Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Full House Guys Reunite On Fallon - reunion show, "Fuller House" coming to Netflix

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Full House Guys Reunite On Fallon - reunion show, "Fuller House" coming to Netflix

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-14, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts
Re: "Full House" Guys Reunite On Jimmy Fallon

Originally Posted by Goat3001
I guess Stamos finally hit the tipping point of desperation.

It could work if it was self aware enough and turned itself into a playfully cheesy Modern Family.
Stamos has gotten some work though since the show ended. He had a decent run on ER even though it was during the end and when the series wasn't as popular. I think he's had some small film parts too but nothing mainstream.
Old 08-29-14, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Will we get the Episode with a family intervention for Stephanie's Meth Addiction?
Old 04-02-15, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
New Season of Full House Coming to Netflix

Netflix is bringing back the family comedy for a new season...

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58464714/

Netflix is close to ordering a new season of “Full House,” the ABC sitcom that ran from 1987-95 starring John Stamos and Bob Saget, according to a report.

“Full House” could be getting an additional 13-episode season on Netflix, according to TVLine.com. The new show would be called “Fuller House.” Past episodes of the show have aired on Nick at Nite for the last several years.
Old 04-02-15, 05:01 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: New Season of Full House Coming to Netflix

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Netflix is bringing back the family comedy for a new season...

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58464714/
They're a day late. April Fools was yesterday.
Old 04-02-15, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Full House Guys Reunite On Fallon, possible reunion show coming to Netflix

I'd check it out just for pure curiosity. I wonder if they'd actually get either of the Olsen twins to do the show. I like Saget, Stamos, and Coulier but the show itself I can only take so much of.
Old 04-21-15, 07:03 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Re: Full House Guys Reunite On Fallon, possible reunion show coming to Netflix

Now officially a "go" at Netflix.

Everywhere you look… there’s an old TV show coming back to life. In this case, Netflix has ordered a 13-episode revival of Full House, titled Fuller House—though not for the obvious reason.

The multi-camera comedy sequel will focus on original cast members Candace Cameron-Bure, Jodie Sweetin, and Andrea Barber. John Stamos, who will act as a producer, is also slated to guest-star, while discussions with original cast members Bob Saget, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Dave Coulier, and Lori Loughlin are ongoing.

In Fuller House, the adventures of the original series continue on with D.J. Tanner-Fuller (hence the show’s title) now pregnant and recently widowed living in San Francisco. DJ’s younger sister and aspiring musician Stephanie Tanner (Sweetin) and her BFF and fellow single mom Kimmy Gibbler (Barber)—along with Kimmy’s feisty teenage daughter Ramona—all move in to help take of DJ’s two boys, the rebellious J.D., 12, and the neurotic Max, 7.

“As big fans of the original Full House, we are thrilled to be able to introduce Fuller House’s new narrative to existing fans worldwide, who grew up on the original, as well as a new generation of global viewers that have grown up with the Tanners in syndication,” said Cindy Holland, Netflix’s vice president of original content.

In a joint statement, executive producers Robert L. Boyett, Thomas L. Miller, and Jeff Franklin said: “The continued support of Full House fans of all ages for the last 28 years has been astounding. It is an honor and a thrill to catch up with these beloved characters and explore their lives today. The love you saw on the show was real. The cast has remained a loving family off screen all these years. We are as excited as our fans to finally bring Full House back to life.”

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aSRC2KLNkd4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/21...-house-revival
Old 04-21-15, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Full House Guys Reunite On Fallon - reunion show, "Fuller House" coming to Netfli

Kimmy has a teenage daughter? I knew she'd put out.
Old 04-21-15, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Full House Guys Reunite On Fallon - reunion show, "Fuller House" coming to Netfli

I wonder if they'll make it super family friendly like the original or if they'll play up to the nostalgia crowd by making it a bit more risque.

If this wasn't coming to Netflix I wouldn't even consider watching it. But since it is, I'll check it out.
Old 04-21-15, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm in for this. Hopefully Saget and Coulier are regulars though. I would think they would be since they all are seemingly friends in real life. I'm curious if they'll actually get the Olsen twins at all. I don't see why other cast members wouldn't return as none of them are really doing much now.

The idea of DJ being a widow like her father is a bit cliche but I guess whatever. I wonder if Steve was her husband killed overseas or if it'll be a different character.
Old 04-21-15, 11:40 AM

Different character since DJ's last name is "Fuller" and Steve's was Hale.
Old 04-21-15, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

anything to get candace cameron back on tv.
Old 04-21-15, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Looking forward to the intervention episode for Stephaines Crystal Meth addiction.
Old 04-21-15, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Looking forward to seeing if Jodie looks worse or better than this:

Spoiler:
Old 04-21-15, 12:56 PM

That was only like a year ago.
Old 04-21-15, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey, I don't date the pictures, I just (Go)ogle them. She has good and bad pics, recent and past. I just picked out one that seemed about average.
Old 04-21-15, 01:58 PM

Old 04-21-15, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, and by the way, that pic is from an event back in 2007.
Old 04-21-15, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by The Infidel
Hey, I don't date the pictures...
Then why are you holding those roses?
Old 04-21-15, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 04-21-15, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I think of original series from the likes of HBO, Amazon, and Netflix I think of appointment quality TV shows, not TGIF filler shows.

PS. I missed this thread originally but it was funny seeing posts from a year ago talk about how none of the women were involved and now it's the women making the show and most of the guys are yet to be involved.
Old 04-22-15, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
anything to get candace cameron back on tv.
I'm amazed that she's 39 now and 40 when this reboot airs.

Candace Cameron Bure has been around. She didn't just disappear off the planet after this show ended. She's guest starred in a lot of TV movies and did stuff for the Hallmark channel, ABC Family and Lifetime.
Old 04-22-15, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
I wonder if they'll make it super family friendly like the original or if they'll play up to the nostalgia crowd by making it a bit more risque.

If this wasn't coming to Netflix I wouldn't even consider watching it. But since it is, I'll check it out.

I think they will make it a bit family friendly with nostalgia thrown in. They will probably bring up Kimmy's had habits that were always mentioned on the original show. Netflix is probably hoping to have similar success to what Disney Channel is having with Girl Meets World.
Old 04-22-15, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The one thing about this that sort of stinks (although it isn't completely unexpected) is that the main characters from the original aside from DJ, Stephanie, and Kimmy and their respective children will seemingly be the main focus. Sounds like the other cast members will start out on a reunion type episode and then spinoff into a series about the girls and their kids. I hope that we get at least a decent amount of the main three guys as that's the main reason I'd want to watch it.
Old 04-22-15, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket1312
Wow. So much outrage over a skit on a late night show. As far as the 3 leads being desperate, while I have no idea what Coulier is up to, Saget and Stamos are probably doing just fine for themselves.
I think Coulier is still getting gone down on in a theater and most likely with someone who makes an excellent mother.
Old 04-22-15, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
No way would Full House work again on the big 4 networks since it is too cheesy and audiences are too sophisticated now.
I suppose that's why repetitive procedural based shows like CSI dominate the ratings.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.