DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Justified (S6E08) -- "Dark As a Dungeon" -- 3/10/15 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/625667-justified-s6e08-dark-dungeon-3-10-15-a.html)

DJariya 03-10-15 02:48 PM

Justified (S6E08) -- "Dark As a Dungeon" -- 3/10/15

http://www.thetvjunkies.com/wp-conte...204_hires1.jpg

Episode 8 / Production #608 - "Dark As a Dungeon" (Airs March 10, 10:00 pm e/p) - Raylan extends an unexpected offer to Markham. Boyd and Ava find themselves in Walker's dangerous company. Written by Chris Provenzano & VJ Boyd; directed by Gwyneth Horder-Payton.

Episode 8 of 13

Cellar Door 03-10-15 05:48 PM

Re: Justified (S6E08) -- "Dark As a Dungeon" -- 3/10/15

Should be interesting to see what happens with Ava now. Is she really on Boyd's side now, or is she just playing the long game and trying to stay alive? Will Boyd use her to feed false info to Raylan? Will Raylan catch on?

phantom_azazel 03-10-15 10:32 PM

we should play doubles sometime!

Deftones 03-10-15 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cellar Door (Post 12419245)
Should be interesting to see what happens with Ava now. Is she really on Boyd's side now, or is she just playing the long game and trying to stay alive? Will Boyd use her to feed false info to Raylan? Will Raylan catch on?

Looks like we got our answers.

Fist of Doom 03-10-15 10:46 PM

"And how was she interred?"
"I wasn't around, but I guarantee he put her in the cheapest shit possible."
"And your father?"
"I put him in the cheapest shit possible."
:lol:

Ropes Pierre 03-11-15 12:00 AM

:thumbsup: to walker quoting Heat to Boyd in the kitchen.

I think it ended now, it is tied for best season with 2. The dialogue continues to be sharp and funny, "you shot me in the back" 'you wanted me to shoot you in the front you should have run AT me'

right now i am not sure who is lying to whom, and what the endgame is going to be.

i am going to miss this show.

Dave99 03-11-15 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre (Post 12419569)

As soon as he said that, I was like, didn't al pacino say that in heat?

Didn't like how it appeared raylan still didn't get that boyd was going to drop the safe like the truck in The Italian Job, after seeing the dynamite and hearing the blasting while in the safe room. Wish they would have had him understand it then, not needing to hear it from ava.

Some excellent dialog in this one though.

And I'm also not sure what the end game is. Obviously if you know how & why boyd is going for the safe, it's not hard to catch him in the act. You just sit and wait with a bunch of marshals. It's almost like raylan wants him to either succeed, or have markham and boyd kill each other off, or he wants to catch boyd himself and kill him. That line ava said to him about the breeze blowing different growing up (or something like that) and he'd be a gangster himself is sticking with me.

Jackskeleton 03-11-15 12:33 AM

I'm in the camp that this tour of Harlan isn't really catching my attention. Some sharp dialogue but the season still feels a bit of a mess.

wirefan 03-11-15 03:27 AM

Liked the deal with Markam. Especially Raylan showing up with Boyd to collect the 100K.

Good to see that Raylan isn't completely clueless and realizes Ava is probably burned; was kind of wondering how they were going to play that out and it's good to see they don't just give the character stupid pills.

Originally Posted by Dave99 (Post 12419577)
And I'm also not sure what the end game is. Obviously if you know how & why boyd is going for the safe, it's not hard to catch him in the act. You just sit and wait with a bunch of marshals. It's almost like raylan wants him to either succeed, or have markham and boyd kill each other off, or he wants to catch boyd himself and kill him. That line ava said to him about the breeze blowing different growing up (or something like that) and he'd be a gangster himself is sticking with me.

Was curious about that myself. At this point they could just sit on the mine or the pizza parlor, or both. I do think Raylan wants something other than simply catching Boyd in the act. Wondering if this comes full circle with the first episode with Raylan giving Boyd 24 hours to leave at some point (and then setting up on him in the mine or the pizza parlor, knowing Boyd won't pass on it).

Jackskeleton 03-11-15 06:46 AM

Could also come full circle with Raylan and Boyd ending their relationship in a mine shaft, much like how they essentially grew their relationship.

uteotw 03-11-15 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre (Post 12419569)

What was the quote? I missed it somehow.

DJLinus 03-11-15 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom (Post 12419521)
"And how was she interred?"
"I wasn't around, but I guarantee he put her in the cheapest shit possible."
"And your father?"
"I put him in the cheapest shit possible."
:lol:

There was some really great lines and exchanges tonight. This show has some of the best dialogue on TV.

"You're a great lawyer. All the best ones have ponytails." :lol:

Thanks for spoiling the ending of Moby Dick, Boyd. You saved me the trouble of reading that doorstop. :)

I'm going to be sad to see this show end, but at least it's going out while it's still good. I haven't chimed in on any of these threads this season and it's probably been discussed when he first showed up, but Sam Elliott looks totally different without his mustache. In all these years I don't think I've ever seen him clean shaven.

Michael T Hudson 03-11-15 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by uteotw (Post 12419760)
What was the quote? I missed it somehow.

Basically this.

Neil McCauley: You see me doin' thrill-seeker liquor store holdups with a "Born to Lose" tattoo on my chest?

slop101 03-12-15 03:26 PM

I was dying at Hale and Duffy's non-verbal reaction to Mike getting excited about maybe playing tennis with her.

Ropes Pierre 03-12-15 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dave99 (Post 12419577)

based on what you said, i wonder what are the odds Raylan wants boyd to get away with it (51/49?)

i recall Art saying raylan was a good lawman but a lousy marshal. running with that thought, what if raylan got involved in this "get boyd" task force to help him while making sure no one innocent gets hurt. essentially saying who cares if an outlaw robs a drug running murderer? maybe he doesn't want to admit that to himself. i am recalling the amount of times raylan has said why he has a soft spot for boyd, we dug coal together.

Jackskeleton 03-12-15 07:49 PM

More to the point, Boyd saved his life digging coal together. I still think it ends with them killing one another.

DaveNinja 03-13-15 11:34 AM

it will be kind of disappointing if they dont face off in the mine. it seems like thats the whole reason to have the mine this season