in this really just has turned me off from really enjoying it. Less hooking up plz.
Old 11-02-15, 11:45 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

So now Shelby is hooking up with Booth's dad! WTF
Old 11-02-15, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by BDB
So now Shelby is hooking up with Booth's dad! WTF
It wasn't Booth's Dad, it was Caleb, the dude she was already sleeping with.

Now they're playing up the angle that the twins might be involved in the attack.

I when Asher freaked out after discovering the twins.
Old 11-02-15, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I felt like I was watching The OC all over again, but I kind like it. This isn't a terrorist show. I've accepted it.

Those twins really mishandled Simon's reaction. One of the sisters could have just said her sister is visiting from out of town. "Oh sorry, I never mentioned I had a twin." And if visitors are forbidden in the dorm, that's better than blowing your mission.
Old 11-03-15, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

The OC factor has really just led me to skip a lot of the episode. Feeling like I'm less inclined to continue given how the story is playing out.
Old 11-04-15, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

We now know why the FBI didn't stop 9/11 from happening. They were too horny to worry about stopping terrorists. I didn't quite get one part. Was Shelby sleeping with both Caleb and his father at the same time, or had she broken up with Caleb before moving on to his dad?
Old 11-04-15, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 794 Posts

As much as I want to watch sexy women being sexy and dangerous, I've given up on caring about this.
Old 11-04-15, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
We now know why the FBI didn't stop 9/11 from happening. They were too horny to worry about stopping terrorists.
They were connecting something other than dots!

I find all the "present" (or is it future?) storyline to be really dull and much prefer the scenes at Quantico. I still wish they had let the plot unfold naturally so we would get to the big terrorist attack halfway through the season, like a mid-season cliffhanger or something.
Old 11-04-15, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
We now know why the FBI didn't stop 9/11 from happening. They were too horny to worry about stopping terrorists. I didn't quite get one part. Was Shelby sleeping with both Caleb and his father at the same time, or had she broken up with Caleb before moving on to his dad?
She didn't star seeing the father until after training when she was stationed in NY. I'm assuming all relationships will be like summer camp relationships - Quantico editions. At the end of training everyone moves on.
Old 11-07-15, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk God

http://deadline.com/2015/11/marcia-c...eb-1201611293/

Marcia Cross from Melrose Place/Desperate Housewives is joining the cast.

Also, episode order increased from 19 to 22
Old 11-08-15, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
The OC factor has really just led me to skip a lot of the episode. Feeling like I'm less inclined to continue given how the story is playing out.
same here. I never watched The OC, so my frame of reference was, "Melrose Place meets Criminal Minds".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.