Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments (Freeform) - Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-16, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts
Re: Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments (Freeform) - Series Thread

Season one was trashy, teen fun. A couple of wonky sub-plots that I expect to be smoothed out in the new season.
Old 12-25-16, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

(More generally).

Heh.

It seems like the new strategy for a failed teen scifi/fantasy movie series, is to convert it into a tv series.

https://www.salon.com/2016/07/24/the...hy_it_matters/
http://www.newseveryday.com/articles...s-thoughts.htm
Old 01-03-17, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

After binge watching most of the 1st season (12 episodes) over the last week, I finally caught up in time for the premiere last night.

Decent start. They've continued the story with Jace being pressured to work with his evil father.

I am curious why it appeared that Jocelyn wanted to kill Jace in that final scene before Clary stopped her.

One thing I am not a fan of is the really forced gay pairing of Magnus and Alec. That whole thing just feels so forced.

Also didn't realize that the actor who plays Alec is Alexandra Daddario's brother until I recognized the last night in the credits.
Old 02-01-17, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Clary's new power is cool but Hollywood writers are much too fond of stupid "let's keep secrets" plotlines.
Old 03-16-17, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What happened? Series canceled? Looks like a total reset.
Old 03-16-17, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by randian
What happened? Series canceled? Looks like a total reset.
It's a 20 episode season, so no. The 2nd half premieres this summer (June 5)
Old 03-17-17, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought the first half of season two was poor outside of one or two cool moments. The writers keep trying to make this an ensemble show but half of the characters are deadweight that should be cut.
Old 03-17-17, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I know someone that's a fan of the books and they enjoyed season one yet are not thrilled with season two so far.
Old 04-21-17, 11:07 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Renewed for Season 3: http://tvline.com/2017/04/21/shadowh...on-3-freeform/
Old 04-21-17, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dex14
Yay!
Old 06-05-17, 05:31 AM

"Shadowhunters" returns for the second half of season two on MONDAY, JUNE 5 (8:00 - 9:00 p.m. EDT), with Shadowhunters and Downworlders reeling from what happened at the New York Institute in the winter finale. As the rift between the two sides grows larger, the team and their Downworld friends and lovers are put in the middle of the dangerous divide. Torn between the Clave's rules and what they feel is right, Clary, Jace, Alec and Isabelle struggle to help forge a new beginning. Relationships will be tested, a new Shadowhunter named Sebastian will join the fray and the Seelie Queen will step out of the shadows in the summer season.
Old 06-07-17, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I watch this show with someone that reads the books......*sigh* I understand it's annoying when people are out of character as for changes you from the book..it's just going to happen and hearing that's not in the book every other line gets annoying. I NEVER do that with Walking Dead side from telling someone how it's different. I'm not really saying it as a negative. I want things to be different to some degree so I don't know whats going to happen.
Old 08-14-17, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wonder if Clary will be paying that "price" Jace mentioned. A deal with the Seelie Queen can't be good for anybody but the Queen. I guess "mother" will be Season 3's big bad.
Old 01-19-18, 01:35 PM

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_ZYLcxIk8A0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-19-18, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They had Katherine McNamara heavily promoting her new movie during the season premiere of Beyond.
Old 03-20-18, 06:55 AM

In the season three premiere of "Shadowhunters," secrets abound as the Shadowhunters and Downworlders try to get back to normal after Valentine's death. Clary struggles with keeping her secret about Raziel's wish, while Alec pushes Jace to come clean about whatever Jace and Clary are hiding. Luke must use tough love to keep his secret hidden from Ollie who is on the warpath for answers. Magnus hides his true feelings about his new position in the Warlock community from Alec. Meanwhile, Lilith sets a plan in motion in New York City as Simon spends time in the Seelie Court.
Old 03-20-18, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Sounds like the whole season will be about everyone just keeping secrets from everyone until they come out anyways and blow up in their face for pointlessly keeping it a secret in the first place. Never really understood the whole reason people on shows like this don't tell their friends or family that they trust stuff that would put them in danger. The only reason not to is to drag it all out from a story prospective, but then that's just seems like lazy writing to try to make a weak story last all season.

For book readers: How far off from the books has this series drifted by now?
Old 03-21-18, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks like they got a budget increase.
Old 05-02-18, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can totally believe a food truck from the St Lawrence market is located on the Jersey shore
Old 05-06-18, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They threw Clary from a five-story building, landing on a car, and she was fully recovered by the next scene.
Old 05-06-18, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
They threw Clary from a five-story building, landing on a car, and she was fully recovered by the next scene.
Been awhile but in season 1 they made it clear shadowhunters were tougher than normal people. This is why they can trade blows with creatures that are much stronger than humans.
Old 05-06-18, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I just assumed that Simon fed her vampire blood and that is why she called him to help her.
Old 05-06-18, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mysteryfan
I just assumed that Simon fed her vampire blood and that is why she called him to help her.
That actor was on After Buzz and they talked about this. These vampires don't heal people with their blood. That is from True Blood.
Old 05-06-18, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
These vampires don't heal people with their blood. That is from True Blood.
And Vampire Diaries. Still, she was so injured she had a lot of bleeding and could barely move. Not even a broken bone or a scar in the next scene.
Old 06-05-18, 10:40 AM

Freeform is closing the doors of the New York Institute earlier than expected: Shadowhunters won’t return for a fourth season, TVLine has learned.

The supernatural drama will wrap things up in the spring of 2019 with a 12-episode run — aka Season 3B, titled Shadowhunters: The Final Hunt — that will include a two-hour series finale event.

Season to date, Shadowhunters is averaging barely 400,000 total weekly viewers, down sharply from Season 2 and ranking fifth ranking all current Freeform programs.

“We are very proud of Shadowhunters, a series that broke new ground in the genre world and became a fan favorite,” the network said in a statement. “However, along with our partners at Constantin, we reached the very difficult decision not to renew the show for a fourth season. But as big supporters and fans ourselves, Freeform insisted on and championed the filming of a special two-part finale that would give devoted fans a proper ending.”

Based on the Mortal Instruments novels by Cassandra Clare, Shadowhunters starred Katherine McNamara as Clary Fray, an aspiring artist who learns she’s a human-angel hybrid destined to help protect the New York City streets from all manner of creatures that go bump in the night. The series also starred Dominic Sherwood, Alberto Rosende, Matthew Daddario, Emeraude Toubia, Alisha Wainwright, Isaiah Mustafa and Harry Shum, Jr.

Shadowhunters wrapped the first half of its third season in May with a fiery finale that ended with the team believing Clary to be dead. (For what it’s worth, executive producer Todd Slavkin confirmed to TVLine that McNamara will remain on the show, hinting that “the fact that Jonathan’s hand grabbed her from that coffin means something moving forward.”)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.