DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Banshee (S3E09) -- "Even God Doesn't Know What to Make of You" -- 3/6/15 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/625532-banshee-s3e09-even-god-doesnt-know-what-make-you-3-6-15-a.html)

DJariya 03-06-15 07:58 PM

Banshee (S3E09) -- "Even God Doesn't Know What to Make of You" -- 3/6/15

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...42779809_o.jpg

Lucas (Antony Starr) recalls the history of his friendship with Job (Hoon Lee), while pondering the future - if there indeed will be one. Proctor (Ulrich Thomsen) and Emily (Tanya Clarke) pay the price for Rebecca's (Lili Simmons) recklessness. Carrie (Ivana Milicevic) and Gordon (Rus Blackwell) pick up the pieces of their shattered relationship. Stowe (Langley Kirkwood) and Leo (Dennis Flanagan) land a big fish. Bunker (Tom Pelphrey) reconnects with his skinhead past. Deva (Ryann Shane) gets a lesson about crime and punishment.

Written by Jennifer Ames & Steve Turner; directed by Loni Peristere.

Episode 9 of 10

Next week is unfortunately the season finale. Damn, these weeks went by fast!!! Imagine when it's only 8 episodes next season.

Deftones 03-07-15 10:53 AM

Re: Banshee (S3E10) -- "Even God Doesn't Know What to Make of You" -- 3/6/15

Interesting. So now Hood has to go all commando to get the crew back. I still wonder how they tie it all up and make the move. Doesn't seem like they can to stick around town after all the shit goes down.

Ropes Pierre 03-07-15 09:28 PM

Re: Banshee (S3E09) -- "Even God Doesn't Know What to Make of You" -- 3/6/15

we now know Hood was impregnated with super soldier serum sometime before he met Job, as he could run three miles with a bullet wound and not even breathe hard.

i think Hood takes the mayor on a rescue mission. he proved he can kick ass, is a retired Marine, and would do it for carrie. maybe they bond over it and stay married, or he is all fuck this noise with you and crime and goes for the divorce.

no idea what this shows endgame is for Kai. last season big bad, or rebecca takes over for him somehow. i was sad he burned his mothers hankie, and see he is now no more mister sentiment.

i found it slightly unbelievable burton didn't have a mac 10 with him for the rescue. he carried one in the meeting where Rebs shot the guys son in the knees and all hell broke loose.

i now believe Deva/ "Dana Brody" gets killed at the end of the series. no one gets a happy ending and hood must lose everyone.

DJariya 03-09-15 12:33 AM

Wow, Hood vs Stowe and his entire crew in the finale. That should be a doozy. The preview looked pretty insane.

Maybe for next week's thread, I'll do a poll on who may die in the finale. I have to believe that someone ain't making it. Cinemax didn't announce a final cast list for season 4. Considering Sugar's age and lack of physical skills, I think he's a prime candidate.

Also, we have a B plot with Proctor probably getting revenge on Mr. Frazier and the remainder of his crew. Proctor looked pissed and I loved it when he blew off Brock's ex after he escaped.

barelypure 03-09-15 08:57 AM

Except if Sugar dies how does that change the dynamics? His bar provides the perfect planning venue for their escapades. Besides we've already had "the black guy" dies scenario, unless there's supposed to one each season.
If Gordon does go with Lucas to rescue Carrie I can see him dying. I'm not sure he plays a needed role anyway. Besides if the 2nd mayor of Banshee dies it won't even raise the eyebrows of any Feds.
I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas didn't enlist Kai with a promise to help him against Frasier.

uteotw 03-09-15 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by barelypure (Post 12417208)
I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas didn't enlist Kai with a promise to help him against Frasier.

Now that sounds like a great finale. Hood's going to need the help, and if Kai brings Burton along, well, I like the odds.

Phodg 03-09-15 01:59 PM

I don't see Rebecca getting out of this season alive. Shame, but they have no problem killing hot chicks off on this show.

DJariya 03-09-15 02:10 PM

Gordon getting killed off would have some pretty damning after effects. It would devastate Carrie, who is trying to get back with him and also kill off the man who raised Deva. And I think Carrie would blame Hood for it. That could be another possibility.

robin2099 03-09-15 06:43 PM

I actually think that Carrie's a good candidate. Her dying will probably push Deva more towards Hood as well as piss off Gordon and make him try and go after Hood in some way. Sugar dying won't change the dynamic and Jobe can't die because they always need a super hacker in these types of shows.

Deftones 03-09-15 06:51 PM

it won't be a main character. it'll be a secondary character. gordon is a good vote. they've somewhat redeemed him this year from being an alcoholic womanizer, so it wouldn't surprise me if they offed him.

Josh-da-man 03-10-15 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by robin2099 (Post 12418002)
I actually think that Carrie's a good candidate. Her dying will probably push Deva more towards Hood as well as piss off Gordon and make him try and go after Hood in some way. Sugar dying won't change the dynamic and Jobe can't die because they always need a super hacker in these types of shows.

I agree about Carrie.

She hasn't really had much to do this season except serve coffee at a diner. Her storyline with Rabbit is over. Looks like she's picked Gordon over Lucas, so that triangle is over.

Having her get killed off would provide a lot of conflict between Gordon and Hood, and also pit them against each other over who gets to be Deva's father.

Sugar is also kind of superfluous at this point, her pretty much only provides the gang a secret base to operate out of.

lewisb73 03-10-15 12:01 PM

If one suspends disbelief, the show is really enjoyable in its over the top nature... just look at last episode with Chayton's face being blown up, the mess it would make and the sound too of a shotgun blast

I don't see how Kai would help Hood after Hood left him to get killed either

... I really hope Rebecca doesn't get killed off, she is my favorite of the hot female characters, but she really fucked up

I can't wait to see how this season is resolved