DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   I Love Lucy colorazation (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/626406-i-love-lucy-colorazation.html)

Flicker 04-20-15 06:56 PM

I Love Lucy colorazation

As a big fan of the popular shows all though the end of them, I now enjoy watching some of the ones with color added. Hopefully one day all will be available at a price I and many others can afford.

Jason 04-20-15 06:58 PM

Re: I Love Lucy colorazation

Pass. Ancient TV has historical value, but little entertainment value to me.

And colorization is just stupid.

TGM 04-20-15 07:06 PM

I'd like the option to watch in color, sure.

whotony 04-20-15 07:06 PM

Colorization is bad.

Also please spell check at least for thread titles.

The Valeyard 04-20-15 07:37 PM

I think colorization is a slap in the face to the creators of the show/film the process is used on. But as long as the original B&W versions are made available, I grudgingly accept it.

Baron Of Hell 04-20-15 08:33 PM

Doesn't really matter to me. I've seen It's a Wonderful Life if both many times and it feels about the same to me.

Bill Needle 04-20-15 08:49 PM

Cholerazation is a pet peeve of mine. Tweaking the video to make the actors appear to suffer from watery diarrhea, vomiting, and severe dehydration shows a total lack of respect for the source material.

hanshotfirst1138 04-20-15 11:03 PM

Colorization is no longer enough, I'm sure that it will be cropped to 16:9 too.

Eric F 04-20-15 11:09 PM

I'd like to see the originals in color- the original color. As we know from this clip there was plenty of bright color used on set.

Joseph B 04-22-15 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 12458008)
Colorization is bad.

Also please spell check at least for thread titles.

Heck ... If you're going to "colorize" you may as well run it through a "tilt-and-scan" process and make it 16:9, HD-compatible. Then CBS can re-syndicate the series through the various streaming services!!
(Not that anybody's thinking of doing that ...)

Timber 04-22-15 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 12458193)

I'd like to see the originals in color- the original color. As we know from this clip there was plenty of bright color used on set.

The black and white looks beautiful in this clip. Never have I wondered what color anything was when I watched the show.

General Zod 04-22-15 02:51 PM

What happens if you watch the new colorized version on a black and white tv? Would it look the same as it used to?