DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Arrow (S3E15) -- "Nanda Parbat" -- 2/25/15 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/625338-arrow-s3e15-nanda-parbat-2-25-15-a.html)

DJariya 02-25-15 01:41 PM

Arrow (S3E15) -- "Nanda Parbat" -- 2/25/15

http://cdn3-www.superherohype.com/as...315c_0222b.jpg

http://cdn2-www.superherohype.com/as...315b_0354b.jpg

"Nanda Parbat" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

MERLYN IS CAPTURED BY RA'S AL GHUL; THE ATOM SUIT REVEALED - Malcolm (John Barrowman) is captured by Ra's al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable) and taken to Nanda Parbat. Because of his love for Thea (Willa Holland), Oliver (Stephen Amell) considers saving Merlyn. Ray (Brandon Routh) is obsessed with finishing his Atom suit so he can save the city but Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) fears he is heading down the same path as Oliver (Stephen Amell) and tries to pull him out of the lab. Gregory Smith directed the episode with story by Wendy Mericle & Ben Sokolowski and teleplay by Erik Olesen & Ben Sokolowski (#315). Original airdate 2/25/2015.

Episode 15 of 23

dex14 02-25-15 05:32 PM

Re: Arrow (S3E15) -- "Nanda Parbat" -- 2/25/15

Ephram is directing! FOREVERWOOD REUNITED!

robin2099 02-25-15 08:17 PM

Eh this episode was OK. It wasn't anything spectacular but I liked seeing Palmer suit up and confirming that the A.T.O.M suit will be more like an Iron Man suit than close to the comic.

The rest of the episode I could do without. Thea just seemed annoying, Laurel's still Laurel, and even though they tried to make it a cliff hanger everyone knows that Oliver won't lead the league.

VHS? 02-25-15 11:06 PM

And they pronounced it right!

Jackskeleton 02-25-15 11:10 PM

I just wish they just went with Ted Kord instead since it's basically Blue Beetle and not the Atom.

DJariya 02-26-15 12:23 AM

I liked this episode better than last week mainly for the introduction of Palmer as Atom. That suit was pretty sweet.

Damnit, Felicity just had to have sex with Palmer! :lol: Well, I don't really blame her. She probably hasn't gotten laid in a few years and Palmer's a charming guy.

Thea moping around feeling guilty is getting old. I hope they move on from that soon.

I think the show should drop the flashbacks next season. I really don't see any point for them anymore. They add nothing to the current timeline story.

Jackskeleton 02-26-15 01:21 AM

Flash, Atom and Arrow. Geez, come on, Felicity, you're going to get a reputation around the hall of justice.

We can't drop the flash backs just yet, next year will be that pay off to how he's so connected with the Russian Mafia! Unless they'll explain it away as just saving that one dude on that boat shit last season.

Xiroteus 02-26-15 04:47 AM

They likely could cut back on the flashbacks.

ytrez 02-26-15 07:11 AM

I like the flashbacks. I wasn't a big fan of the ATOM suit. An Iron Man retread? I know someone mentioned they should have gone with Kord as Blue Beetle, but the Beetle was always more of a Spider-Man homage than Iron Man. What they could have done is have Ray shrink instead of fly. But what do I know?

TGM 02-26-15 08:13 AM

since Arrow is teasing spin-offs left and right, might I suggest an hour long spin off of Thea and Felicity showering with each other? every episode a different brand of soap.

A-aron 02-26-15 08:31 AM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...feld-Quote.gif

anomynous 02-26-15 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by ytrez (Post 12407471)
I like the flashbacks. I wasn't a big fan of the ATOM suit. An Iron Man retread? I know someone mentioned they should have gone with Kord as Blue Beetle, but the Beetle was always more of a Spider-Man homage than Iron Man. What they could have done is have Ray shrink instead of fly. But what do I know?

I remember reading in an interview they wanted to do Ted Kord, but the higher ups at DC wouldn't let them, so they used Palmer.

RocShemp 02-26-15 11:21 AM

I didn't like this episode. I know GA has always been a Batman ripoff but they've been really wearing that fact on their sleeve this season. And just because Ollie survived his impalement through unexplained reasons is no reason to get Ra's on board with Ollie replacing him. Ra's Al Ghul wanted Bruce Wayne to replace him because of his strength and his brillian mind (which is why Ra's would always call Bruce "Detective"). Ollie has obvious strength but he still comes across as an impulsive dumbass (which makes his yelling at Laurel over the same issue extremely laughable). Let's face it, had Ollie not lucked out in Diggle and Felicity joining him, he'd have failed his precious City ages ago.

I hope Nissa kills Thea. I am so tired of all her whining.

The flashbacks this season all had potential but have just been little but filler. The only real carryover was that the drug China White was after is the one Malcolm used on Thea. And on the subject of Malcolm, when did he become such a retard? Ollie has never been much of a match against him. And Ollie is clearly not as good as most Assassins of the League (despite them hiring Stormtroopers to protect their main stronghold in this episode). How did Malcolm ever expect Ollie to beat Ra's Al Ghul?

Jackskeleton 02-26-15 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by anomynous (Post 12407514)
I remember reading in an interview they wanted to do Ted Kord, but the higher ups at DC wouldn't let them, so they used Palmer.

I really hated how they treated Ted Kord in the comics. Using him as a bullet magnet just to make everything darker. Oh, how I miss when DC was actually fun and not so dark and gritty all over the place.

Man, how Blue and Gold injected some fun into that fucked up comic world.

johnnysd 02-26-15 02:25 PM

I like how the "no kill" pledge only applies to main villains. Red shirts are fair game. Oh, and Diggle you should totally go try an infiltrate the league of assassins that has such a high chance of working out well. don't worry about your wife or kid at all. Really getting dumber by the minute this show.

cleaver 02-26-15 02:27 PM

I had my suspicions that sleeping with Felicity granted super powers, good to see them confirmed

PhantomStranger 02-26-15 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by cleaver (Post 12407932)
I had my suspicions that sleeping with Felicity granted super powers, good to see them confirmed

:lol:

I liked this episode, it was one of the better ones in a spotty season. It does feel like Ray Palmer was meant to be Ted Kord. I don't mind the suit, though it feels highly derivative of Iron Man's movie look.

Oliver did seem like an idiot for thinking he could just walk into the Demon's Head's lair with little problem and have no escape plan.

robin2099 02-26-15 04:37 PM

I will say that Oliver does seem to be pretty stupid this season. In the first couple seasons he had his moments but he still thought tactically. This seasons has seem to be nothing more then Ollie becomes a hot head and does something stupid. I guess there trying to use the logic that he isn't thinking because family is involved and all that but it isn't making him look good.

And I hate to beat a dead horse, but please get rid of Laurel's stupid baton. I get that everyone on this show carries a weapon and she needs one, but she looks so stupid using it as a club. Hell just give her a club or use the excuse that Oliver trained her with her sisters bo.

Ropes Pierre 02-26-15 10:51 PM

maybe oliver swallowed a bomb and will detonate it inside himself now that he is captured.

WILD CARD, BITCHES!!!!

+1 on the thea, felicity, ghost of sara shower spin off.

PhantomStranger 02-26-15 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre (Post 12408404)
+1 on the thea, felicity, ghost of sara shower spin off.

DC Comics just announced that Catwoman is "officially" bisexual.-rolleyes- While it disrespects decades of the character's history, she can occasionally guest on that spin-off.

ytrez 02-27-15 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by johnnysd (Post 12407928)
Oh, and Diggle you should totally go try an infiltrate the league of assassins that has such a high chance of working out well. don't worry about your wife or kid at all. Really getting dumber by the minute this show.

I don't dispute that it's getting dumber by the minute but Dig did worry about his wife & kid. It was the wife (to be) who told him to do it. I turned to my son and said, I really think she wants him dead.

RocShemp 02-27-15 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12408448)
DC Comics just announced that Catwoman is "officially" bisexual.-rolleyes-

Yeah but that's like "super important". Seriously, no one cares and we always suspected she might swing both ways. But to see articles (like this one) bend over backwards to make it some kind of milestone is laughable.

RocShemp 02-27-15 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by ytrez (Post 12408542)
I don't dispute that it's getting dumber by the minute but Dig did worry about his wife & kid. It was the wife (to be) who told him to do it. I turned to my son and said, I really think she wants him dead.

I think Diggle and Oliver both have a death wish. They were standing right out in the open, with no nearby cover, in plain view of whomever might look out from the stronghold. And that's where they decided to strategize their planned approach into the fortress?

Hokeyboy 02-27-15 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12408448)
DC Comics just announced that Catwoman is "officially" bisexual.-rolleyes- While it disrespects decades of the character's history...

:lol: No it doesn't; her character and history remains completely intact.

But then again, I don't think that's the real issue, is it?

Wolf359 02-27-15 11:44 AM

So are they really just making Atom into Iron Man Lite? No shrinking, no sale.