Reload this Page >

Sleepy Hollow (S2E18) -- Season Finale -- "Tempus Fugit" -- 2/23/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-23-15, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

SEASON TWO COMES TO A DEADLY CLOSE ON THE SEASON FINALE OF "SLEEPY HOLLOW" MONDAY, FEBRUARY 23, ON FOX

Season Two of the spellbinding series comes to a dramatic close, leaving Sleepy Hollow and its residents forever changed. Familiar faces will perish and a key relationship will implode beyond repair in the all-new "Tempus Fugit" Season Finale episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Monday, Feb. 23 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-218) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Tom Mison as Ichabod Crane; Nicole Beharie as Lt. Abbie Mills; Katia Winter as Katrina Crane; Orlando Jones as Captain Frank Irving, John Noble as Henry Parish, Lyndie Greenwood as Jenny Mills.

Episode 18 of 18

Season finally ends tonight. I know many here lost patience and interest and dropped the show.

No news on whether this will return for a 3rd season.
Old 02-23-15, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Sleepy Hollow (S2E18) -- Season Finale -- "Tempus Fugit" -- 2/23/15

I stuck with it but i see where many lost hope.

I hope it comes back and gets whatever it is people seem to need for it to work for them...
Old 02-23-15, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I imagine that the last few episodes would have been very different had the show not lost viewers. It feels like they know the show is not coming back and this was the series finale. I enjoyed it immensely and wish they could have kept Abbie in the past for awhile. Instead, we get a hard reset should the show get a third season. I'd like to see what they'd do but I don't think we will.
Old 02-23-15, 11:58 PM

I think the show will come back because of how they ended it. They lost viewers but I think they also listened to the viewers they had left. "We hate Katrina" ....okay, we'll make her evil and then kill her off.
People also weren't happy with that guy with the beard (whose name I have already forgotten) so they got rid of his as well.
It seems to me like they cleaned house almost as a peace offering.....lol
Old 02-24-15, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really liked this episode. I didn't think they would pull it off but it worked for me.
Old 02-24-15, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil M. View Post
I imagine that the last few episodes would have been very different had the show not lost viewers. It feels like they know the show is not coming back and this was the series finale. I enjoyed it immensely and wish they could have kept Abbie in the past for awhile. Instead, we get a hard reset should the show get a third season. I'd like to see what they'd do but I don't think we will.
That finale was definitely written by producers and showrunner believing Sleepy Hollow was likely not coming back and as a final love letter to fans. Everything in it was a wrap-up of the two seasons and ending the character arcs for several of them. It was a hot mess I enjoyed despite the occasional goofy sequences in Colonial times.

After giving up on Sleepy Hollow in season one about midway through it, I am very pleased I gave it another chance with season two. The show is enjoyably lightweight considering its genre focus and the emphasis on Colonial history freshens up Supernatural's old monster-hunting formula.

It clicked for me when Nicole Beharie really started taking charge as Abbie, it was clear to me she was having a lot more fun with the role in season two. Mison did grow on me a little as Crane, mostly due to the repeated gags and lines he would often say to Abbie. They have a goofy, easy chemistry between them that works on this show.

I don't believe this show comes back except in a radically different form. They did kill off two of the more expensive cast members, so I could see it getting re-tooled by Fox for a limited third season.
Old 02-24-15, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I liked the way the finale ended and I really hope it comes back for another season. It seems as though the powers that be listened to the criticism and made moves to address it. If this was the series finale then it wrapped things up nicely. If the show comes back, the hard reset opens up new avenues and got us back to the core characters that made season one so much fun to watch.
Old 02-24-15, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I was pleased the "back in time" arc was not dragged out too long.
As a fan of the series who was not terribly pleased with the lackluster post-Moloch storylines I found the potential closure (if the show does not return) satisfying.

And if it comes back - the slate is pretty clean and I will give it a shot...
Old 02-24-15, 03:31 PM

I think I read on IGN or EW that FOX went to the writers after season 2 started and viewership dropped and said that the story was hard to follow and wanted to get it more week by week stories so viewers can tune in without needing to have watched all past episodes. Also wanted it more about Crane being a fish out of water. Tried finding the story but couldn't.

Here it is:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/...-for-a-renewal
Old 02-24-15, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I actually thought they were going to have Abbie mess up Colonial history permanently and that when she returned to the present, everything about our history would be completely different. They could have had fun with that for a short season.
Old 02-24-15, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
I actually thought they were going to have Abbie mess up Colonial history permanently and that when she returned to the present, everything about our history would be completely different. They could have had fun with that for a short season.

Something like this might have happened.
Old 02-24-15, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really like this show and hope it comes back. They lost their way this season, but it can be salvaged. Did the writers or showrunners change?

They made Katrina go evil entirely too quickly and it also seemed like they toned down the interplay between Abbie and Crane. I think the biggest drag on the season turned out to be Katrina. I liked the addition of the Indiana Jones type boyfriend for Jenny. He's a good fit with the historical/supernatural aspect of the series.
Old 02-25-15, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree Katrina's swift turn to the darkside was too abrupt. They should have had Katrina believing she saw Crane and Abbie kissing, before her turn to evil. She did show sympathy to the bad guys at times but she violently turned against Crane, which was out of character.
Old 02-25-15, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It does feel like they planed this just in case it is not renewed which is nice. Normally last week would have been an annoying cliffhanger so everything is mostly tied up. She really did turn too quickly, that just did not feel right.

Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
I think I read on IGN or EW that FOX went to the writers after season 2 started and viewership dropped and said that the story was hard to follow and wanted to get it more week.
Not sure how it was an harder to follow then most shows that are on today. And not watching every episode of such a show and not in order is a very odd concept.
Old 02-25-15, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So Ichabod murders his beloved wife and seems OK with it. Shortest grieving period ever.
Old 02-25-15, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The show is getting local attention again. If it gets renewed, filming will move from Wilmington to Atlanta, where there are better tax breaks and cheaper to film. Who knows if that will help with a renewal though.
Old 02-25-15, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
The show is getting local attention again. If it gets renewed, filming will move from Wilmington to Atlanta, where there are better tax breaks and cheaper to film. Who knows if that will help with a renewal though.
What is up with your state? I heard they canned their TV/Movie filming tax incentive that's why this show and Banshee on Cinemax are moving out. Can't be good for the local economy.
Old 02-25-15, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
So Ichabod murders his beloved wife and seems OK with it. Shortest grieving period ever.
They've been building up the "issues" between the two for some time now...actually since the beginning of the series.

-Finding out she's a witch and lied
-Finding out she was knocked up and lied..or lied by omission
-Finding out she entombed him
-Finding out she was going back to the Horseman
Old 02-25-15, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
Well she did intend to kill him.
Old 02-25-15, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
What is up with your state? I heard they canned their TV/Movie filming tax incentive that's why this show and Banshee on Cinemax are moving out. Can't be good for the local economy.
It's not their goal for it to be. Smaller government working as intended.
Old 02-25-15, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Enjoyed the episode but wish the trip to the past had lasted much longer. Glad Henry is gone but wish Katrina was still around to be bad. They can lose Orlando Jones too (I wouldn't miss him). I'll tune in next season (if there is one). I hope it retains some serialized storylines rather than becoming a demon-of-the-week-only show.
Old 02-25-15, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would've thought that the whole trip to the past would be a whole new setting for another season.
Old 02-25-15, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 View Post
I would've thought that the whole trip to the past would be a whole new setting for another season.
Me too.
Old 02-26-15, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 View Post
Posted the same last week. Seemed like a good idea.

I'm conflicted on how it this season did end. Part of me wants to see this show go on if they can go forward after this rest and find great Moloch like story line. The other part wants it to end on this high more (finale was great) given how terrible the few post-Moloch episodes were.

Either way, bring on The Following S3.
Old 02-26-15, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
Either way, bring on The Following S3.
The only thing more unbelievable than a man traveling 200 plus years into the future to keep a headless horseman from bringing about the apocalypse is the stupidity of the FBI on the Following.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.