Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Vampire Diaries (S6E22) -- Season Finale - "I'm Thinking of You All the While"

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Vampire Diaries (S6E22) -- Season Finale - "I'm Thinking of You All the While"

Old 05-14-15, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

"I'm Thinking of You All the While" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

GOODBYE, MYSTIC FALLS - In the aftermath of Alaric (Matt Davis) and Jo's (guest star Jodi Lyn O'Keefe) powerful nuptials, things take a dramatic turn when an uninvited guest shows up, leaving Elena (Nina Dobrev) in terrible jeopardy. Despite Matt's (Zach Roerig) advice to leave town to protect herself, a defiant Bonnie (Kat Graham) takes matters into her own hands after finding herself on the receiving end of a twisted plan. As Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Caroline (Candice Accola) reach an emotional crossroad in their relationship, a reunion with Liv (guest star Penelope Mitchell) leaves Tyler (Michael Trevino) faced with a decision that could change his life forever. Meanwhile, Lily's (guest star Annie Wersching) reckless actions cause Stefan to realize the lengths to which his mother will go to reunite with her "family." Finally, after a devastating chain of events, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) is forced to make the most difficult decision of his life. Michael Malarkey also stars. Chris Grismer directed the episode written by Julie Plec & Caroline Dries (#622). Original airdate 5/14/2015.

Renewed for a 7th season. This will be Nina Dobrev's final episode.

I have a feeling season 7 will probably be the final season. They're going to lose a lot of viewers after Nina leaves.
Old 05-14-15, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries (S6E22) -- Season Finale - "I'm Thinking of You All the While

Originally Posted by DJariya
I have a feeling season 7 will probably be the final season. They're going to lose a lot of viewers after Nina leaves.
All they need to do is replace her with Victoria Justice, her doppelganger.

Bonnie Lives!

Was that a Fast-forward at then end?
Old 05-15-15, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Vampire Diaries (S6E22) -- Season Finale - "I'm Thinking of You All the While

Wow, that sucks for Elena. Being sent into an eternal coma until Bonnie dies.

That finale could have worked as a series finale had they not added that time jump at the end with Matt as a cop and Mystic Falls in ruins.

The goodbyes to her friends and brother were actually quite well done and bittersweet. Even the final scene with Damon was a nice touch.

That wedding was a blood bath. Felt bad for Alaric.

I have a feeling when the show does end for good, they'll try to bring back Dobrev for the series finale somehow.
Old 05-15-15, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by gerrythedon

Was that a Fast-forward at then end?
Matt was a cop as Elena predicted.

Here's what Julie Plec said:

http://tvline.com/2015/05/14/vampire...-bonnie-damon/

TVLINE | As for the time jump, have you figured out how far into the future it is?
We have figured it out — I’m writing the premiere as we speak — but we’re kind of keeping it a mystery for fans to mull over. It’ll all become clear in the premiere what’s actually happening.
I think that was at least a 5 year time jump. I think the show had to do something drastic without repeating itself and spinning in circles for another year.

Plec also said in that interview that they want to bring Dobrev back for the last episode, whenever that is.
Old 05-15-15, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Wow, that sucks for Elena. Being sent into an eternal coma until Bonnie dies.

That finale could have worked as a series finale had they not added that time jump at the end with Matt as a cop and Mystic Falls in ruins.

The goodbyes to her friends and brother were actually quite well done and bittersweet. Even the final scene with Damon was a nice touch.

That wedding was a blood bath. Felt bad for Alaric.

I have a feeling when the show does end for good, they'll try to bring back Dobrev for the series finale somehow.
the scene when Damon killed Kai and saved Bonnie was awesome! Damon is the man.

ok I told my homie that was a time jump thingy and he thought I was crazy.

of course they'll bring back Nina, unless she demands too much.

Bloody mess it was...
Old 05-15-15, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Nina posted this on Whosay

http://www.whosay.com/ninadobrev?wsref=tw&code=BRLayUH

JOBLESS. LOOKING FOR WORK.
Skills include: Crying. Bleeding. Dying. Resurrecting. Running. Hiding. Biting. Doppleganging.

Nina will find another job pretty easily. She's young, beautiful and has a lot of fans from the show.
Old 05-15-15, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Is Nina pregnant? It was looking like she had put on a little baby weight in that evening dress while dancing with Damon.

There was less Elena than I expected for what may be her final appearance on a show that wouldn't have made it seven years without her. I guess they had to wrap up the entire Kai storyline.

So Mystic Falls is a wreck in a few years? That flash didn't do much for me, they could go in almost any direction with it. Which tells me they have no concrete plan in place.

The CW's lesser shows are hurting so badly in the ratings it's very possible this show runs past season seven. Their executives admitted that Supernatural will basically get renewed forever until Sam and Dean don't want to do it anymore.
Old 05-15-15, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Is Nina pregnant? It was looking like she had put on a little baby weight in that evening dress while dancing with Damon.

There was less Elena than I expected for what may be her final appearance on a show that wouldn't have made it seven years without her. I guess they had to wrap up the entire Kai storyline.

So Mystic Falls is a wreck in a few years? That flash didn't do much for me, they could go in almost any direction with it. Which tells me they have no concrete plan in place.

The CW's lesser shows are hurting so badly in the ratings it's very possible this show runs past season seven. Their executives admitted that Supernatural will basically get renewed forever until Sam and Dean don't want to do it anymore.
The showrunner Julie Plec is still writing next season's premiere. So it's to be determined what direction they're going in.

Nothing about Nina being pregnant. I don't think she's even dating anyone seriously after she broke up with Ian.
Old 05-17-15, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

That was just crappy on a lot of levels.

Alaric has probably been shafted more than any other character on the show. That's two wives he's lost, plus Jenna?

"Bonnie, it's not your fault." Umm, yes - it's completely her fault! If she hadn't trapped the reforming Kai in a prison dimension with witch-vampires Elana wouldn't be in such a situation.

I've never liked Bonnie since day 1. The closest I came to sympathizing with her was when she was trapped with Damon. Probably the most normal she's been. Otherwise she's always been self centered and whinny. A shame that they never removed the character from the show given how many opportunities they had.

The goodbyes felt flat, except Stefan. Given everything they went through, it was even a mild goodbye. Probably because we've been through so many similar situations on the past, only for the writers to undo everything.

I can't even remember why they ever broke up. When Elana has been paired with Damon it has always been about something else, not their relationship.

I like Stefan and Caroline as friends. I don't buy for a second though that Stefan would professe himself in such a way give what he just went through with Elana.

My guess with the time jump - the gang of witch-vampires has taken over everything.
Old 05-17-15, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

I was expecting a longer goodbye between Stefan and Elena, they were once this show's power couple. I really want them to ship Bonnie and Damon going forward. The show could be terrible if they have Damon pining for Elena until it ends.

It is also complete B.S. they knew with any certainty that Nina was leaving at the end of the season. That much is obvious with how the arcs unfolded. I would guess the producers thought Nina was threatening to leave as mere leverage and didn't take it seriously.
Old 05-17-15, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I was expecting a longer goodbye between Stefan and Elena, they were once this show's power couple. I really want them to ship Bonnie and Damon going forward. The show could be terrible if they have Damon pining for Elena until it ends.

It is also complete B.S. they knew with any certainty that Nina was leaving at the end of the season. That much is obvious with how the arcs unfolded. I would guess the producers thought Nina was threatening to leave as mere leverage and didn't take it seriously.
I did not buy that they knew all season that she was leaving.

One good thing is we likely can avoid a lot of the moping because of the time jump.
Old 05-18-15, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

This recap reminds me how much Stefan and Elana have been through, and how much closer their relationship is than her and Damon.

The bar scene with fake propos also comes to mind. When have Elana and Damon actually had a substantive conversation not about their relationship drama?

Spoiler for size (from a vampire diaries wiki)

Spoiler:
Stefan originally returned to town to get to know Elena after saving her from a car accident. They instantly fell in love and began a romantic relationship in season 1, which became strained when Damon fell in love with Elena and Katherine returned to win Stefan back. Though they continuously reassured each other and remained loyal throughout seasons 1 and 2. They fell out of contact at the end of season 2, when Stefan left to save his brothers life. Though they stayed faithful to each other, whilst Elena searched for him, until Damon kissed Elena. She admitted this to Stefan and at the end of season 3 rejected Damon, choosing to be with Stefan. Their relationship was rekindled and lasted into the beginning of season 4. Though they eventually broke up when Elena began to reciprocate Damon's love, and chose to be honest with Stefan about her feelings and intentions. He was determined to move on, before he came upon the discovery that Elena was sired to Damon. He stayed to help Elena in their search to cure her vampirism, throughout the sire bond. He admitted to still being in love with her, and even attempted to seduce her into finding her humanity again. But when the sire bond was broken and Elena chose Damon all the same, it became apparent that her affections for him were real, and Stefan was finally convinced to leave town. When Stefan goes to dispose Silas's body, Silas suddenly appears as Stefan's doppelgänger and locks Stefan in a safe and throws him in the water. Stefan is trapped in the safe the whole summer, and thinks about Elena whenever he gets the urge to turn his humanity off. Throughout the summer, Elena feels that something is wrong with him and when it is finally discovered that Stefan is missing, Damon and Elena are able to find him with the help of Elena's dream. Elena and Stefan later learn that they are part of the Doppelgänger prophecy and are destined to be together. However, they learn that this prophecy is fake. Throughout Season Five, they both are able to form a close friendship post break up and move on from each other. In Season Six, Elena and Stefan fall out of contact again and both cope with Damon's death in different ways. Stefan originally comes back home after four months to seek revenge on Enzo, but is caught off guard when he runs into Elena at Whitmore College and they immediately renew their friendship. Elena also goes to Savannah with Stefan, where he teaches her about living a new life as well as how to "start over". Stefan and Elena later work together to try to get Caroline's humanity back and when Caroline forces Stefan into his humanity off, he tells Elena to "bring him back". Elena helps Damon bring back his mother and they are able to get Stefan and Caroline's humanity back. Elena later takes the cure, and soon falls under a sleeping spell, created by Kai, to link her life to Bonnie's. They share an emotional goodbye and assure each other that they will meet again and that this isn't goodbye.

Last edited by Superman07; 05-18-15 at 07:06 AM.