Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Pretty Little Liars (Freeform) -- Season 6 Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-02-15, 09:09 AM

Received 4,511 Likes on 3,059 Posts

THE SUMMER OF ANSWERS KICKS OFF WITH THE LIARS IN PERILL IN THE SEASON SIX PREMIERE OF "PRETTY LITTLE LIARS," PREMIERING TUESDAY, JUNE 2ND AT 8:00 PM ET/PT ON ABC FAMILY

Premiere Follows an All-Day "Pretty Little Liars" Marathon from 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM ET/PT

Burbank, CA (May 5, 2015) - The future looks bleak as the Liars are still stuck in Charles' twisted web in "Game On, Charles," the season six premiere of ABC Family's hit original series "Pretty Little Liars," premiering Tuesday, June 2nd (8:00 - 9:00 PM ET/PT). Fans can start to put the "A" puzzle pieces together with an all-day marathon starting at 12:00 PM (ET/PT) and running up to the one-hour season premiere at 8:00 PM (ET/PT). #SummerofAnswers

Moments after where the season five finale left off, Aria, Emily, Hanna, Spencer and Mona are trapped outside of Charles' Dollhouse with nowhere to go and must now deal with an angry tormentor. Just when the Liars thought Charles couldn't get any worse, his games take a more demented and darker turn. As the girls struggle to survive, the puzzle of Charles' story begins to come together.

Meanwhile, Ezra, Caleb and Toby continue the fight to find the girls with or without Rosewood P.D.'s help.
Old 06-02-15, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: Pretty Little Liars (Freeform) -- Season 6 Thread

You know, I haven't really watched this show in a year or two, but have scanned some threads. I thought Mona was dead and now she's with the other PLL's in some predicament. This is the reason I got sick of this show. It always turned out somebody's not really dead, this person is not really "A", or some other non-event. This is one of the biggest examples of how NOT to write a serial thriller. It's just freakin' annoying.
Old 06-02-15, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/03/pre...part-will.html

Season 6 will supposedly be 20 episodes. 10 this summer and 10 in the winter. They've been doing 24-25 episodes per season since season 2 and I think they know it's near the end. Doing that many episodes IMO has sort of hurt the show creatively. They've been spinning their wheels since season 3 or 4.

Mona being alive along with the Charles reveal was BS.

Since the show was renewed through season 7, it's believed that season will be the last.
Old 06-02-15, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the premiere was ok. It had a darker tone and I liked that we didn't see what Charles was doing to the 4 liars, during those three weeks. That stuff is probably slowly going to be revealed in later episodes, as well more info about the other discovery in that underground dollhouse.

Some stuff is still annoying, how certain things that are dragged out too much. The big answers as usual won't come until later episodes.
Old 06-02-15, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

This show's biggest downfall was that it kept getting renewed and the showrunners refused to switch the central mystery from A's identity. This Charles arc does nothing for me, though I am not in the target viewership. I probably won't be watching again until the final weeks of season 7.

The same thing happened with Smallville. No one ever imagined the show would become so successful and a thin premise is stretched beyond its breaking point by unimaginative showrunners.
Old 06-03-15, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Some nitpicks about the season premiere (other than the obvious ones already mentioned)...

During last season's finale, I don't remember Aria's hair being colored or styled like that, even though it started right where last season left off... I might be remembering incorrectly. though.

Also, the girls are supposed to be soooo thirsty, even though they had undergone pouring rain the night before....
Old 06-03-15, 09:05 PM

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Watched about the last 5 eps of last season for the first time before the premiere last night, I was very impressed. Last season's finale was pretty intense/weird/Saw killer-ish. The short time jump is going to help them focus the show this half of the season. Also, cutting out 4 or 5 episodes that are generally red herring/plot movers/tripe will be good for them. I never really believe them when they call it the Summer of Answers though. They'll just add more questions.

Also, something I noticed/a theory:

Spoiler:
The blocks spelled out Charles, but the toy boat they found just had C.D. carved into it..."Charles" had wavy blonde hair under the mask. Whatever happened to CeCe Drake? C.D. you're welcome.
Old 06-03-15, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked the premier. Yes, I believe they are stretching the plot very thin to make it to 7 seasons. But, I'm enjoying the ride.
Old 06-09-15, 05:28 AM

Pretty Little Liars (S6E02) - "Songs of Innocence" - 6/9/15

THE LIARS BEGIN THE HEALING PROCESS IN AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF "PRETTY LITTLE LIARS," AIRING TUESDAY, JUNE 9TH AT 8:00 PM ET/PT ON ABC FAMILY

Burbank, CA (May 21, 2015) - Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer are out of the Dollhouse but far from free of its lasting effects in "Songs of Innocence," an all-new episode of ABC Family's hit original series "Pretty Little Liars," airing Tuesday, June 9th (8:00 - 9:00 PM ET/PT).

The girls may have gotten out of the Dollhouse but what happened to them during their time of captivity has lasting effects. With worried loved ones watching over them, the PLLs are home and trying to heal, with not much success. Even with suspected tormentor Andrew in custody, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer fear they are far from safe.

Meanwhile, Alison must deal with her past indiscretions and her notoriety around Rosewood.
Old 06-10-15, 12:08 AM

Re: Pretty Little Liars (S6E02) - "Songs of Innocence" - 6/9/15

A bit of a filler episode. They didn't push for answers in regards to Andrew. I also found it odd that Spencer, who in the past is always playing investigator, didn't push that Sara girl for answers. Sara is indeed creepy and suspicious, especially how she showed up at the end of the episode.

The DiLaurentis family is keeping secrets and the question is how long until the dad spills.
Old 06-14-15, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Pretty Little Liars (S6E02) - "Songs of Innocence" - 6/9/15

It was so obvious the dad knew who Charles is. Liked that it gave some glimpses of what happened in the dollhouse. I doubt anyone was actually tortured though. Each one probably thinks they did something horrible to the others and won't talk about it. But they will eventually tell each other.
Old 06-16-15, 05:25 AM

Pretty Little Liars (S6E03) - "Songs of Experience" - 6/16/15

THE LIARS TRY TO COPE THE BEST WAY THEY KNOW HOW IN AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF "PRETTY LITTLE LIARS," AIRING TUESDAY, JUNE 16TH AT 8:00 PM ET/PT ON ABC FAMILY

Burbank, CA (May 27, 2015) - Still in fragile states of mind, the PLLs try to put their lives back to together in "Songs of Experience," an all-new episode of ABC Family's hit original series "Pretty Little Liars," airing Tuesday, June 16th (8:00 - 9:00 PM ET/PT).

The girls' lives have been turned upside down by their captivity and each one of them is looking for answers to make sense of their ordeal. Aria focuses on Andrew by trying to figure out who this boy really is while Emily tries to connect with a new friend. In true Spencer fashion, she is on a mission to get answers about Charles from Ali and Jason. Hanna wants to bring the four friends back together so they can move past what happened in the Dollhouse.

Meanwhile, Alison is no longer the queen bee/mean girl she once was - but who is she now? A new friend tries to help her find the courage to start anew and find the "new" Alison.
Old 06-17-15, 02:58 PM

Re: Pretty Little Liars (S6E03) - "Songs of Experience" - 6/16/15

Slighthly better episode than last week imo. The DiLaurentis will probably lie again. My take on Andrew is that he was likely given a window to try and be the hero and was set up. I still think A will mess with him again. The stuff with Ali and cop is already boring.
Old 06-23-15, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Pretty Little Liars (S6E04) -- "Don’t Look Now" -- 6/23/15

ALL ROADS LEAD BACK TO RADLEY IN AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF "PRETTY LITTLE LIARS," AIRING TUESDAY, JUNE 23RD AT 8:00 PM ET/PT ON ABC FAMILY

Burbank, CA (June 4, 2015) - Kenneth DiLaurentis finally comes clean about Charles in "Don't Look Now," an all new episode of ABC Family's hit original series "Pretty Little Liars," airing Tuesday, June 23rd (8:00 - 9:00 PM ET/PT).

After lying to Alison and Jason about Charles, Kenneth comes clean about the family's connection to the young boy. While he won't give much detail about Charles' past, he say's enough to give the PLLs a clue of where to look for the missing pieces - Radley Sanitarium. With Radley now closed and the files shipped off to be shredded, the girls must act fast before all traces of Charles' past disappear.

Meanwhile, Caleb's protective nature starts to pinch Hanna, and Spencer seeks a remedy for her sleeping issues.

Episode 4 of 20

Big Plot development for the midseason finale: No, it doesn't involve "A" or "Charles"

Spoiler:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/pretty-little-liars-season-6-will.html

The show will jump forward in time 6 years. The girls will be playing close to their exact ages when the show comes back in 2016.
Old 06-23-15, 10:19 PM

Re: Pretty Little Liars (S6E04) -- "Don’t Look Now" -- 6/23/15

Ok episode that answered some things. Charles probably isn't dead.
Old 06-27-15, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Pretty Little Liars (S6E04) -- "Don’t Look Now" -- 6/23/15

As soon as they showed the grave, I knew Charles is still alive.
Old 06-30-15, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Pretty Little Liars (S6E05) -- "She’s No Angel" -- 6/30/15

Mona returns to Rosewood in a very fragile state as she must answer to the police for faking her death. Matters only get worse when she is confronted by Lesli's sister about Lesli's inadvertent involvement in Mona's plot. Hanna is determined to help Mona out, not only to reassure her she is safe from Alison but also to try and repair Mona's friendship with Lesli. Emily tries to help Sara with her troubled home life by encouraging her to explore the possibility of emancipation. Spencer, on the other hand, finds help from someone from her past.

Meanwhile, Alison grows closer to Lorenzo as she looks for support outside of her family.

Episode 5 of 20
Old 06-30-15, 11:18 PM

Re: Pretty Little Liars (S6E05) -- "She’s No Angel" -- 6/30/15

Filler episode for the most part. Lesli is probably another red herring and Sara is still a bit suspicious in my book.
Old 07-01-15, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, not horrible, but in my opinion by far the weakest so far this Season.
Old 07-05-15, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Very weak. Only thing is Lesli screaming at the end sounded like Bethany from the audio tape on a previous episode.

And A has boobs wasn't much of a revelation.
Old 07-14-15, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Pretty Little Liars (S6E06) -- "No Stone Unturned" -- 7/14/15

THE ANSWER THE LIARS ARE LOOKING FOR MAY BE A STONE'S THROW AWAY IN AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF "PRETTY LITTLE LIARS," AIRING TUESDAY, JULY 14TH AT 8:00 PM ET/PT ON ABC FAMILY

Burbank, CA (June 23, 2015) - The Liars are on the hunt for proof that Lesli is "A" in "No Stone Unturned," an all-new episode of ABC Family's hit original series "Pretty Little Liars," airing Tuesday, July 14th (8:00 - 9:00 PM ET/PT).

With all signs pointing to Lesli as the tormentor in the hoodie, the PLLs are on a mission to get concrete proof before bringing their findings to the police. But as the girls ramp up their investigation, "A's" threats escalate.

Meanwhile, a friend of Emily's makes her a surprising offer, and Spencer is pressured by her family to make an important decision.

Episode 6 of 20
Old 07-15-15, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Pretty Little Liars (S6E06) -- "No Stone Unturned" -- 7/14/15

Binged the last 5 episodes last night and finally got caught.

Now that they've revealed that Charles is Ali's supposed long dead brother with mental issues, that makes the storyline a little less WTF.

Of course, the whole Lesli thing is a red herring.

I have to how ABC Family teased that the summer finale in a few weeks all will be revealed on who "A" is. They've been doing that the last few summers.

And really? Was it really necessary to have Em and Sarah hook up? Those 2 have zero chemistry. She had more chemistry with the older cook from last season and that fizzled out.

I still find the show entertaining, but the girls frustrate the shit out of him.
Old 07-15-15, 10:28 PM

I've been watching the show with a renewed sense of...detached irony? I guess you could call it. Not that I'm not invested, but I've been getting a lot of mileage from picking out the obvious red herrings and bullshit and laughing at the girls' totally serial reactions to all of it.
Old 07-16-15, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Binged the last 5 episodes last night and finally got caught.

Now that they've revealed that Charles is Ali's supposed long dead brother with mental issues, that makes the storyline a little less WTF.

Of course, the whole Lesli thing is a red herring.

I have to how ABC Family teased that the summer finale in a few weeks all will be revealed on who "A" is. They've been doing that the last few summers.

And really? Was it really necessary to have Em and Sarah hook up? Those 2 have zero chemistry. She had more chemistry with the older cook from last season and that fizzled out.

I still find the show entertaining, but the girls frustrate the shit out of him.
I hated that part of the episode. The Sara storyline is pretty awful in general. I agree, Emily had more chemistry with the cook from last season.

People on other message boards are frustrated with Emily always having different love interests.
Old 07-16-15, 03:04 PM

Emily is the worst. I wish A would get to her.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.