DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Dig (USA) -- S: Isaacs, Heche, Ambrose -- Season 1 Thread -- Starts 3/5/15 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/625512-dig-usa-s-isaacs-heche-ambrose-season-1-thread-starts-3-5-15-a.html)

DJariya 03-05-15 02:09 PM

Dig (USA) -- S: Isaacs, Heche, Ambrose -- Season 1 Thread -- Starts 3/5/15

http://d1oi7t5trwfj5d.cloudfront.net...c27cc2/dig.jpg

THURSDAY, MARCH 5

DIG - "Pilot" - 10pm/9c *Series Premiere with Limited Commercials*

An action thriller, DIG tells the story of a murder mystery set against the backdrop of modern day Jerusalem, a city shrouded in ancient intrigue. FBI agent Peter Connelly (Jason Isaacs) has had his fair share of heartbreak. Anxious to leave his personal demons behind, Peter takes a job stationed in Israel under the guidance of his new boss, and occasional lover, Lynn Monahan (Anne Heche). When he sets out to solve the murder of a young American, Peter soon finds himself embroiled in an international mystery that delves into the Holy Land's darkest secrets. What he discovers is a conspiracy thousands of years in-the-making that threatens to change the course of history. While Peter races to figure out what it all means, he quickly finds that he may not be the only one searching for answers.

The series also stars David Costabile, Richard E. Grant, Regina Taylor, Lauren Ambrose, Alison Sudol, Omar Metwally and Ori Pfeffer.

10 episode season. Originally was 6, but USA extended it when they delayed the show to 2015.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MKYh8V0GFUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mwbmis 03-05-15 03:08 PM

Re: Dig (USA) -- S: Isaacs, Heche, Ambrose -- Season 1 Thread -- Starts 3/5/15

The reviews have been mixed to poor, but Isaacs is enough to get me to at least sample it.

stingermck 03-06-15 10:59 AM

Anybody watch this? I recorded it, but havent yet.

Timber 03-06-15 11:31 AM

The show with the annoying promos every 5 minutes on USA? I glad it's finally airing so I don't have to see any more of them.

HN 03-06-15 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Timber (Post 12415263)
The show with the annoying promos every 5 minutes on USA? I glad it's finally airing so I don't have to see any more of them.

it may have won the award for most obnoxious ad last night -- the screen got static-y on whatever i was watching but i could still hear the sound. then a fullscreen ad for Dig materialized through the static (but with the sound of whatever i was watching in the background so it was still playing). and finally ad goes static-y again and disappears with the original program still in progress.

wtf Dig?

Jadzia 03-06-15 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by stingermck (Post 12415234)
Anybody watch this? I recorded it, but havent yet.

I watched it and it was one of the weirder shows I have seen. I didn't know much about it going in, and I wasn't sure what to expect. I couldn't figure out what exactly it was trying to do, but I think I liked it? I'll definitely tune in again. Lots of people in the cast I recognize.

I have no idea what is happening with the crazy people in the compound and the little boy, but I am intrigued.

whotony 03-06-15 04:39 PM

Watched it, liked it, don't know where it's headed, will continue to tune in.

Flave 03-06-15 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia (Post 12415296)
I have no idea what is happening with the crazy people in the compound and the little boy, but I am intrigued.

I wasn't going to spoiler this as it's pure speculation on my part but I may have gotten an element or two right so I think I will spoiler it.

Spoiler:
The important thing in this episode is the red calf (actually, red heifer). Both Christianity and Judaism refer to a red heifer purification ritual. In this case I'm guessing the pure boy (he was useless once to touch unconsecrated ground) and the pure water of that pool near the Temple Mount will play important roles in this ritual. I believe that the conspirators want to use this ritual to purify the Temple Mount and thus usher in the fulfillment of the Biblical end of days prophecy. According to this prophecy the Temple can only be rebuilt on the Temple Mount after the site has been purified. (Of course the Islamic world will be more than a tad upset.) The rebuilding of the Temple will then signal the return of Christ (according to Christian prophecy) and/or the beginning of the Messianic era (according to Jewish prophecy). And this is why the two groups of Christian and Jewish conspirators are working together -- they both want to see their prophecies fulfilled.

Definitely want to see where they take this.

PhantomStranger 03-06-15 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia (Post 12415296)
I watched it and it was one of the weirder shows I have seen. I didn't know much about it going in, and I wasn't sure what to expect. I couldn't figure out what exactly it was trying to do, but I think I liked it? I'll definitely tune in again. Lots of people in the cast I recognize.

I had very similar thoughts on these two episodes. Definitely one of the weirder vibes I've seen from a pilot meant to introduce a series. My attention was drifting by the end, I assume the mystery will revolve around some kind of religious ceremony meant to invoke or start the Apocalypse.

I am usually into these kinds of religious thrillers but I wasn't particularly drawn to any one character, which I think is the fault of Dig's writers.

I will check out the rest of the series if others here report it's great.

DJariya 03-10-15 03:35 AM

I watched the Pilot tonight. It was a little bloated at 83 minutes. But they were probably aiming it to be movie-like since it was shot on location in Jerusalem. I believe they were supposed to shoot the initial 6 episode order there until the violence happened and they had to move filming.

Anyways, I really don't know what to make of it. There were parts I liked and parts that were a little convoluted & lost me. It was part conspiracy thriller, action thriller and they even threw in a little Indiana Jones and the Da Vinci Code. The religion compound stuff kind of lost me.

Conspiracy thrillers, let alone religion/apocalypse thrillers are a really hard sell to the masses. I think this series will be 1 and done to be perfectly honest.

I did watch the behind the scenes featurette on the USA website and Tim Kring and Gideon Raff was really hard selling the mystery element. They also said the show was shot in location in Norway and New Mexico as well.

Jadzia 03-10-15 08:33 AM

Did anyone else think the archeology girl that was murdered was some kind of plant? The way she came on to him and drew him in just seemed a bit forced and not random. Like she wanted to set him up for something.

Also, icky that she reminded him of his dead daughter.

SmithsGuy 03-10-15 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia (Post 12418443)
Did anyone else think the archeology girl that was murdered was some kind of plant? The way she came on to him and drew him in just seemed a bit forced and not random. Like she wanted to set him up for something.

After she turned out to be real (our first thought was hallucination), then plant was our second thought as well.

So now that they skinny-dipped in the pool, is it no longer pure? :)
(Also, did the conspirators build a wall overnight or was he in the wrong tunnel? The carved initials looked to be in the wrong place ... )

45shooter 03-10-15 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia (Post 12418443)

Again, especially since they went skinny dipping together and he kissed her back in a decidedly nonpaternal manner. Although he did pull back.

van der graaf 03-10-15 09:55 PM

It wouldn't be biblical without some incest thrown in.

mnementh 03-13-15 03:33 PM

I suspect I'll have to rewatch the series when it's over to catch all the little details. For example, Josh (the kid in New Mexico) has a coloring book and colors in the red gem in a picture of the breastplate.

Eric F 03-22-15 07:40 PM

Anyone still watching?

I find the show pretty interesting, especially since it's set in different locales. As I understand it it's the first show shot almost entirely in Israel.

meritocracy 03-22-15 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 12429899)
As I understand it it's the first show shot almost entirely in Israel.

They shot the pilot in Israel and reuse aspects of it in other episodes, however, they subsequently moved production to New Mexico with some additional work in Croatia due to events in Gaza last year.

Rex Fenestrarum 03-23-15 01:14 PM

It didn't hit me until I was halfway through the pilot that "Emma Wilson" (Alison Sudol) is better known to many as A Fine Frenzy. In my defense, her last album wasn't that good, so she's largely been out of my mind since Bomb in a Birdcage from 2009.

mnementh 05-09-15 07:10 AM

Geesh, didn't anyone watch season 1 all the way through?

whotony 05-09-15 10:19 AM

I have it all in my dvr.

Kdogg 05-09-15 01:09 PM

I still have the last two episodes. I enjoy the show for what it is but I'm a sucker for this type of show.

sven 05-09-15 01:36 PM

I watched but I still haven't seen the finale. Not in any hurry after they

Spoiler:
killed Cohen.

randian 05-10-15 01:13 PM

Is this one and done or will there be a another season?

Eric F 05-10-15 05:50 PM

I just saw the final episode. From what I saw I don't see how there could be another season.

dave94 05-10-15 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 12477816)
I just saw the final episode. From what I saw I don't see how there could be another season.

I enjoyed it for the most part, but yeah, not sure if they planned for multiple seasons or where they would go with it.