Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Shark Tank (ABC) -- Series Thread Part III

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-17, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Shark Tank (ABC) -- Series Thread Part III

I enjoyed the Cuban/Sacca throwdown at the end even if the commercials pretty much gave away the best parts. I understood where both guys were coming from and neither one were willing to give an inch whatsoever. Sacca definitely gave a "I'm above all of you" vibe during that presentation.

Wow, and that 10 year-old projecting his business to be worth a million dollars and all of them just laughing in his face...
Old 03-11-17, 06:53 AM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Was that a repeat last night? My DVR didn't record it.
Old 03-11-17, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Yes a repeat
Old 03-11-17, 08:07 AM

Received 1,915 Likes on 1,129 Posts

I noticed this on a restaurant TV in the 6:00pm hour on a Wednesday. It never occurred to me this would be in syndication, but it makes sense.
Old 03-11-17, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk God

It has been on CNBC in reruns. Maybe more now
Old 04-15-17, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, now that I've double checked and made sure tonight was a new episode...

LOVED Cuban caling Sacca out on his Uber obsession. Just EVERYTHING is Uber with this guy...

M: I'm pretty sure if you're going to go to the mall, you're driving yourself, you're not taking an Uber.
C: There is a HIGH probability if you go to the mall, you're taking an Uber.
M: Oh, that's why the mall parking lots are so empty...
Old 04-15-17, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by sydonesia

LOVED Cuban caling Sacca out on his Uber obsession. Just EVERYTHING is Uber with this guy...

M: I'm pretty sure if you're going to go to the mall, you're driving yourself, you're not taking an Uber.
That was great. Can't stand Sacca.
Old 04-15-17, 02:17 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by sydonesia

Not only that, the pitch guys even said themselves that only 5% of people going to the mall use livery services. Mark rolled his eyes when Sacca totally ignored that.
Old 10-01-17, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Season 9 premieres tonight.

And Sundays is this show's new night.

2 hour premiere tonight

SEASON PREMIERE

'SHARK TANK,' THE GROUND-BREAKING AND MULTI-EMMY AWARD-WINNING SERIES THAT BOTH ENTERTAINS AND INSPIRES, RETURNS ON A NEW NIGHT FOR SEASON NINE WITH TWO EPISODES ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1

New Sharks Featured in the Tank Premiere Night Are Sir Richard Branson, Iconic Philanthropist and Billionaire Founder of the Virgin Group, and Rohan Oza, Branding Expert and Prolific Investor in Knockout Hits Vitaminwater, Smartwater, and Bai

"Shark Tank," the critically acclaimed reality show that recently won its fourth consecutive Emmy and revolutionized entrepreneurship in America, is back for a ninth season with the Sharks continuing the search to invest in the best ideas, businesses and products that America has to offer. The two-hour season premiere is on a new night, SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EDT). The show will air in its regular time period beginning Sunday, October 8 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EDT).

"Episode 903" - Things get fiery in the Tank when Sir Richard Branson vents his frustration with Mark Cuban in a shocking, never-before-seen way. An 11-year-old inventor, skater and surfer from San Clemente, California, solved a problem he had by recycling a skateboard deck to fit inside lockers and backpacks; an entrepreneur from Meridianville, Alabama, is revolutionizing aerial sports with his exhilarating human flight experience; a husband and wife team from Vicksburg, Mississippi, have literally elevated the camping experience with their outdoor camping gear; and an entrepreneur from San Francisco, California, claims her five-minute meditation app will help the world reduce stress, improve focus and sleep better.

Adventurer, entrepreneur and philanthropist Sir Richard Branson is featured in a profile highlighting how he made a career out of breaking tradition. Founder of the Virgin Group, Sir Richard has created more than 400 companies spanning travel, financial services, telecom, health & wellness, and more recently, space travel.

The Sharks in this episode are Mark Cuban, Daymond John, Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec and Sir Richard Branson.

"Episode 904" - Entrepreneurs from Park City, Utah, and Burbank, California, have the ultimate survival kits to help get through the first 72 hours of an emergency; parents from Crested Butte, Colorado, were inspired by their son's rare illness to create a thriving business that is disrupting the snack chip industry; an entrepreneur from Cary, North Carolina, has a unique way to engage kids with a wireless microphone that you can throw; and a recent college graduate from Hamilton, New York, designed an app that takes the guesswork and turbulence out of navigating big airports.

Also, a profile on serial investor Rohan Oza, dubbed "Hollywood's Brandfather" by the Hollywood Reporter and the mastermind behind some of the most iconic brands in the consumer space today. Born and raised in Zambia and of Indian descent, the profile highlights his humble but proud road to entrepreneurial success.

The Sharks in this episode are Mark Cuban, Barbara Corcoran, Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec and Rohan Oza.

Mark Burnett, Clay Newbill, Yun Lingner and Phil Gurin are the executive producers of "Shark Tank," which is based on the Japanese "Dragons' Den" format, created by NIPPON TV. The series is produced by MGM Television in association with Sony Pictures Television.
Old 10-03-17, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I wasn't particularly impressed by the season debut, the products were underbaked. Richard Branson was throwing money at everything and then threw water at Mark Cuban, who has now been elevated to be the show's main focus. That other new shark Rohan seemed very impressive.

I'm pretty sure that Branson stunt was planned on some level in advance.
Old 11-06-17, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

I finally got around to watching the season debut yesterday. I was fully expecting Cuban to clock Branson after the glass of water to the face. He was not amused, nor would I have been. Disagreement of not, that's assault, and Cuban would not have been begrudged a quick backhand to Branson's face. Branson is perhaps one of the more likable, agreeable, and quirky billionaires around, but that was ill-advised.
Old 11-07-17, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They are apparently airing this season out of production order if my TIVO episode guide can be trusted. We've already gotten two A-Rod episodes.

Mr. Wonderful seems a little more active bidding this season.
Old 11-07-17, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

O'Leary has always been active, but many deal-aspirants have avoided him because of, firstly, his assholish personality, and secondly, his one-sided offers.
I think he has somewhat toned down his jerkwadness. I should mention to our American friends that O'Leary dropped out of the leadership race for the Conservative Party of Canada earlier this year. He was seen as the Trumpian candidate, but was doing surprisingly well in the polls (or is it surprising?). He says he dropped out because his facility with French was insufficient, but whatever the reason, most of the country is glad he has slithered back to his reality-show perch.
Old 11-07-17, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 349 Likes on 268 Posts

The tea business was awful (from the first hour of the 11-5-17 episode). As the Sharks were aware, it was just a branding business. There was nothing special about her tea. She just slapped a juvenile name on the package. Tea drinkers, like myself, actually prefer more established brands - especially the English and Japanese brands that have been around for over 100 years. My favorite, Yamamotoyama, was founded in 1690. Yes, 1690!

Real tea drinkers don't even drink Lipton tea, so I can't imagine anyone buying her tea.

Last edited by MLBFan24; 11-07-17 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-05-17, 01:33 AM
Banned

The Shark Tank producers are missing a step. How did they let the guy selling the "Rock Block" on as an original idea? These "portable" record players have been around for almost as long as vinyl has been available. If Kevin was such a "connoisseur" he would have known this. Robert is an idiot.
Old 12-05-17, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Eric F

The Shark Tank producers are missing a step. How did they let the guy selling the "Rock Block" on as an original idea? These "portable" record players have been around for almost as long as vinyl has been available. If Kevin was such a "connoisseur" he would have known this. Robert is an idiot.
I'm pretty sure these deals go through "discovery" after the show to verify the numbers and claims of the people pitching the ideas. Maybe this one will be killed because of the issue you bring up.
Old 12-05-17, 09:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by blairwitchfan
I'm pretty sure these deals go through "discovery" after the show to verify the numbers and claims of the people pitching the ideas. Maybe this one will be killed because of the issue you bring up.
I was wondering about this. So the panel goes in blind without knowing even a little something about the product they're seeing? Seems counter intuitive.
Old 12-05-17, 09:31 AM

I was wondering about this. So the panel goes in blind without knowing even a little something about the product they're seeing? Seems counter intuitive.
yeah the pitches are blind but there's due diligence afterwards so the investors can verify the numbers that the pitchers cite. I forge the % but it's a pretty substantial # of them that get quashed.
Old 12-05-17, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

A certain percentage of the Shark deals fall through after airing. Basically any misrepresentation of the business or market conditions by the seller gives the Sharks the right to back out.

I think some of the better funded small companies are now avoiding the Shark Tank. Some of the deals cut don't make much financial sense for the sellers.
Old 12-07-18, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have started to catch up on the new season, and I think Charles Barkley is by far the best guest panelist the show has had. I didn't know much about Barkley other than his existence as a basketball player, but he seems like a genuinely nice, decent guy, and his presence brings a much-needed human, down-to-earth element to the show.
Old 12-07-18, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The show has become too predictable because all too often certain business types only ever want to work with Cuban or Lori. And everyone knows that Mr. Wonderful only goes after deals that benefit his bottom line or are going to be wildly profitable, so the businesses only use his offers as a last resort.
Old 12-07-18, 12:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
The show has become too predictable because all too often certain business types only ever want to work with Cuban or Lori. And everyone knows that Mr. Wonderful only goes after deals that benefit his bottom line or are going to be wildly profitable, so the businesses only use his offers as a last resort.
Isn't Cuban richer than all the Sharks combined?
Old 12-07-18, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume
I have started to catch up on the new season, and I think Charles Barkley is by far the best guest panelist the show has had. I didn't know much about Barkley other than his existence as a basketball player, but he seems like a genuinely nice, decent guy, and his presence brings a much-needed human, down-to-earth element to the show.
He was great. ARod also comes off well on the show. Better than he ever did as a baseball player.
Old 12-07-18, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume
O'Leary has always been active, but many deal-aspirants have avoided him because of, firstly, his assholish personality, and secondly, his one-sided offers.
I think he has somewhat toned down his jerkwadness.
I read his autobiography book. He seems to be a rather unpleasant angry guy at heart.
Old 12-07-18, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Isn't Cuban richer than all the Sharks combined?
By far, yes.

I sort of remember reading that he his net worth was multiples of all the other sharks combined.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.