Reload this Page >

The Simpsons (FOX) -- Season 27 and beyond thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-27-15, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

**SEASON PREMIERE**-- "THE SIMPSONS" - (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

HOMER AND MARGE HAVE A TRIAL SEPARATION ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, ON FOX

Lena Dunham, Allison Williams, Zosia Mamet, Jemima Kirke and Laura Ingraham Make Guest-Voice Appearances

Homer is diagnosed with narcolepsy, but instead of returning home with his prescription medication, he returns home drunk. He and Marge visit a marriage counselor and have a trial separation, during which Homer begins dating a 20-something in the all-new "Every Man's Dream" Season 27 premiere episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Sept. 27 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-2614) (TV-PG D, L, S, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse

Guest Voice Cast: Lena Dunham as Candace, Allison Williams as Friend #1, Zosia Mamet as Friend #2, Jemima Kirke as Friend #3 and Laura Ingraham as herself

The show is renewed through season 28.
Old 09-27-15, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts
The Simpsons (S27E1)- ""- 9/27/2015

Synopsis:

Season 27 begins with Homer being diagnosed as a narcoleptic, which sends him on a bender, after which he returns home drunk. This prompts a visit to a marriage counselor and results in a trial separation from Marge, during which Homer finds himself a 20-something companion.

Season 27, Episode 1
Old 09-27-15, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: The Simpsons (S27E1)- ""- 9/27/2015

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/628...9-27-15-a.html

Already made a thread
Old 09-27-15, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,095 Likes on 792 Posts
re: The Simpsons (FOX) -- Season 27 and beyond thread

Glad the show is back. I've missed complaining that it sucks and is no way as good as it used to be.
Old 09-27-15, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The Simpsons (S27E1)- ""- 9/27/2015

Ah I didn't see it. I've done them the last couple seasons and figured I'd keep on.
Old 09-27-15, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 415 Likes on 300 Posts

Since Fox decided to stop releasing dvds its really made it hard for me to keep up on the show. I only hope they change their minds at some point. Not everyone has cable or high speed internet access for streaming.
Old 09-27-15, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Since Fox decided to stop releasing dvds its really made it hard for me to keep up on the show. I only hope they change their minds at some point. Not everyone has cable or high speed internet access for streaming.
It comes into your home over the broadcast airwaves for free.
Old 09-27-15, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought the premiere was pretty solid. Of course the separation wasn't permanent but I liked how it kept throwing in twists until the end making us think it might be real. Not a big fan of Lena Dunham but I didn't mind her as the voice of Homer's "girlfriend" in this.
Old 09-27-15, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 478 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I thought the premiere was pretty solid. Of course the separation wasn't permanent but I liked how it kept throwing in twists until the end making us think it might be real. Not a big fan of Lena Dunham but I didn't mind her as the voice of Homer's "girlfriend" in this.
"Wasn't permanent"? It never actually happened.

I've been a big fan of the show the last two seasons, but I don't know what this episode was trying to do.
Old 09-27-15, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just meant as in it wasn't a permanent change to the series. The article from earlier in the year made it seem like it'd be a bigger deal but it really wasn't anything.

I viewed the episode as a what if kind of scenario and even though it wound up just being Marge having a dream (and Homer having a dream within her dream) I liked how it played out.
Old 09-28-15, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 478 Likes on 314 Posts

I viewed the episode as a what if kind of scenario and even though it wound up just being Marge having a dream (and Homer having a dream within her dream) I liked how it played out.
I think I would have liked it better if they did it as a pure "what if" episode and not used the convention of it being a dream sequence.

One of my favourite recent episodes was the one where they went to the alien planet, so I have no problem with them doing episodes in alternate realities.

And now that I think of it, didn't we already see Homer and Marge separated in one of "look into the future episodes"? The one Bender had a cameo in.
Old 09-28-15, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It wound up being Hannah from "Girls" having a dream about the TV show "The Simpsons"
Old 09-28-15, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
It wound up being Hannah from "Girls" having a dream about the TV show "The Simpsons"
Ah, that's why I didn't get that last scene. Never watched 'Girls'.

Other than that I laughed a bunch of times - but then again I'm still a fan of the show.
Old 09-28-15, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wasn't really sure if the whole episode being Hannah's dream was just a throw away joke to reference Girls since Lena Dunham was a guest voice or if it was actually her dream the entire time.
Old 09-28-15, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Fox doesn't release DVDs/Blus for the Simpsons anymore? Wow.
Old 09-28-15, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It was just announced earlier this year that they would stop releasing the seasons. The last season that came out was the seventeenth back in December of last year.
Old 09-28-15, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll preface this by saying I haven't been a fan for years. Tuned it out of curiosity.

Holy hell that was awful. Tripe. Santorum.
Old 09-28-15, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranger
Fox doesn't release DVDs/Blus for the Simpsons anymore? Wow.
In Fox's infinite wisdom hoping to push diehard fans into their Simpsons streaming app, they have stopped releasing new DVDs and BDs.

The episode was okay, I didn't really mind the fantasy dream scenario. I was surprised they didn't even hint that Moe would go after Marge with Homer out of the picture, but I guess that would distract from this being a Homer episode.

I happened to watch Dancin' Homer (season two) earlier in the day. Those early seasons just had so much more heart in them before the Simpsons writers decided it would be a non-stop, soulless parade of jokes and witty lines.
Old 09-28-15, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I happened to watch Dancin' Homer (season two) earlier in the day. Those early seasons just had so much more heart in them before the Simpsons writers decided it would be a non-stop, soulless parade of jokes and witty lines.
Old 09-28-15, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

It was just announced earlier this year that they would stop releasing the seasons. The last season that came out was the seventeenth back in December of last year.
It's too bad they couldn't at least release 18 and 19 to close the gap with 20, so at least the first 20 seasons would be released. Seems like a more logical stopping point.
Old 09-28-15, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Was it an interesting moment if you were one of the 400,000 people who watch "Girls"? I had no clue what it was supposed to mean.
Old 09-28-15, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
It's too bad they couldn't at least release 18 and 19 to close the gap with 20, so at least the first 20 seasons would be released. Seems like a more logical stopping point.
Its too bad that they stopped releasing them at all. I think the only reason they stopped was to push their streaming service (The Simpsons World). Supposedly the sets were still selling decently enough (according to an article that TVShowsonDVD put out a while back). As a fan who's collected them all I'm still rather pissed about the situation.
Old 09-28-15, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the callback to the episode in the 3rd season when Mr. Burns sold the plant to the Germans. On the wall which showed "Owner of the Month" plaques, one of the plaques has a picture of the 2 German guys instead of Mr. Burns.
Old 09-28-15, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Was it an interesting moment if you were one of the 400,000 people who watch "Girls"? I had no clue what it was supposed to mean.
Just made the whole episode even stupider.

As soon as they showed that Homer slept with the hipster pharmacist (who was half his age?) the story passed the point of no return for me.
They probably needed to bury such an incredible moment in Marge and Homer's marriage beneath five layers of "It was just a dream" but that leaves such a bad taste in my mouth regarding the current creative team's respect for the relationship that has always had a bond of love and trust at its core.
Old 09-28-15, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Its too bad that they stopped releasing them at all. I think the only reason they stopped was to push their streaming service (The Simpsons World). Supposedly the sets were still selling decently enough (according to an article that TVShowsonDVD put out a while back). As a fan who's collected them all I'm still rather pissed about the situation.
Mike86, I'm still pissed about the whole decision.
Here is the link to the article that Mike is referring about:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sim...examined/21379

I didn't really care about the season opener. I'm not a fan of Girls since I don't watch it so I didn't get the special nod.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.