The 2000's A New Reality Rob Lowe NGC Series

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 07-14-15, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

Anybody watching?

I think this might be the shortest of all the decade series they have done with only 2 episodes for 2 hours each.

What surprised me they talked about 9/11 but they showed almost none of the iconic images like the planes crashing into the towers or the destruction on Ground Zero and the speech Bush gave on Ground Zero.

I know some people don't have a fondness for the 2000's compared to the 80's and 90's but maybe when the people that were kids in this era become adults this will be their favorite era of nostalgia.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0zOeEYemZso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-14-15, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Re: The 2000's A New Reality Rob Lowe NGC Series

Too soon for this decade. The 80's was the best for the VH1 show because that was done in 2003, so you had a good 13 years since the decade was over, so there was alot of stuff that you just totally forgot about. Plus you get a better perspective on things the longer they have passed.

Most of the 2000's stuff is still fresh in my mind, and they probably should have waited a til the next decade to have a special like this.
Old 07-14-15, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That might be true but there is some distance for events like 9/11 and Napster where you can look back.
Old 07-15-15, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

I enjoy watching these kinds of shows. I'd say the 90s were my favorite episodes, but probably because that's the decade I was a teenager.

The 2000s were very... surreal. There was so much shit going on, but at the same time so much new and great things happening. Technology really went through the roof in that decade with the Internet becoming completely mainstream. It feels like 2 separate worlds, as I vividly remember being scared of what attacks might be next, but at the same time enjoying the new Internet age and the fun movies that were coming out (They didn't even mention Spider-Man, which had to alter its ad campaign).

I wish this had been more than 2 eps, since so much is taken up (rightly so) by terrorism and war.

Ways of life were truly changed forever by events and inventions of the early 2000s.
Old 07-16-15, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought it was entertaining and glad they did not have a big segment on American Idol though I was bored when they talked about Survivor for 10 minutes.

Still surprising they showed none of the iconic images of 9/11 with the planes crashing unless they decided it was too much or a editorial decision.