Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Full House Guys Reunite On Fallon - reunion show, "Fuller House" coming to Netflix

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Full House Guys Reunite On Fallon - reunion show, "Fuller House" coming to Netflix

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-15, 03:12 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
Re: Full House Guys Reunite On Fallon - reunion show, "Fuller House" coming to Netfli

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are mulling over a return to Full House.

“We just found out about it today,” Mary-Kate told Women's Wear Daily Tuesday. “I guess we’re going to talk to the creators and see what’s happening.”

The twins said they had no idea the show was getting a Netflix reboot until Stamos announced it on Monday's Jimmy Kimmel Live!

“I ran into Bob [Saget] the other day and we didn’t even talk about it,” said Ashley.

"I’m shocked I haven’t heard from John [Stamos]” Mary-Kate added.

According to WWD, the sisters didn't rule out participating in the show. “I’m going to call [Saget] and get his perspective,” Ashley said.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ebook_20150422
Old 04-22-15, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Full House Guys Reunite On Fallon - reunion show, "Fuller House" coming to Netfli

Would Mary Kate and Ashley split actressing duties as Michelle? Or is Melina Katsopolis going to move to San Francisco?
Old 04-22-15, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by RoyalTea
Would Mary Kate and Ashley split actressing duties as Michelle? Or is Melina Katsopolis going to move to San Francisco?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N9cSuDTRZeM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-22-15, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

One of those shows you watched if you were stuck at home on Friday nights and did not have a drivers license.

If Candice Cameron and Lori Loughlin were nude and getting banged in every scene maybe I would be interested.
Old 04-22-15, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyalTea
Yeah. I've been wondering how they'd handle having both Mary Kate and Ashley on the series if they agree to it. I assume one would play Michelle and there'd be a new character written for the other like you suggested.
Old 05-22-15, 05:03 PM

Fuller House is moving forward without one very important member of the Tanner family.

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen will not reprise the role they shared as Michelle in the upcoming Netflix revival of the beloved ABC sitcom, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

“Although Ashley and Mary-Kate will not be a part of Fuller House, I know how much Full House has meant to them and they are still very much considered family," executive producer Robert L. Boyett said in a statement. "It has been exciting to see how they have built their professional careers, and I support their choice to focus on their fashion brands and various business endeavors. I appreciate their support and good wishes towards Fuller House."

The new incarnation will star original cast members Candace Cameron-Bure (D.J.), her on-screen younger sister, Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie), and Andrea Barber, who played her best friend, Kimmy Gibbler. John Stamos will produce and reprise his role as Uncle Jesse in a guest role. Dave Coulier will also return as Uncle Joey. Talks are under way to bring back fellow original stars Bob Saget and Lori Loughlin.

Although much of the original cast is set to return, the Olsen twins' participation had long been in question. Days after the revival was officially announced on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in late April, they said they had not been made aware of the plan to bring the show back. However, Stamos subsequently called their claim "bullshit" in a tweet that has since been deleted.

The actresses got their start on Full House when they were just nine months old. They quickly turned their notoriety on the show into an empire of direct-to-video movies and specials under their company, Dualstar Entertainment, which was formed in 1993. After Full House ended in 1995, they starred on two other TV short-lived series, Two of a Kind and So Little Time. In recent years, the Olsens have turned their attention to their two fashion lines, The Row and Elizabeth and James.

Ashley has not acted since an uncredited appearance in 2010's I'm Still Here, and Mary-Kate has not acted since 2011's Beastly.

Premiering on Netflix in 2016, the series finds D.J. Tanner-Fuller employed as a vet, pregnant and recently widowed, and living in San Francisco. Stephanie, now an aspiring musician, and single mother Kimmy — along with Kimmy’s feisty teenage daughter, Ramona — all move in to help take care of D.J.’s two boys — the rebellious 12-year-old J.D. and neurotic 7-year-old Max — and her soon-to-arrive baby.

The multicamera comedy hails from Warner Horizon Television, Miller-Boyett Productions and Jeff Franklin Productions. Full House creator Jeff Franklin will return to oversee Fuller House alongside exec producers Boyett and Thomas L. Miller. The series originally aired on ABC from 1987 to 1995.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ebook_20150522
Old 05-22-15, 05:17 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Don't they have a younger sister? Maybe she can do it.
Old 05-22-15, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Honestly I don't find this surprising in the least. I never really expected the Olsens to be back full time on the series and figured if anything they might cameo. I'm sure that Michelle will be written off as having moved away or whatever. They do have a sister Elizabeth (she recently played Scarlet Witch in Avengers: Age of Ultron) but she's a pretty big actress in her own right and doesn't need to step into this role and I doubt she will.
Old 05-22-15, 05:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DJ has a son named JD?
Old 05-22-15, 05:41 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Honestly I don't find this surprising in the least. I never really expected the Olsens to be back full time on the series and figured if anything they might cameo. I'm sure that Michelle will be written off as having moved away or whatever. They do have a sister Elizabeth (she recently played Scarlet Witch in Avengers: Age of Ultron) but she's a pretty big actress in her own right and doesn't need to step into this role and I doubt she will.
Not to say she's high up there in projects or the whatnot but it would be a major step down for her to do something like this considering how she hasn't exactly had the same career as them. That and she's much more known for being a quality actress than her sisters who've been mediocre since always.
Old 05-22-15, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Honestly I don't find this surprising in the least. I never really expected the Olsens to be back full time on the series and figured if anything they might cameo.
I don't think they even wanted them back for the longer series, just the initial "reunion" episode. I'm pretty sure none of the other main cast that is returning are going to be in anything other than the first episode. Only the three returning girls will be part of the main series from what I've read.
Old 05-22-15, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Not to say she's high up there in projects or the whatnot but it would be a major step down for her to do something like this considering how she hasn't exactly had the same career as them. That and she's much more known for being a quality actress than her sisters who've been mediocre since always.
Yeah she's made a good name for herself without having to only be known as the other Olsen sister.

Originally Posted by windom
I don't think they even wanted them back for the longer series, just the initial "reunion" episode. I'm pretty sure none of the other main cast that is returning are going to be in anything other than the first episode. Only the three returning girls will be part of the main series from what I've read.
Well I think there's a better chance of Saget, Coulier, and Stamos being at least recurring guests on the new series. I think for as much fun as they poke at the show they all respect it to some extent and won't fully distance themselves from it. I think the Olsens it was always a long shot since neither of them really has acted in quite a while and seem busy with their fashion line. Plus I get the sense that they probably view themselves as above it now even though they won't outright trash the series.
Old 05-22-15, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I think some minor Grouchowning occurred here.
Old 05-22-15, 09:50 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

What about Nikki and Alex, the twins Uncle jesse had ?
Old 07-17-15, 11:11 AM

On Thursday, the cast of Netflix’s Fuller House was assembling for its first table read — along with a very special surprise guest.

In addition to those actors previously announced, the cast was also joined by none other than Scott Weinger (aka Steve Hale), who happily tweeted a photo of his script — the premiere is called “Our Very First Show (Again),” a nod to the title of the original pilot — for all the world to see:

If you’ve been following the developing saga of Fuller House, Netflix’s revival of the classic sitcom Full House, you’ll know that Weinger’s character is no longer involved with Candace Cameron Bure’s DJ. In fact, DJ is a widowed mother of two — with one more on the way! — when the new show picks up.

So how will DJ and Steve reunite? We’ll have to wait until the show premieres in 2016 to find out — and that should give DJ plenty of time to stock her fridge. (If memory serves, that dude can eat.)
http://tvline.com/2015/07/17/fuller-...-weinger-cast/
Old 07-17-15, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cool that Steve is on board with this. It makes sense to reunite him and DJ in that case. Sort of too bad they didn't just go that route right away rather than copying the premise of Full House with DJ being a widow like her dad but whatever works I guess. Still pretty stoked about this happening, hopefully its good.
Old 07-17-15, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
I wonder if they'll make it super family friendly like the original or if they'll play up to the nostalgia crowd by making it a bit more risque.

If this wasn't coming to Netflix I wouldn't even consider watching it. But since it is, I'll check it out.
As long as family friendly does not mean stupid and preachy. I watched the original as a kid and looking back the goody goody of it annoyed me back then let alone now.
Old 12-17-15, 09:15 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uhInIOKwGXU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The house is full again. Candace Cameron-Bure, Jodie Sweetin, and Andrea Barber are back in Fuller House - coming to Netflix February 26.
Old 12-17-15, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

The Tanners must be f'n loaded after holding onto that real estate.
Old 12-17-15, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

Would you give up a house with magic powers?

It has a mystical portal that creates a doorway to a non-existent 3rd floor where Uncle Jesse and his family live.

These magical portals are rare. The only other reported case was the Brady house, which turned a one-floor ranch into a two-story home with an attic big enough for a bedroom used to hide goats.
Old 12-17-15, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

Teaser would be accurate for sure. Not even a glimpse of what anybody looks like these days. I'm game to check out a few episodes.
Old 12-17-15, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

I really enjoyed the teaser. I'll definitely watch!
Old 01-07-16, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't care about Full House at all but I'll tune in just to see more of Candace Cameron in them jeans
Old 01-07-16, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
The Tanners must be f'n loaded after holding onto that real estate.
For real!
Old 01-07-16, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was it ever revealed what happened to Mrs. Tanner? Maybe she died in a way that led to a massive lawsuit that netted the family a few million?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.