DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Shark Tank (ABC) -- Series Thread Part III (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/628790-shark-tank-abc-series-thread-part-iii.html)

MLBFan24 09-26-22 10:58 AM

Re: Shark Tank (ABC) -- Series Thread Part III

The only thing they did right with the Live episode - made it feel like a real infomercial :lol:

Troy Stiffler 09-26-22 11:00 AM

Haha. Lots of hate. It was pretty bad and I'm not surprised by the responses.

It was fun to see something new. But it isn't meant to be live. Once was enough.

Was the actual broadcast live? Or just taped with live audience? If so, they really had to change things, as the normal pitches last 45-or-so minutes.

GuessWho 09-26-22 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler (Post 14168909)
Was the actual broadcast live?

With the underwear and baby booger polling during commercial breaks, we should assume it was live.

Shannon Nutt 09-28-22 04:30 PM

Yeah, that was a clusterf**k. Sharks talking over top of one another, the audience chanting, the people being rushed to make a deal. My guess is they brought in three products whose sales numbers were good enough that they knew the sharks would make a deal with them...they didn't want their "stars" being booed out by the audience.

MLBFan24 01-14-23 11:35 PM

Just saw the “Cabinet” reusable glass medicine bottle.

I don’t understand how they can refill the glass bottle with (different?) medicine each time, but the pill instructions aren’t on the bottle. Yes, I see the paper boxes or packages, but once the outer packaging and glass bottle are separated, the consumer might mix up the medicine - which is dangerous.

PhantomStranger 01-15-23 01:21 PM

I hadn't watched Shark Tank for five years and Gwyneth Paltrow's guest appearance as a new Shark got me for one episode. I didn't see anything in the episode which would draw me back. It's the same tired formula they ran into the ground around 7-8 years ago. Felt like everything was on auto-pilot. They badly need to change the entire Shark line-up at once or do a spin-off with different people.

William Fuld 01-28-23 04:10 AM

I can't remember the last time there was a product on this show that I'd be the least bit interested in buying.

TGM 01-28-23 08:25 AM

this show needs more gadgets and less food items and idiotic useless services.

bluetoast 01-28-23 10:29 AM

It's funny how Mark is always the first to call out snake oil pitches but has no problems with Gwyneth Paltrow joining as a shark.

Deftones 01-28-23 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 14226617)
It's funny how Mark is always the first to call out snake oil pitches but has no problems with Gwyneth Paltrow joining as a shark.

Wait, you mean to tell me vagina stones are not scientifically proven to do anything?

clckworang 01-28-23 12:49 PM

The product to help dispose of cooking oil was a good one. I work at a utility, and fats, oils and grease getting dumped down the drain can be a really big problem, especially during the holidays. Actually, that lady should work closely with utilities. It could make a good promotional giveaway.

Red Dog 01-28-23 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang (Post 14226686)
The product to help dispose of cooking oil was a good one. I work at a utility, and fats, oils and grease getting dumped down the drain can be a really big problem, especially during the holidays. Actually, that lady should work closely with utilities. It could make a good promotional giveaway.

It looked good, but I air fry everything now if I am frying.

And I tend to think folks who are deep frying a lot probably don't care much about waste.

MLBFan24 04-01-23 10:36 PM

Episode 14.18 - The Ice Cream Canteen

ohhh, that’s something I might end up buying one day. But not at the $44.99 price point for the small size (I assume there are multiple sizes).

I wouldn’t necessarily bring it on trips, but I can see it useful at birthday parties where I’m serving ice cream. Instead of serving ice cream and asking if anyone wants anymore before I put it back in the freezer, I can see this product being helpful with keeping the ice cream at the dessert table. Because once I put it back in the fridge, guests don’t bother getting more ice cream. Everyone forgets about it.

Noonan 11-28-23 12:08 PM

Mark Cuban is leaving the show after 16 seasons.

GuessWho 11-28-23 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 14355992)
Mark Cuban is leaving the show after 16 seasons.

Season 15 just began so he won't be gone until the season 16 ends in spring of 2025. There's still many many times to hear him say "for those reasons, I'm out."

Noonan 11-28-23 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho (Post 14355999)
Season 15 just began so he won't be gone until the season 16 ends in spring of 2025. There's still many many times to hear him say "for those reasons, I'm out."

I hope they specifically bring on at least one more wellness product that he can immediately call a fraud and be out before the pitch even begins.

stingermck 11-28-23 12:41 PM

I didnt know this was still on :lol: I watched a lot of the first few seasons.

PhantomStranger 11-28-23 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by stingermck (Post 14356008)
I didnt know this was still on :lol: I watched a lot of the first few seasons.

I was an avid viewer for the first 7? seasons and haven't seen more than two episodes since.

Decker 11-28-23 06:41 PM

Mark's best ROI wasn't on Shark Tank :

bluetoast 11-29-23 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 14356000)
I hope they specifically bring on at least one more wellness product that he can immediately call a fraud and be out before the pitch even begins.

Yet he has no problem sitting next to Gwyneth Paltrow who sells tons of that stuff.

Noonan 11-29-23 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 14356274)
Yet he has no problem sitting next to Gwyneth Paltrow who sells tons of that stuff.

If I had to guess, I'd assume Cuban despises her and everything she does that isn't acting related.

MLBFan24 12-13-23 10:18 PM

The Pick Up Bricks toy vac to pick up LEGOs was unnecessary.

Pour LEGOs onto a blanket, so it can easily be transferred back into the storage container. I taught my friend’s daughter that, and I was informed a few months later, she (daughter) taught her friend the same trick while playing together. My greatest lesson I’ve given to a child :lol:

GuessWho 12-14-23 09:31 AM

I am not the market for a $100 Lego vacuum either.

My kids pour Lego pieces into a dollar store cookie sheet or serving platter (bonus if it has sections).

MLBFan24 03-17-24 09:06 PM

Season 15, Episode 18:

Nourish+Bloom Market - fresh food, eradicating food deserts.

I didn’t understand this company. According to the pitch, people live 1 to 5 miles away from fresh food options, so they created this company. Ok?

Go to the grocery store. Done.

The main guy said his option was to go to the corner convenience store when he was younger and buy junk food. Well, don’t go there. Go to the grocery store!

TheAllPurposeNothing 03-18-24 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by MLBFan24 (Post 14401765)
Season 15, Episode 18:

Nourish+Bloom Market - fresh food, eradicating food deserts.

I didn’t understand this company. According to the pitch, people live 1 to 5 miles away from fresh food options, so they created this company. Ok?

Go to the grocery store. Done.

The main guy said his option was to go to the corner convenience store when he was younger and buy junk food. Well, don’t go there. Go to the grocery store!

That's working on the assumption that people have easy transportation to the nearest grocery store. In a lot of cases, food deserts are located in redlined areas of cities where most residents don't have cars and where public transportation is a scarce resource. So 1 to 5 miles can be a very long haul for a gallon of milk or a couple of bags of groceries.