Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race (S26E12) -- Season Finale -- "Monster Truck Heroes" -- 5/15/15

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-15, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
The Amazing Race (S26E12) -- Season Finale -- "Monster Truck Heroes" -- 5/15/15

AFTER FIVE CONTINENTS, EIGHT COUNTRIES AND MORE THAN 35,000 MILES, THE WINNERS OF "THE AMAZING RACE" WILL BE CROWNED ON THE SEASON FINALE, FRIDAY, MAY 15

"Monster Truck Heroes" - Everything is bigger in Texas, including THE AMAZING RACE season finale! With the $1 million dollar prize on the line, the final four teams race from Peru to Dallas, where they go to great heights at the top of AT&T Stadium, the home of the Dallas Cowboys, join a Texas cattle ranch and rappel 500 feet down the Reunion Tower, on the season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, May 15 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan)
is the host.

Remaining Teams in THE AMAZING RACE:

Mike and Rochelle

Blair and Hayley

Laura and Tyler

Jelani and Jenny

Will return this Fall for season 27
Old 05-15-15, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race (S26E12) -- Season Finale -- "Monster Truck Heroes" -- 5/15/15

Please G-d let Laura & Tyler win...it's not like YOU ever let my favorite team win before...give me just this one please.
Old 05-15-15, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race (S26E12) -- Season Finale -- "Monster Truck Heroes" -- 5/15/15

#FreeBlair at last. The loss was on all Hayley. Berating Blair to help make a decision in the cab when she alone saw where they needed to go. He wanted to follow the train tracks but she couldn't make a decision. They lost because of her and he wasn't even angry about it. I hope they invite him back and let him race with who he originally signed up with. Hayley can't get off my television fast enough. What an entitled, delusional person.
Old 05-15-15, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

I was rooting for Blair, but he was foiled by Hayley. They had a huge lead and I don't see how she couldn't see those flags....
Old 05-15-15, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Thrilled with who won the race. Blair has the patience of a saint. I can't believe he said he'd be willing to race with Hayley again.
Old 05-15-15, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Well Blair and Hayley are still friends if social media is to be believed.

Never really liked Laura and Tyler so...eh.

While I was rooting for Blair and Hayley, I do recognize the poetic justice in their losing solely b/c Hayley fucked up. They had a huge lead, and the final task wasn't hard for two people with their skill set.
Old 05-15-15, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

The selfies must be placed on the map in chronic logical order!"
This show is always good for a quote.

I must say I'm going to miss Hayley & Blair. It was classic karma that she was the one that screwed it all up.
Old 05-15-15, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 05-15-15, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 349 Likes on 268 Posts

Even though I was rooting for team lawyers, Im happy for the winners.

I've only predicted the winner once haha
Old 05-16-15, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

So none of the blind date couples who made the finals actually became a dating couple?

Hmmm. Good experiment producers... maybe the second one will yield better results.

I also couldn't believe Hayley just continued to berate Blair at every point. Then he carries her to their last place finish. Dude may have the patience of a saint but he got the backbone of a snake.
Old 05-16-15, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hayley seemed to be very aware of how she acted earlier in the race and her and Blair became closer friends during the time not shown on the air.

I'm just glad Jelani and Jenny didn't win. They both rub the wrong way like Hayley gets to others.
Old 05-16-15, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by emachine12
So none of the blind date couples who made the finals actually became a dating couple?

Hmmm. Good experiment producers... maybe the second one will yield better results.

I also couldn't believe Hayley just continued to berate Blair at every point. Then he carries her to their last place finish. Dude may have the patience of a saint but he got the backbone of a snake.
Obviously the blind dates had an unfair advantage, so next time they do this all of the teams should be blind dates.

I think Blair approached the race like a job instead of a relationship. He recognized the importance of teamwork in the workplace and knew he would only need to endure the verbal abuse until the job was done.
Old 05-16-15, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Oh the karma for Hayley. Sweet, sweet karma. She fucked up royally and Blair didn't utter even a squeak of negativity. Had it been him, he would be hearing about it for the rest of their lives. Then yelling at Blair in the car because he didn't know what building she saw? Holy shit, what a bitch. So glad they lost.

I'm also with hdnmickey, something about Jelani and Jenny rubbed me wrong too. Not as bad as Hayley & Blair, but still annoying.

Since all three teams screwed up (H&B at the tower, J&J going the wrong way to the flags, T&L combination lock) it was kind of a shame Mike & Rochelle were eliminated because of a shitty cab driver abandoning them.

I was rooting for Laura & Tyler, so to the win.
Old 05-16-15, 01:48 PM

I'm going to take the contrary view here and say that I think Blair and Hayley are definitely going to end up together. The vibe between them on the last few legs was a LOT different than in the beginning and as annoying as she seemed to be, remember that at least some of that is likely at least partly due to the edit. In addition, whether you like her or not, she did have a point that Blair wasn't listening to her, and that once he did, they started doing a lot better.
Old 05-16-15, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
I'm just glad Jelani and Jenny didn't win. They both rub the wrong way like Hayley gets to others.
How the hell can Jelani rub anyone the wrong way?
Old 05-16-15, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

I know they sometimes have Big Brother contestants on TAR, but I would love to see it the other way around and have Blair & Haley on this summers edition of BB.
Old 05-16-15, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Eddie W
I know they sometimes have Big Brother contestants on TAR, but I would love to see it the other way around and have Blair & Haley on this summers edition of BB.
BB is considered junior varsity once you've done TAR. Almost all of them want to be on Survivor...I know Laura and Tyler would both say yes in a heartbeat if they were asked. So would most of the other teams/racers.
Old 05-17-15, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

arrgh, I really need to stop reading up on spoilers.

@ the top two pairs being neck and neck on the final challenge (or at least the editing made it out to be that way.)
@ cab drivers dooming a team. Can't at the moment recall in any of the past races when teams were allowed to drive themselves on the final leg.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ch7q7SjZDl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BUCKLE UP!

Help me make a decision!

Very fitting that Hayley ends up committing the biggest blunder. If Blair made that mistake, he'd be shoved/locked inside that shed while she steamrolled over it with that monster truck.
I didn't think it was possible for Hayley to take that shrillness up a notch, but she appears more harsh and verbally abusive in the bonus footage. OUCH
Agree that Blair comes off as a saint - wishing this swell, handsome guy finds someone more compatible down the road.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j0KT4xk3tpo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'd root for them again if they're both invited back for the next All-Star edition. Congrats to the winners but hands down, Hayley and Blair one of the most entertaining couples on TAR.
Old 05-17-15, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by misterchimpy
I'm going to take the contrary view here and say that I think Blair and Hayley are definitely going to end up together. The vibe between them on the last few legs was a LOT different than in the beginning and as annoying as she seemed to be, remember that at least some of that is likely at least partly due to the edit. In addition, whether you like her or not, she did have a point that Blair wasn't listening to her, and that once he did, they started doing a lot better.
Since about the midway point of the season, I've had an odd feeling that they could actually end up as a couple. Doubtful, but stranger things have happened.
Old 05-17-15, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

I've been racking my brain, but is Laura the most attractive woman to have won the Race? I think so, but I've missed a couple seasons in the past.

Last edited by lwhy?; 05-17-15 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-17-15, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd probably take Flo (S3) or Kendra (S6) over Laura if we are talking straight looks. I thought they both looked better without wearing 10lbs of makeup like most female racers do these days.

Flo was one of the most obnoxious racers ever though.

Laura is definitely the best combo of looks and personality IMO.

Last edited by sven; 05-17-15 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-17-15, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I've been racking my brain, but is Laura the most attractive won to have won the Race? I think so, but I've missed a couple seasons in the past.
I don't have the photographic memory of mwbmis, but I'd say the answer to this is, "hell, yes!"

You'll be seeing more of Laura on your television sets.
Old 05-18-15, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally got around to seeing the finale.

Very happy to see Laura and Tyler win. Not just because they are my team in the dvdtalk game, but I genuinely liked them. Yes, at times they got a little competitive, but for a million bucks, I don't know who wouldn't.

I was glad to see they were able to overcome their taxi driver not knowing where things are in Dallas. They took a chance working with Jelani and Jenny near the end but were able to beat them out.

I can see TAR bring back hayley and Blair for another go 'round.
Old 05-18-15, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I didn't mind Laura and Tyler winning but I was totally rooting for Hayley & Blair. I hope they show up in the next all-star edition.
Old 05-18-15, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I just wish they could find a way to end this show in a place where your luck in choosing a taxi doesn't play such a huge part in determining your fate.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.