Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E11) -- "Aftershocks" -- 3/3/15

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-15, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E11) -- "Aftershocks" -- 3/3/15

ASTONISHING CHANGES THROW COULSON'S TEAM INTO ALL NEW JEOPARDY, ON THE MIDSEAON PREMIERE OF "MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D." ON ABC

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." returns for a dynamic, action-packed second half of season two, TUESDAY, MARCH 3 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Editor's Note: The episode title "Epidemic" has been changed to "Aftershocks."

After discovering an alien city with ties to his resurrection, Coulson and his team destroyed it before the forces of Hydra could claim its secrets, eliminating the villainous Whitehall (Reed Diamond) in the process. But new threats to the world have arisen, including Skye's father, Cal (Kyle McLachlan), who now seeks retribution against Coulson for stealing his revenge against Whitehall; a disturbing alliance between former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Ward (Brett Dalton) and Agent 33; the enigmatic Raina (Ruth Negga), who struggles with her transformation into something inhuman by the alien Obelisk and seeks vengeance; and Skye (Chloe Bennet), who developed mysterious new powers from the Obelisk but whose lack of experience with her new abilities may threaten the safety of those she loves.

Meanwhile, Bobbi (Adrianne Palicki) and Mack (Henry Simmons) begin the next phase of a plan which seems to have grave repercussions for Coulson and his team, who are unaware that there's another mysterious force moving against them. And as Hunter (Nick Blood) is forced to make the biggest choice of his life, Coulson will find his mission threatened by this shocking endgame.

In the midseason premiere, "Aftershocks," Coulson's team must deal with the consequences of their war with Hydra as shocking revelations threaten to tear them apart, and Hydra makes a dangerous move that may involve a traitor in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s midst.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Lance Hunter and Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse.

Guest starring are Henry Simmons as Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie, Ruth Negga as Raina, Adrian Pasdar as Brigadier General Glenn Talbot, Henry Goodman as Dr. Levy, Kyle Maclachlan as The Doctor, Jamie Harris as Gordon, Simon Kassianides as Sunil Bakshi, Donzaleigh Abernathy as Trip's mom, Philip Labes as young Gordon, Dichen Lachman as Jiaying, Alvin Ing as Yat-Sen, Fred Dryer as Octavian Bloom, Kathryn Leigh-Scott as The Baroness, Joel Polis as The Banker, Kyle David Pierce as accountant, Maz Siam as The Sheikh, McKay Stewart as scientist #1 and David A. Jansen as agent.

"Aftershocks" was written by Maurissa Tancharoen & Jed Whedon and directed by Billy Gierhart.

Episode 11 of 22

Note: Adrianne Palicki (Bobbi) is now a series regular. She will be in the show for the remainder of the season.
Old 03-03-15, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E11) -- "Aftershocks" -- 3/3/15

Note: Adrianne Palicki (Bobbi) is now a series regular. She will be in the show for the remainder of the season.
Old 03-03-15, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

My daughter has been looking forward to this for a couple of weeks.

Good to hear about Palicki.
Old 03-03-15, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 164 Likes on 121 Posts

I've never seen the show, but after seeing a commercial for tonight's episode on the MLB Network, it looks like a good show. Don't know if I'll catch it tonight or not, as there are a lot of good shows on tonight, and not to mention DVD's and my Roku. Is the show on Hulu? I have a free two month trial.
Old 03-03-15, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Not sure if the show needs both her and May as series regulars. They seem to be filling the same role.
Old 03-03-15, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mack & Bobbi have to be SWORD
Old 03-03-15, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

The Godfather inspired climax was a neat touch. SWORD?
Old 03-03-15, 11:20 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by ddrknghtrtns
The Godfather inspired climax was a neat touch. SWORD?
Another group...
Spoiler:
S.W.O.R.D. (Sentient World Observation and Response Department) is a fictional counterterrorism and intelligence agency in the Marvel Comics Universe. Its purpose is to deal with extraterrestrial threats to world security.
Old 03-04-15, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts

Awesome episode. I didn't spot one dull moment here.

Does this still have a TV-14 rating? I was really surprised at the violence that slid by on this episode. BTW, just got done watching the IGN recap. I had no idea that Hydra leader was Fred Dryer. Long time no see!
Old 03-04-15, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome taking out Hydra scene.

Previews spoiler
Spoiler:
Sif's back!
Old 03-04-15, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
Awesome episode. I didn't spot one dull moment here.

Does this still have a TV-14 rating? I was really surprised at the violence that slid by on this episode. BTW, just got done watching the IGN recap. I had no idea that Hydra leader was Fred Dryer. Long time no see!
Yep, and I didn't realize until just now that the Baroness was Kathryn Leigh Scott from the original Dark Shadows.
Old 03-04-15, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

That's good to hear they've added Mockingbird as a full cast member. I almost wish she'd get her own show.
Old 03-04-15, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I liked the the return of the show. Liked looking at May punch that bag. Liked the entire thing for the most part. I would have liked to see them take down Mac, deprogram him, or showed him in some kind of recovery. Just thought there should be more fallout from him getting alien mind jacked.
Old 03-04-15, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I thought it was odd that they would have Bobbi use a recovery program as a cover, as if that was the reason she didn't back Mac in public? I'm not sure it's SWORD, considering we don't have much of an alien presence yet, besides the Kree DNA... the Inhumans shouldn't count.

Having Skye's mother be a mentor to the generations of unlocked Inhumans made some sense, but then you'd think they'd have had a harder time capturing her and slaughtering her.

Simmon's whole reversal about powers was kind of drastic, though it set up the inevitable confrontation with Fitz, plus maybe the development of powers-neutralizing weapons, which they need anyway (and may need in Civil War). I guess Fitz isn't too worried about her carrying a virus or anything.

The hydra takedown was a little too nice and neat when it comes to how the timing was exact, but still very cool. They still seemed much more threatening at the end of season 1.

Cactus cooler didn't pay for promotional considerations? Made me want one.
Old 03-04-15, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
I thought it was odd that they would have Bobbi use a recovery program as a cover, as if that was the reason she didn't back Mac in public? I'm not sure it's SWORD, considering we don't have much of an alien presence yet, besides the Kree DNA... the Inhumans shouldn't count.
The could be Skrulls...
Old 03-04-15, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts

Cactus cooler didn't pay for promotional considerations? Made me want one.
Haha! Me too!
Old 03-04-15, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by coyoteblue
The could be Skrulls...
This was my initial thought as well, though they'd probably want to save that for the movie franchise, plus we just went through the whole "evil moles in the organization" plotline, I'd think they were more like "good" moles this time.
Old 03-04-15, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Has to be S.W.O.R.D. right? I bet Bobbi called on Sif about Skye
Old 03-04-15, 07:30 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Speculations as to what kind of powers Skye has? She appears to have some sort of telekinetic ability, but other than that we don't know.
Old 03-04-15, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

^It's been revealed that she's based on a comic book character called Quake. Given that, her powers should be self explanitory
Old 03-04-15, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
^It's been revealed that she's based on a comic book character called Quake. Given that, her powers should be self explanitory
She would be an awesome roll in the hay when she has her big O?
Old 03-04-15, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

No speculation needed. She's Quake from the comics, named Daisy Johnson from Nick Fury's Secret Warriors. She makes earthquakes.
Old 03-04-15, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sorry, put the powers thing in spoiler tags:

Spoiler:
The weird thing is, it's like she generates it from herself. So she doesn't cause an earthquake in the Earth's crust or anything, she emanates it (maybe just shaking) from her body, hence the localized effects and the whole scanner bracelet thing crushed from the inside.

edited to add: ah, I see that's how her power works in the comics too, for some reason I thought she caused actually earthquakes.

Last edited by fujishig; 03-05-15 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-04-15, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

I thought she just farted
Old 03-05-15, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Spoiler:
The weird thing is, it's like she generates it from herself. So she doesn't cause an earthquake in the Earth's crust or anything, she emanates it (maybe just shaking) from her body, hence the localized effects and the whole scanner bracelet thing crushed from the inside.

edited to add: ah, I see that's how her power works in the comics too, for some reason I thought she caused actually earthquakes.
A fairly useless power unless you are a villain.

Last edited by PhantomStranger; 03-05-15 at 12:53 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.