DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Zoo (CBS) -- based on James Patterson novel -- Series Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/627502-zoo-cbs-based-james-patterson-novel-series-thread.html)

dex14 06-30-15 09:18 AM

Zoo (CBS) -- based on James Patterson novel -- Series Thread

http://cdn.seriable.com/wp-content/u...7817223884.jpg

JAMES WOLK, KRISTEN CONNOLLY, BILLY BURKE, NONSO ANOZIE AND NORA ARNEZEDER STAR IN "ZOO," A NEW DRAMA SERIES BASED ON JAMES PATTERSON'S #1 BESTSELLING NOVEL, PREMIERING TUESDAY, JUNE 30

"First Blood" - Jackson Oz, an American ex-pat safari guide living in Africa, discovers a link between strange animal attacks on people occurring around the world and his late father's controversial theories about an impending threat to the human race. Meanwhile, journalist Jamie Campbell and veterinary pathologist Mitch Morgan team up to investigate similar abnormal animal behavior in Los Angeles, on the summer series premiere of ZOO, Tuesday, June 30 (9:00-10:00PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

ZOO, based on the #1 bestselling novel by James Patterson, is a global thriller about a wave of violent animal attacks against humans sweeping the planet. Jackson Oz is a young renegade American zoologist who spends his days running safaris in the wilds of Africa with his best friend Abraham, who has a deep understanding of wildlife. Shortly after the attacks begin, Oz begins to see a link between the strange animal attacks and his late father's controversial theories about impending threats to the human race. In Los Angeles, news reporter Jamie Campbell is intent on being the first to break the story behind the mysterious animal behavior, and seeks the expertise of Mitch Morgan, an off-kilter veterinarian, who prefers the company of animals over people. Nora Arnezeder stars as Chloe Tousignant, a French investigator Oz meets in Africa. As the assaults occurring worldwide become more cunning, coordinated and ferocious, Oz and the others are thrust into the race to unlock the mystery of the pandemic before there's no place left for people to hide.

REGULAR CAST:

James Wolk (Jackson Oz)
Kristen Connolly (Jamie Campbell)
Billy Burke (Mitch Morgan)
Nonso Anozie (Abraham Kenyatta)
Nora Arnezeder (Chloe Tousignant)

GUEST CAST:

Ken Olin (Professor Robert Oz)
Reid Scott (Ethan Boyd)
Tamara Tunie (Brenda Montgomery)
Wayne Pere (Lawrence Fremer)
Brian Tee (Philip Weber)
Isaac White (Daniel)
Shane Jacobsen (Rudy)
Brandon Scott Stacy (Blaine)
Philip Fornah (Guide)
Garrett Kruithof (Australian Dude)
Victor Ramsey (Kenyan Policeman)
Jay S. Potter (Newscaster)
Stella Allen (Fremer's Daughter)
Henri Lubatti (Gaspard Alves)

WRITTEN BY: Executive Producers Josh Appelbaum, André Nemec, Jeff Pinkner and Scott Rosenberg

DIRECTED BY: Brad Anderson

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3pkJo_0Vv8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
13 episode season

RichC2 06-30-15 09:25 AM

re: Zoo (CBS) -- based on James Patterson novel -- Series Thread

I keep reading that this is pretty fun in a super campy sort of way. Looks like a mix of White God and ROAR.

OldDude 06-30-15 11:43 AM

This sounds great, but by the end, I'll probably feel as used as I did after wasting time on Under The Dome and Extant.

DJariya 06-30-15 05:03 PM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ix-deal-717356

The post I made earlier today was wrong. So I deleted it.

Netflix actually purchased the streaming rights. They will post the show when it finishes airing on CBS.

Jadzia 06-30-15 09:33 PM

I thought it would be more campy fun, but it was kind of dull. Seeing lions chase people didn't seem too out of the ordinary. And the big shocking ending scene was a bunch of kitty cats in a tree?

Outside of Billy Burke, I didn't find any of the characters to be very interesting either.

I'll probably give it another episode or two, but this one seems pretty DOA.

Xiroteus 06-30-15 11:47 PM

I may be curious if it is JUST the thirteen episodes and tells a complete story like I thought Under The Dome should have been. If this is designed to have several seasons I'm not sure it is something I want to mess with. I really like the idea of stories longer then a movie yet shorter then a tv series yet they just don't want to do that very often.

PhantomStranger 07-01-15 12:32 AM

The "defiant pupil" thing had me laughing out loud. It was worth seeing the pilot if only for the tree full of cats. One of my elderly neighbors has seven cats that roam outside. I will have to be on the lookout if they are plotting together to overthrow the neighborhood. I think they meet in a sewer.

I am definitely getting an Under the Dome vibe from this show. We can only hope, I will have to keep an eye on its progress.

TerryW 07-01-15 05:07 AM

Horrible.

Let's see. Running from lions, someone falls and has to be helped up then the car won't start then the car fails.

Falling off a cliff and tumbling down sharp rocks to the bottom and NO INJURIES. Okay. At the very least they should have some broken bones and facial contusions.

Guy they think is dead ends up NOT DEAD. What a shocker.

Show should be called Cliché.

Going to watch Roar, Day of the Animals and Wild Beasts.

Strapped4Cash 07-01-15 05:13 AM

I guess it counts as mindless summer fun. Definitely not as bad as Under The Dome, but it's early still. I'll probably give it one more ep., but I really should be catching up on stuff that I am actually interested in.

Josh-da-man 07-01-15 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash (Post 12523983)
I guess it counts as mindless summer fun. Definitely not as bad as Under The Dome, but it's early still. I'll probably give it one more ep., but I really should be catching up on stuff that I am actually interested in.

Zoo has the potential to be corny as hell. I could see it going all Under the Dome in fairly short order.

PhantomStranger 07-01-15 07:19 PM

I am praying that the animals eventually speak or develop mental telepathy powers. I promise to buy it on Blu-ray if that happens.

blairwitchfan 07-08-15 01:24 PM

anyone still watching? Episode 2 was just as bad, but I'm semi-hate watching it for the duration. The couple with the adopted kid, they were just introduced in this episode, right? I was rooting for the tiger to kill the annoying kid.

Jadzia 07-08-15 02:02 PM

I am totally hate-watching the shit out of this. It is hilarious.

I laughed when the ominous cats in the tree all ran home to their owners and that one cat jumped on the bed, stared at the little girl, but then just started purring loudly.

They also did a funny fake-out with the tigers by having the dogs being evil killers instead.

PhantomStranger 07-08-15 02:49 PM

I will love this show if we get talking monkeys. I want to hear the voice of a man speaking in a high-backed office chair. It slowly spins around to reveal it was a chimp speaking.

This show is hilariously bad, I love it almost as much as Under the Dome.

TerryW 07-08-15 04:03 PM

I'm waiting for the talking gremlin from Gremlins 2 (voiced by Tony Randall) to show up to gather the troops. :lol:

Billy Burke is hilarious (they act all lion-y). He's playing the same character from Revolution - himself.

This is Manimal good/bad.

blairwitchfan 07-08-15 05:21 PM

Lions and Tigers get all the hoopla, but they really need birds and bugs to win this war. Birds can bring down planes and insects can spread disease. I for one respect our new animal overlords.

Original Desmond 07-09-15 11:29 AM

The problem with shows like this is that aren't willing to pull the trigger

I want to see a man get his skull pecked in by an emu

I want to see a fat black woman get sodomised by an ape

i want to see rats bite a man's dick off

that's pulling the frackin trigger :)

movieking 07-09-15 01:35 PM

The book was awful, as are all of Patterson's books that he farms out now, so since it's based on crap, that's what I expected, and lo and behold, that's what it is!

leeta 07-09-15 10:59 PM

I agree with PhantomStranger, this show has all the ingredients to be the next Under the Dome.

Craziness abounds. It's fun just watching the actors say these ridiculous lines and try to keep a straight face.

They had me with all the cats in the tree waiting to attack the little school kids (because they knew school started the next day!)... and of course they understand everything you say...the kitties got outta town when the reporter called for help... they knew..."let's run off and make the human look bad!"

TerryW 07-10-15 03:36 AM

They shoulda had some of the cats wearing tiny librarian glasses, you know, because they're smart now.

http://cdn.hellogiggles.com/wp-conte...glasses-16.jpg

PhantomStranger 07-10-15 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by leeta (Post 12531583)
I agree with PhantomStranger, this show has all the ingredients to be the next Under the Dome.

Craziness abounds. It's fun just watching the actors say these ridiculous lines and try to keep a straight face.

The actor from Revolution says all of his lines with a knowing smirk.:lol: These shows can become transcendent when one actor is playing it straight and the other plays the scene for laughs.

Eric F 07-16-15 06:44 PM

Holy shit! Now we have sociopaths talking to wolves (or is it vice-versa?). I don't know what the fuck is going on.rotfl

Koby 07-16-15 07:26 PM

Nothing much has happened thus far. Really hoping this 13 episode season is the full series and that they don't turn it into multiple seasons.

mdc3000 07-21-15 09:52 AM

I am loving this so far - it is so blissfully awful yet fun. It's like everyone, even the writers, know that this is shit but are having fun dishing it out.

PhantomStranger 07-21-15 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Koby (Post 12538446)
Nothing much has happened thus far. Really hoping this 13 episode season is the full series and that they don't turn it into multiple seasons.

Zoo will surely run for eight seasons. All hail our new animal overlords with their defiant pupils.

No one else has pointed how if the radiation was so threatening to humans on that island, all of the animals would have died as well on it.