DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   CSI: Cyber (CBS) -- S: Arquette, Danson -- Series Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/625456-csi-cyber-cbs-s-arquette-danson-series-thread.html)

DJariya 03-04-15 09:22 AM

CSI: Cyber (CBS) -- S: Arquette, Danson -- Series Thread

http://www.csifiles.com/content/wp-c...8_D_1312b2.jpg

SPECIAL AGENT AVERY RYAN AND HER TEAM OF FBI CYBER ANALYSTS INVESTIGATE A CASE OF HACKED BABY MONITORS, ON THE SERIES PREMIERE OF "CSI: CYBER," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 4

Emmy Award, Golden Globe Award and Academy Award Nominated Patricia Arquette, James Van Der Beek, Peter MacNicol, Charlie Koontz, Shad Moss and Haley Kiyoko Star

"Kidnapping 2.0" - Special agent Avery Ryan and her team of FBI cyber analysts investigate a case of hacked baby monitors, on the series premiere of CSI: CYBER, Wednesday, March 4 (10:00-11:00, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

CSI: CYBER is a drama inspired by the advanced technological work of real-life Cyber Psychologist Mary Aiken. Special Agent Avery Ryan heads the Cyber Crime Division of the FBI, a unit at the forefront of solving illegal activities that start in the mind, live online and play out in the real world. While other FBI agents search for criminals in dark homes and alleys, Ryan and her team search the "dark net," a place deep in the bowels of the Web where criminals are anonymous, money is untraceable and where everything is for sale with just a keystroke.

REGULAR CAST:

Patricia Arquette (Agent Avery Ryan) James Van Der Beek (Agent Elijah Mundo) Peter MacNicol (Asst. Dep. Dir. Simon Sifter) Charley Koontz (Agent Daniel Krumitz) Shad Moss (Brody Nelson) Hayley Kiyoko (Raven Ramirez)

GUEST CAST:

Michael Irby (Navy Cap. David Ortega M.D.) Susan May Pratt (Fran Reynolds) Kenneth Mitchell (Steve Reynolds) Rae Gray (Hooded Figure/Vicky McDale) Nelson Lee (Detective Cho) Brady Smith (Bill Hookstraten) Jake Richardson (Ricky Scaggs) James Sayess (Saudi Bidder) Jim Boeven (German Bidder) Rustom Cyrus (System Administrator) Judah Lewis (Denny Metz) Pavllo Zengo (Kovach) Mo Darwiche (Vovan) Marco Martinez (NYPD Officer)

WRITTEN BY: Carol Mendelsohn, Ann Donahue and Anthony E. Zuiker

DIRECTED BY: Eagle Egilsson

13 episodes ordered

This is a spinoff of the original CSI. Co-created by original CSI creator Anthony Zuiker.

The backdoor Pilot aired as an episode of CSI last season.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Os5Ias9go64" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dex14 03-04-15 09:43 AM

Re: CSI: Cyber -- S: Arquette, Van Der Beek -- Series Thread

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lem8nxTzE01qf8yek.gif

TheMovieman 03-04-15 01:53 PM

Re: CSI: Cyber (CBS) -- S: Arquette, Van Der Beek -- Series Thread

I like the cast so might give it a shot.

RichC2 03-04-15 02:37 PM

Another CSI? It's like trying to fit a cucumber into a coin purse.

Wait that analogy doesn't work here. I liked Van der Beek on Don't Trust the Bitch, but I dunno if I can take him seriously.

marka351 03-04-15 07:15 PM

Against my better judgement I watched it. I could not take it seriously, so many bad elements in it, holographic autopsy, malware showing up red and ex hacker working for the FBI. I doubt I will be watching next weeks episode.

MLBFan24 03-04-15 08:49 PM

Lil Bow Wow is in this? :lol:

Michael Corvin 03-05-15 12:00 PM

Still a huge fan of the original CSI, but I never could get into Miami or NY. Cyber is no different, well those were at least decent (just couldn't get into the characters) this was just awful.

Mike86 03-05-15 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 12413362)
Another CSI? It's like trying to fit a cucumber into a coin purse.

Wait that analogy doesn't work here. I liked Van der Beek on Don't Trust the Bitch, but I dunno if I can take him seriously.

The original is the only one left at this point but I tend to agree. Seems like an odd time to launch a new series after the popularity has basically died off and honestly I don't know that cyber crimes are interesting enough on their own to warrant an entire series.

Shazam 03-05-15 12:47 PM

How many GUI interfaces in Visual Basic were created?

hdnmickey 03-05-15 12:51 PM

Got to love how they quickly changed those promos. Oscar winner stars on the worst CBS spin-off yet!

Vipper II 03-05-15 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Shazam (Post 12414375)
How many GUI interfaces in Visual Basic were created?

:lol:

Sadly, not even the adorable Anna Belknap could sell that line.

Shannon Nutt 03-05-15 02:26 PM

I've heard the original CSI is almost certain to be cancelled...I wonder if any cast members of it will wind up being permanent members of this show...assuming it gets renewed, of course.

Honestly, I haven't watched CSI since William Peterson quit, but I did like it when I watched it.

Mike86 03-05-15 02:35 PM

I haven't watched it much but I actually sort of like Danson on the original. The quality of life series has gone down quite a bit though over the years.

flashburn 03-05-15 04:45 PM

http://i.imgur.com/7drHiqr.gif

Eric F 03-05-15 11:10 PM

Laughably bad. And that's putting it mildly.

whotony 03-05-15 11:14 PM

Which Who song is this one?

Jadzia 03-05-15 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 12414945)
Laughably bad. And that's putting it mildly.

I actually laughed when she gave CPR to that baby. That probably wasn't the reaction they were going for.

Michael Corvin 03-05-15 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 12414949)

I actually missed the intro. Are they using a Who song?

Eric F 03-06-15 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 12414949)

I Can See for Miles (and it's the best part of the show).

Patricia Arquette won an Oscar? They should take it back.

DJariya 03-06-15 12:55 AM

I watched it tonight. I consider myself a moderate Patty Arquette fan from watching her on Medium on NBC/CBS. But, her acting was a little rough in this 1st episode. I also had a little trouble taking Van Der Beek seriously as some cool FBI agent. And WTF was his name? Agent Mungo or Mundo? :lol:

This is really nothing out of the ordinary for CBS. It's an FBI procedural with the Cyber Crimes backdrop. Not really compelling TV, but decent background noise if you're in the middle of doing something. I was watching it while doing some work on the PC tonight.

rotfl at the baby CPR scene. I'll continue to watch for some of that hammy stuff like that. I don't anticipate much compelling commentary weekly.

Noonan 03-06-15 08:07 AM

Absolutely terrible. It seemed like a spoof show of CSI's, like Scary Movie. Turned it off after 10-15 min.

Flave 03-06-15 10:07 AM

I lasted a whole 15 minutes before clicking the stop button. How the hell does Arquette go from Boyhood to this garbage?

barelypure 03-06-15 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 12415076)
Absolutely terrible. It seemed like a spoof show of CSI's, like Scary Movie. Turned it off after 10-15 min.

You shouldn't have. It got worse. It's not everyday you get to see a flaming pile of crap that large.

Maybe Scorpion will rip off the plot next season and do it better. It would fit them better anyway.

Noonan 03-06-15 10:11 AM

Scorpion is way over the top but I enjoy it. Cyber had some of the WORST acting/dialogue I've ever seen.

hdnmickey 03-06-15 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 12415076)

I don't see how anybody could be surprised. The "Cyber" set up episode of the original CSI was one of its worst ever. And given the drop in quality on that series, that's really saying something.

I felt the same way about the NO set up episodes on NCIS, yet by some miracle enough of the AARP crowd is still watching NCIS: NO.