Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Orphan Black (BBC America) - Season 3 Discussion Thread - Premieres 4/18/15

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-15, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts
Re: Orphan Black (BBC America) - Season 3 Discussion Thread - Premieres 4/18/15

The show has definitely picked up the last few episodes - which kind of irritates me because it puts me on the fence about watching next season instead of ditching it... and I fear next season will be like the first half of this season and I'll be annoyed again.

Interesting twist at the end.

Is anyone actually who they say they are? Delphine is a totally different person. I'm assuming she went through and faked that chicks suicide even though she didn't need to - simply because she's jealous and apparently evil.
Old 06-14-15, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Delphine is acting oddly. I'm not sure what her deal is.
Old 06-15-15, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

So who called Cosima at 1-416-347-6516?
Old 06-18-15, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm liking this season
Old 06-21-15, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

That was a pretty strong season finale. Interesting developments at the end. It set up a lot of things for next season.

I have no memory of Helena's 'boyfriend'--the tow truck driver. When did she meet him?
Old 06-21-15, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
That was a pretty strong season finale. Interesting developments at the end. It set up a lot of things for next season.

I have no memory of Helena's 'boyfriend'--the tow truck driver. When did she meet him?
I agree, great season finale.

Helena met Jesse last season in the episode in which Sarah and Helena went on the road trip to find out more about Ethan Duncan. While Sarah was going through files in a church basement, learning more about Duncan, Helena went to a nearby bar and met Jesse.
Old 06-21-15, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,888 Posts

So... regarding the end... (in case someone is reading the thread and hasn't seen the episode yet)...

Spoiler:
I'm guessing that Shay shot Delphine. Looked like Delphine was shot right after she left the dinner party, so that gives everyone there an alibi (like Scott), and Delphine's "What about her?" would seem to be a reference to Cosima.

I think that when Delphine went to Cosima and gave her the card, that was an indication that it was time for her to take out Delphine.
Old 06-21-15, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The season ended strong but overall I feel it was the weakest season thus far. Also, the story sucks. But Maslany is so great, especially as Allison and Helena, that I know I'll see it through to the end.
Old 06-30-15, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

This season was a bit tough to go through. Some good moments each episode, but a bunch of stuff/people I really do not care about.

I'll probably watch it to the end of the series, but it has gone from must watch to "I'll catch it when I get a chance"
Old 07-06-15, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Best finale of the show yet, but what the heck was with the robotic worm?? That was freakier than the tail from the 1st season.
Nice bookends with the clone party gathering.
Call me stupid for thinking they actually scooped out the manicurist clone's eye and gave it to Rachel. I never laughed so hard on this show with the unbandaging and her flipping out.

This season piled too many layers with the Dyad/Castor project/Topside/other villainous forces it was difficult to keep track of all the alliances. Yet the 2nd half was some of the best especially when the focus shifted away from the bioweapon-making chainsmoking Dr. (the Cosima-Shay-Delphine triangle was a close 2nd for worst part of the season.) I really enjoyed how the writers/producers phased Helena into the Felix household - Donnie & Helena ended up being my new favorite pairing.

Fave line from the season:
"It's one those really bad colds that messes with your syntax." -- Donnie on Helena as Alison (Tatiana continues to be terrific hopping from clone to clone.)

Season grade: B+
Originally Posted by starseed1981
But Maslany is so great, especially as Allison and Helena, that I know I'll see it through to the end.
+1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D3a3Ky19iZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Congrats Alison!
Old 09-03-15, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

If Tatiana Maslany gets a lead role in Star Wars VIII, wonder if this will be the end of Orphan Black (ie. season 4).

http://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-epi...oke-exclusive/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/...or-female-lead
Old 09-03-15, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Why would it? There is no reason to think they would be filming at the same time or that they wouldn't work around her schedule. Actors do movie and tv shows at same time all the time. For example the actress playing Danny on Game of Thrones was also in the last Terminator movie. The actor playing Bilbo in the Hobbit is also on Sherlock. The Actor playing Oliver on Arrow will also be in the next TMNT movie.
Old 09-03-15, 08:46 AM

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,102 Posts

Originally Posted by morriscroy
If Tatiana Maslany gets a lead role in Star Wars VIII, wonder if this will be the end of Orphan Black (ie. season 4).

http://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-epi...oke-exclusive/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/...or-female-lead
Is Game of Thrones or Girls ending because Gwendoline Christie and Adam Driver are in TFA?
Old 09-03-15, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

She's signed through the end of the series I thought? Isn't it supposed to end with season 5.
Old 09-03-15, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,888 Posts

She'll probably film season four of Orphan Black this fall/winter before VIII starts shooting, probably next spring/summer as it's set for a release date of May 2017, which would free her up to film the fifth (and final?) season of Orphan Black after filming on VIII has wrapped. Might delay OB a bit, but if it's the final season it shouldn't matter too much if it airs in the summer instead of the spring.
Old 04-24-16, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I finally finished season 3. I agree it had been a chore to get through. So much so that it piled up in my DVR and was overwritten because other programs were higher priority. I accidentally skipped an episode (fort escape), but figure I caught everything on the recap.

It was easier to get through if you watch them closer together as it keeps all the storylines moving. I was still lost with all the actors and plots. Maybe it's because I hadn't watched any in some time, but shady actors show up and sir alligirnces and motivations are murky.

I'll be curious to see how the two mother storylines play out.

Interesting that Delphine knew so thoroughly that she was a dead woman walking. Hope we find out early in season 4 who killed her.

Glasses guy is creepy, but kind of cool he's on their side now.
Old 05-14-16, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

I'm watching the next to the last episode. Do you all think Mark knew he was going to make Gracie lose the child when they did it?
Old 05-14-16, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
So... regarding the end... (in case someone is reading the thread and hasn't seen the episode yet)...

Spoiler:
I'm guessing that Shay shot Delphine. Looked like Delphine was shot right after she left the dinner party, so that gives everyone there an alibi (like Scott), and Delphine's "What about her?" would seem to be a reference to Cosima.

I think that when Delphine went to Cosima and gave her the card, that was an indication that it was time for her to take out Delphine.
Delphine gave the card to Shay not to Cosima, and told Shay to give the card to Cosima. I think one of the Neolutionist killed her because Nealon told her she wouldn't live til the end of the day, and Delphine knew she was about to die so she left Shay to take care of Cosima and left the card with the clone number so that Cosima would know Shay was safe.