TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Player (NBC) -- S: Winchester, Snipes -- Coming this Fall

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-15, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
The Player (NBC) -- S: Winchester, Snipes -- Coming this Fall

http://deadline.com/2015/02/wesley-s...ot-1201378160/

In a pilot casting season “get”, Wesley Snipes is coming to television with a co-starring role opposite Strike Back’s Philip Winchester in NBC drama pilot Endgame. Also cast in the project, from Leverage co-creator John Rogers, Blacklist producer Davis Entertainment and Sony TV, is Damon Gupton. Described as a high-octane thriller set in the high-stakes world of Las Vegas, Endgame centers on Alex (Winchester), a former intelligence officer turned security expert who is drawn into a mysterious conspiracy that forces him to complete a series of heroic challenges in order to save innocent lives. APA-repped Snipes plays the unflappable, analytical and mysterious Johnson, Pit Boss for The Game who keeps an eye on the big picture but is also capable of cleaning up a mess when things spiral too far out of control. Gupton plays Cal Brown, Las Vegas Police detective and Alex’s friend. Rogers and Davis Entertainment’s John Davis and John Fox executive produce.

Following a co-starring turn on Dick Wolf’s short-lived 1990 series H.E.L.P., Snipes has been entirely focused on features. He had been approached for series a number of times, turning down pilots, including Fox’s Empire last season.

NBC is scoring early in the drama pilot casting race with both Endgame and Blindspot landing formidable duos as leads, Winchester and Snipes (Endgame) and the sought-after Sullivan Stapleton and Jaimie Alexander (Blindspot).

Snipes and Winchester were both cast in the Pilot, which is being filmed for a potential Fall 2015 slot.

I only posted this because Snipes is a big name and this would be his 1st regular TV series. For those who don't know, Snipes was originally being considered for Empire on FOX, but passed on it.

This Pilot is from the co-creator of Leverage and the Producers of The Blacklist.
Old 02-23-15, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
re: The Player (NBC) -- S: Winchester, Snipes -- Coming this Fall

I will definitely watch. Winchester is great on Strike Back.
Old 05-08-15, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk God

http://deadline.com/2015/05/the-play...bc-1201423500/

Ordered to series by NBC.

Name of the show is changed to "The Player"

Wow, Philip Winchester and Sullivan Stapleton will both be on NBC next season on different show.

dex14, if you happen to see this, please adjust thread title.

Here's a description:

THE PLAYER

From the executive producers of The Blacklist and starring Wesley Snipes and Philip Winchester (Strike Back, Fringe) comes an action-packed Las Vegas thriller about a former military operative turned security expert who is drawn into a high-stakes game where an organization of wealthy individuals gamble on his ability to stop some of the biggest crimes imaginable from playing out. Can he take them down from the inside and get revenge for the death of his wife, or is it true what they say: The house always wins.

The cast includes Wesley Snipes, Philip Winchester, Charity Wakefield and Damon Gupton.

John Rogers serves as writer and executive producer. John Davis, John Fox and director Bharat Nalluri also executive produce. The Player is produced by Sony Pictures Television Davis Entertainment and Kung Fu Monkey.
Old 05-10-15, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Here's the 1st production photo of "The Player"

Old 05-10-15, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Oooh it's set in Vegas.

That means there's a small chance we'll get to hear Snipes give advice on how to play Roulette.
Old 05-10-15, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Here's the 1st trailer

<iframe src="//player.theplatform.com/p/NnzsPC/widget/select/media/_friRcEXYg5K?disableEndCard=true" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" seamless="seamless" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Like that it's set in Las Vegas. This looks fun and love Winchester. Although I'm sure most of the casual posters here with no cable have no idea who he is. Cool seeing Snipes here.
Old 05-10-15, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Looks good. I am in for Philip Winchester.
Old 05-10-15, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: The Player (NBC) -- S: Winchester, Snipes -- Coming this Fall

Before i started watching either show, I thought Winchester also played the Kingslayer on GoT. This is a series I will be turning in for especially with Thursday nights being free for me. I can miss a quarter of Thursday night football.
Old 05-10-15, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Player (NBC) -- S: Winchester, Snipes -- Coming this Fall

Originally Posted by TheKing
Oooh it's set in Vegas.

That means there's a small chance we'll get to hear Snipes give advice on how to play Roulette.
Always bet on the IRS getting their cut!