DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Following (S3E03) -- "Exposed" -- 3/16/15 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/625762-following-s3e03-exposed-3-16-15-a.html)

DJariya 03-16-15 02:14 PM

The Following (S3E03) -- "Exposed" -- 3/16/15

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote...4_f_hires1.jpg

RYAN EXPOSES A SHOCKING REVELATION ON AN ALL-NEW "THE FOLLOWING" MONDAY, MARCH 16, ON FOX

After a devastating loss, Ryan, Weston and Max aim to hunt down who is responsible and make them pay, leading Ryan to take a risk with deadly consequences. Meanwhile, Mark questions the loyalty of Kyle (guest star Hunter Parrish) and Daisy (guest star Ruth Kearney), causing tensions to rise amongst the group in the all-new "Exposed" episode of THE FOLLOWING airing Monday, March 16 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FOL-303) (TV-14 L, S, V)

Cast: Kevin Bacon as Ryan Hardy; James Purefoy as Joe Carroll; Shawn Ashmore as Agent Mike Weston; Jessica Stroup as Max Hardy; Sam Underwood as Mark; Zuleikha Robinson as Gwen

Guest Cast: Paul Fitzgerald as Warren; Hina Abdullah as Paula; Ruth Kearney as Daisy; Hunter Parrish as Kyle; Valerie Cruz as Agent Mendez; Glenn Fleshler as Glenn; Gbenga Akinnagbe as Tom; Joy Osmanski as Anna; Kristen Bush as Dawn; Gerry Bamman as Charles; Anna Wood as Julianna; April Hernandez-Castillo as Louise; Afton Williamson as Haley; Jayce Bartok as Wyatt

Episode 3 of 15

Deftones 03-17-15 12:16 AM

Re: The Following (S3E03) -- "Exposed" -- 3/16/15

I wonder where they are gong with the married couple and their surveillance of Max.

DJariya 03-17-15 08:59 AM

Some pretty gruesome kills here including Mark killing that reporter.

Will be interesting to see what the couple has in store for Max.

:lol: at the Indian chick running up the stairs. Yeah that's the best way to escape.

MikahC 03-17-15 05:45 PM

I think we can all agree this has never been the most realistic show, but this episode specifically seemed to be going for new levels of stupidity all around. Whatever that magical line is for suspension of disbelief, this episode not only nudged me past it, but kept the pedal floored to make sure I was so far from getting back as to give up. I mean, most glass in a low rise isn't tempered. If my life depended on it and I escaped and saw someone walking in the street outside the place I was being kept prisoner, how in the world could I not break the window if it won't open? No, just keep struggling until the bad guys catch up and grab you. I would have rathered he catch her on the stairs.

But that wasn't the only moment. It just went on and on. For instance, when Boxer (the guy who puts people in boxes) manages to get away (no doubt able to outrun Ryan due to his exceptional physical condition) in a car, Ryan just effectively stands in the street in a "drat" pose after he can't shoot the escaping vehicle. Really? It's bad enough you didn't bring half the NYC police force with you in the first place (yes, they will provide support for FBI operations), but at least when the guy gets away, you should immediately be on the phone and running to your own car to provide pursuit. (No, they didn't do this... instead, the episode implied they knew where his home was, so they eventually went there to catch him).

Really, just wall to wall stupid to the point of irritating. I haven't been affected so negatively by an episode of this show for awhile. I'd reached a nice little equilibrium with The Following; I agree not to think too much, and they agree not to be exceedingly stupid. They let me down. The only way this episode worked is if you could go way past not thinking too much to not thinking at all.

45shooter 03-17-15 07:21 PM

Yeah, it was pretty stupid but in a kind of dull, pedestrian stupid, This season lacks the over-the-top, spectacular brain dead stupid of the first season and is even toned down from the stupid of the second season stupidity dialback. Regarding some of the incidents mentioned, I bet there was a nationwide chorus of "Break the window, you idiot!" during the Indian woman scene. The Boxer scenes were, in a way, hilarious. These three skinny FBI agents can't run down a fat guy - even when he's pushing a wheelchair. Poor Ryan, always a day late and a dollar short. And doesn't Ford put airbags in SUV's? My favorite dose of dumb tonight was the GPS tracking . No sense in alerting every local cop in the vicinity as to where the escaping cop killer is so they can closely surround the guy and possibly take him alive, is there?

PhantomStranger 03-17-15 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by 45shooter (Post 12425588)
Yeah, it was pretty stupid but in a kind of dull, pedestrian stupid, This season lacks the over-the-top, spectacular brain dead stupid of the first season and is even toned down from the stupid of the second season stupidity dialback.

That was exactly what I came here to mention. It is deadly apparent that almost every spark of creative talent behind the show's first two seasons has left. This season has featured some of the dullest, most boring serial killers. The entire writing formula has changed and it's a different, far lesser show.

I dropped it as a priority and will now fastforward through the episodes in big chunks.

Shannon Nutt 03-20-15 09:03 AM

When that reporter got caught in the room, I thought they might kill her by throwing her OUT the window, but I guess that would have given their location away...still, it would have been entertaining. :)

I hope they dispose of the twin soon...he's the least interesting villain on the show. I like the couple though.

PhantomStranger 03-20-15 03:36 PM

Mark is not that interesting as a villain, I guess he's a placeholder until Joe returns.

Shannon Nutt 03-20-15 04:24 PM

The ratings are just god-awful this season. I hope we get a satisfying conclusion, because this show ain't coming back. :(