Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fear the Walking Dead (S1E03) -- "The Dog" -- 9/13/15

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-15, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S1E03) -- "The Dog" -- 9/13/15

Of course we must kill the dog. Let's alienate our TV audience even more.
Actually, the dog got off lucky and doesn't have to appear anymore in this awful show. Best thing they can do is have this family meet another family that is way cooler and a more interesting group and then kill off the the first clan. Actuallly, having a new family or group every season might be more interesting than hanging around with the current crowd.
Old 09-14-15, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I though this episode was great. The riot scene was intense, driving by the hospital while the swat team was shooting up Zombies was pretty cool. I had an eerie feeling when they were driving home and the power went out all over the entire city.

I was waiting for the airplane flying over head to crash. It made some weird turns, but not sure if it actually crashed.
Old 09-14-15, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pizza
But they gain kvrdave as a fan, so there is that.
Old 09-14-15, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

anyone else having serious issues recording this with directv? didn't pick it up last night. i have a season pass set, but it's not recording at all. i am having to record them manually now, despite having a season pass.
Old 09-14-15, 05:07 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts

i think i'm bailing. barely got through the first ep. and i just don't have time for shows i am only mildly interested in nowadays...
Old 09-14-15, 05:29 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by windom
So they don't have any battery powered radios to maybe hear what's going on in the world?
See as how there is a blackout, wouldn't the radio transmitters also be affected?
Old 09-14-15, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Celtic Esquire
See as how there is a blackout, wouldn't the radio transmitters also be affected?
Is power out everywhere or just in certain areas? I'm pretty sure that radio stations are gonna have some form of back up generators...not sure how long they would last though. They should be able to pick up far away AM radio stations at least.
Old 09-14-15, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
i think i'm bailing. barely got through the first ep. and i just don't have time for shows i am only mildly interested in nowadays...
So what are you going to do when there is a crossover episode with The Walking Dead then?
Old 09-14-15, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Pizza
Actually, the dog got off lucky and doesn't have to appear anymore in this awful show. Best thing they can do is have this family meet another family that is way cooler and a more interesting group and then kill off the the first clan. Actuallly, having a new family or group every season might be more interesting than hanging around with the current crowd.
Yep, I'm going to have to be quick with the remote and skip forward a minute for the wife at that point.
Old 09-14-15, 07:30 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
So what are you going to do when there is a crossover episode with The Walking Dead then?
i'm not worried...
Old 09-14-15, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

And one more thing, given all the time they spent lazing around the house playing board games and such, couldn't druggie son take a minute to change out of the dead old geezer's clothes he's been wearing since he left the hospital? Maybe he likes the old man smell of those high waisted slacks.
Old 09-14-15, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

How long can this show go before it turns into the Walking Dead Part two?

Still think they should hop around, no one really seems to care about this family they want to focus on.
Old 09-14-15, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

I had a laugh at the timing of the scene when Travis got home.
It took forever for Maddy and the kids to get back from the neighbours house to their own - but to make it even more absurd, Alisha backtracked and made it back to the neighbours house all the while Maddy still hadn't stepped foot inside her house.

I didn't hate this episode as much as others, but I have to agree that centring this around a family dynamic makes it boring. If they're going to drag this out, at least give us more/better characters to keep it more interesting.
Old 09-14-15, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Didn't quite understand what happened with the plane. You see it appear to be ascending. then something happened where it made some strange moves. Then they don't show it again. Not sure how a zombie breakout could occur on the plane.

The plane likely wouldn't be allowed to take off if any passengers were acting unusal. So everyone should have been alive during takeoff. even if someone died during take off, they would have need to turn real quick into a walker to cause any kind of disturbance on the plane.

Even if there was a zombie passenger(s) amond the passengers, they wouldn't be able to get through the doors to the cockpit and the pilots wouldn't likely be opening them during the first minute of takeoff.
Old 09-15-15, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Basically a zombie gets lose, bites someone else and then.. no, yeah. no. A zombie out break can't really happen in ample amount of time on a plane. And they're really shoe hornning the shit out of that web series/TWD ad break content of zombies on a plane to introduce another character to this show.

What they really need to do is just jump to other people. Focus an episode on some new protagonist and then eventually have all these folks meet up. These people are fucking boring!
Old 09-15-15, 05:31 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

best episode yet. still complete shit, but...
Old 09-15-15, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Anyone else really annoyed by the flashlight they kept pointing right at us? I had the lights off while watching it, so it was about as bad as someone really pointing a flashlight at my face.
And I had the same thoughts as Coral about how they took minutes to get out of the neighbors yard and then the girl ran back into neighbor's house in seconds.
I wasn't too impressed with the first episode, then the second episode picked up, now this one was 50/50. I'll probably give it till the end of the season, but I'm not feeling too good about this so far.
Old 09-15-15, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

If it was a long flight, I can see a zombie outbreak happening on a plane. Someone dies, and then turns... bites a couple people, they turn, etc. And through that whole thing a flight attendant who was trying to help got bit and is taken to the cockpit for safety - she dies there and then turns there and attacks the pilots. The pilots maybe don't have an airport cleared for an emergency landing because there's chaos there as well, leaving them in the air for longer than they'd like. This is all under the assumption it doesn't take an extremely long time for the dead to turn - because I'm sure if it takes longer this early on.
Old 09-15-15, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still enjoying it as a whole, but it is becoming a chore given I can't stand any of the characters. At this point in the original I at least liked the Glenn character.
Old 09-15-15, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Boy, all these complaints on a 6 episode season and some people actually bailing when the season is half over.

I can't wait to read the complaints when this gets bumped up to 15 episodes next summer. Should be a doozy.
Old 09-15-15, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

I thought the ep was pretty damn good.
Old 09-15-15, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by movieguru
Didn't quite understand what happened with the plane. You see it appear to be ascending. then something happened where it made some strange moves. Then they don't show it again. Not sure how a zombie breakout could occur on the plane.

The plane likely wouldn't be allowed to take off if any passengers were acting unusal. So everyone should have been alive during takeoff. even if someone died during take off, they would have need to turn real quick into a walker to cause any kind of disturbance on the plane.

Even if there was a zombie passenger(s) amond the passengers, they wouldn't be able to get through the doors to the cockpit and the pilots wouldn't likely be opening them during the first minute of takeoff.
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Basically a zombie gets lose, bites someone else and then.. no, yeah. no. A zombie out break can't really happen in ample amount of time on a plane. And they're really shoe hornning the shit out of that web series/TWD ad break content of zombies on a plane to introduce another character to this show.
The obvious thing is that one of the pilots was infected before they took off.
Old 09-15-15, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Boy, all these complaints on a 6 episode season and some people actually bailing when the season is half over.
The 6-episode first season of THE WALKING DEAD spoiled us. It doesn't help that the actors here have the most monotone line deliveries. Ruben Blades acts like he thinks they're still rehearsing.
Old 09-16-15, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I fast forwarded through most of the episode and dont feel like I really missed anything.

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
The 6-episode first season of THE WALKING DEAD spoiled us. It doesn't help that the actors here have the most monotone line deliveries. Ruben Blades acts like he thinks they're still rehearsing.
The whole cast is pretty bad but I think the dad is the worst. He constatly looks/acts like he just woke up from a 14 hour nap and doesnt really know where he is or whats going on.
Old 09-16-15, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Man...these people are in shock. They have never heard of or seen Walking Dead. I can accept that the reactions vary from fuckin' clueless...even after seeing some things to Yeah, i saw some people going crazy and military take over type shit like this go down in my home country....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.