Reload this Page >

Survivor: Worlds Apart (S30E10) -- "Bring The Popcorn" -- 4/22/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-22-15, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

A KEY ADVANTAGE GIVES ONE CASTAWAY A GAME-CHANGING OPPORTUNITY, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22

"Bring The Popcorn" - A key advantage gives one castaway a game-changing opportunity, and another castaway lashes out when their integrity is questioned, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, April 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The battle continues on SURVIVOR:

MERICA (Merged Tribe)
Joe Anglim (Eliminated, 2nd Jury Member)
Jenn Brown
Dan Foley
Hali Ford (Eliminated, 1st Jury Member)
Tyler Fredrickson
Mike Holloway
Rodney Lavoie Jr.
Carolyn Rivera
Shirin Oskooi
Sierra Dawn Thomas
Will Sims II
White Collar (Masaya Tribe)
So Kim (Eliminated, 1st Off)
Max Dawson, Ph.D. (Eliminated, 5th Off)
Joaquin Souberbielle (Eliminated, 6th off)
Blue Collar (Escameca Tribe)
Kelly Remington (Eliminated, 7th Off)
Lindsey Cascaddan (Eliminated, 4th Off)
No Collar (Nagarote Tribe)
Nina Poersch (Eliminated, 3rd Off)
Vince Sly (Eliminated, 2nd Off)

Episode 10 of 15
Old 04-22-15, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: Worlds Apart (S30E10) -- "Bring The Popcorn" -- 4/22/15

I agree with Jenn. These people suck.
Old 04-22-15, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi
It does seem kind of odd that at this point in the game, no one is left that has been portrayed as a "rooting" interest for the fans. At best, players like Tyler, Carolyn, and Sierra are just rolling along not doing anything noteworthy. Rodney, Dan, and Mike are all obnoxious. Shirin is annoying. And Will? He's already been useless the whole game. But that was probably the nastiest cruelest attack on another player I ever remember in the game.

Mike's social game was awful this episode. Pulling that stunt at the auction and in camp cost him Dan and Sierra ... and that would've tipped the game.

I don't know. I guess a positive is we're in the home stretch and I have no idea what's going to happen. Maybe the best case is Tyler stops playing an invisible game, and does something to step up (in a positive sense). Though he might not need to ... he's in a tight 2, as part of a bigger 4, as part of an even bigger 6. And he's the only one that I haven't heard anyone say they hate.
Old 04-22-15, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Shinobi
And I agree with you and Jenn.

I don't like a single person in the majority alliance of 6.
Old 04-22-15, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

At this point, I hope Mike or Shirin win. The only potential winner from the other group that wouldn't be terrible is Tyler.

Hated the outcome of tonight's vote, but this is the only episode, so far, that's lived up to Jeff's hype. It could have gone either way. That said, Will's attack on Shirin was despicable. I'm glad she didn't let him have his letter. I know she has no social skills, but that attack was mean-spirited, personal and hurtful. It had nothing to do with the game.

At least Jenn, Joe and Hali can have fun at Ponderosa.
Old 04-22-15, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I know it's easy to comment from home, but I'm positive I wouldn't have just sat there and watched that attack go on. No matter how annoying she is, she definitely didn't deserve that attack and then to be mocked about it at tribal.

If you speak up from the minority, you probably can't do any more harm to yourself and I'd hope if I was stuck with that awful group of 6, that people would have respected me enough to not penalize me for sticking up for a girl who was just getting horribly abused by an idiot and a bully.

Shame on all of them for keeping quiet, when I don't think anyone's game would have been harmed for just saying a few words to shut him up or make her feel just a little bit better.
Old 04-22-15, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

Entertaining episode, though most of it was because of what took place before tribal council. The TC was just a rehash of all the drama, and then Mike & Shirin even voted for Jenn, so they knew how it was going to play out.
Old 04-22-15, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

Here's Probst explaining the extra vote in an ew.com Q&A:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/17...-big-new-twist

Spoiler:

So, do other players know you have the advantage?
It’s like a hidden immunity idol. You’re the only person that knows you have it until you tell somebody else.

Do other people even know the double-vote advantage exists?
No. It is reminiscent of the very first time we did a hidden immunity idol. Nobody knew it was out there. Nobody even knew it existed—except the person that had it.

Can the person that has it split their vote and throw votes at two different people, or does their vote just count twice?
You could do what you just suggested, yes. It is literally a second vote. So imagine that you get to go up and vote once, and then you get to go up and vote again. So if you want to split your vote and do two different people, you can. If you want to bag on somebody and vote twice for the same person, you can. If you want to throw away both of your votes and just get rid of it, you can.

When it is revealed that someone has this power?
It won’t be revealed at Tribal. [ED NOTE: Probst means he will not mention somebody has it in case that person wants to keep it a secret.] But like I said, it is similar to the idol in that it is a secret only if the person decides to keep it a secret. So sometimes people don’t tell anybody they have an idol. And then they reveal it. Other times people use the idol as a defense mechanism or an offensive mechanism. You can do the same with this and say, “Look, I have a second vote, so you better vote the way I’m voting tonight,” and then maybe not use it and do it again next week. Or, you could sabotage somebody and surprise them at Tribal and try to blindside somebody out.

How does the player have to reveal it at Tribal?
You would say something to the effect of, “Jeff, I’d like to use my advantage now.”

Does that happen before the voting takes place?
Yes. And I would say, “Dalton has a second vote. A second piece of parchment. Dalton, go ahead and place your second vote.” Cut to a reaction, a reaction, a reaction, and then hopefully cut to blindside.

So I would need to use it at some point during the voting process—either before the voting starts, or after I have already voted the first time. Basically, before you say, “I’ll go tally the votes,” I would have to say “Jeff…” and then cue the dramatic music.
Yes. But to be clear, you might also start Tribal by saying, “Just want to let everybody know I have two votes tonight. So as you’re thinking about what you’re going to do, just know I’m voting twice for Bill.” You can play it any way you want.”

But if nobody has said anything by the time you go up to get the votes, then it’s closed and we’re done. You cannot play it after votes are read.
Once we’re done voting, you can’t use it after we’re done.

The question I don't believe was answered--is there an "expiration" on this advantage, a time when it can no longer be used?
Old 04-23-15, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I like this season but I don't like anyone. Will and Shirin are the two I like the least. One or both will make it to the final three since they are the biggest goats. Mike is kind of playing the best but if he wants to win he'll have to drag along the goats.
Old 04-23-15, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike is pretty much geared towards going to the end regardless of his paranoia and stupidity. It's an entertaining season, but none of these people are compelling or anything. With Jenn gone, it's lost a lot of interest for me.

I'm still not sure how Jenn is a bigger threat?

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 04-23-15 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-23-15, 01:03 AM

It seems like Mike should have been able to convince Dan and Sierra that Rodney WAS plotting against him... the footage shown doesn't seem to show that he tried very well. This makes me believe that perhaps we saw footage that was edited out of order in order to make Mike's paranoia seem justified. I'm guessing that Mike pulled that stunt at the auction FIRST. After the whole tribe got mad at Mike, THEN Rodney got his foursome together and started talking matter-of-factly about taking out Mike.

It's a guess, but it seems to explain why Mike didn't use that opening scene conversation to defend himself.
Old 04-23-15, 02:09 AM

And that's the end of that season.
Old 04-23-15, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'd like to see a season finale where the jury is too apathetic to vote and the winner is decided by the finalists pulling rocks out of a bag.
Old 04-23-15, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

This seemed like such a contrived episode to make something happen. It's been a lackluster season so far, and producers knew it.

Each season, the players are more savvy about how the show works. I think it's becoming a detriment.
Old 04-23-15, 08:38 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mnementh
I'd like to see a season finale where the jury is too apathetic to vote and the winner is decided by the finalists pulling rocks out of a bag.

Looks as though Tyler is the biggest threat who needs to be removed. Mike is a sitting duck (no way he can win repeated immunities to the Final) and the rest are pretty hopeless when it comes to challenges.
Old 04-23-15, 10:04 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doesn't Mike still have a hidden immunity idol? (The one he found from stalking Joe after Joe shared the clue with Tyler.)

I also wonder if Jen's insistence of leaving the game had more to do with the outcome than Mike failing to get Dan on his side... for all we know Dan is still on Mike's side since everyone (including Mike and Shirin) voted for Jen anyway.

Worst case scenario is a Dan, Will, and Rodney final three. Of all the seasons, that trio might actually get me to turn off the finale.
Old 04-23-15, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
I'm still not sure how Jenn is a bigger threat?
Because she was awesome at challenges on not crazy. Really at this point the only one that seems capable of keeping their cool and keeping an alliance together is Tyler. He is the only person left there that I think is a decent person. But then again, many probably thought the same about Will before that last episode. So much for the idea that they did a better job of not casting the stereotypical crazies this season.

That new extra vote twist is simply another piece that convinces me that they have been fixing the game for a very long time. The first few seasons were great given the cast very interesting people and let the original design of the game work as intended. Now it's just heavily weighted with disgusting people with a bunch of manipulation to create interest that I'm sure would be there is they just went back to the original model.

Given the combination of casting of crazies, and the constant unneeded stunts, this is quite possibly our last season watching Survivor. We dropped Big Brother a couple seasons again for the same reasons.
Old 04-23-15, 01:20 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts

I have four eps sitting on my DVR that I am not in any hurry to watch. This season has been bad on soooo many levels for me.

I'm just not invested in nor interested in any of these people.
Old 04-23-15, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really wish they would go to a real survivor type show and let them starve. You vote out those who know what they are doing you suffer. There is just no penalty for that and it's all just silly politics.
Old 04-23-15, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
And I agree with you and Jenn.

I don't like a single person in the majority alliance of 6.
I agree. I love this game, but this is the first season in a while that I really don't like anyone at this point. Despite the fact that Shireen can be annoying and isn't that great a player, she was totally right. Will's comments were uncalled for, completely hypocritical and showed his character. And I can't believe everyone else just stood there.

Props to Jenn for saying, "I hate this place, but at this point, I'm committed to stay just to mess up their game."

And props to Shireen for sticking it to Will when it mattered to him most.
Old 04-23-15, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,062 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty

And props to Shireen for sticking it to Will when it mattered to him most.
Agreed. She showed some serious brass balls to do that, especially when not one person backed her up.

Fuck Will. I don't like the chick either but he went way too far. I hope his wife gave him some serious shit. Has he done his obligatory post-show fake apology via twitter yet?

Dan is such a fuckhead, that watching him whine like a bitch for the letters gave me some mild enjoyment.

This has to be the most unlikeable group of people on Survivor ever. Once Joe left, I couldn't give a shit who wins out of this bunch. None of them deserve it.
Old 04-23-15, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Agreed. She showed some serious brass balls to do that, especially when not one person backed her up.

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Has he done his obligatory post-show fake apology via twitter yet?
https://twitter.com/WillandMonifa/st...30069440548864

Summary ... no reply or apology. Only to say he "got his popcorn".

Is Ponderosa any good so far? I'm tempted to check it out now see what Jenn, Joe, and Haley are talking about.
Old 04-23-15, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I have four eps sitting on my DVR that I am not in any hurry to watch. This season has been bad on soooo many levels for me.

Probably should wait it out till the end and only watch them if the ending saves the season in some way.
Old 04-23-15, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldberg74

The first one is worth it for Jenn at tribal council, but you'll only get enjoyment out of that if you like Jenn.
Old 04-23-15, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by arminius
I really wish they would go to a real survivor type show and let them starve. You vote out those who know what they are doing you suffer. There is just no penalty for that and it's all just silly politics.
Good thing Naked & Afraid is on the air.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.