Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hawaii Five-O (S5E16) -- "Nanahu" -- 2/20/15

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-15, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Hawaii Five-O (S5E16) -- "Nanahu" -- 2/20/15

FIVE-0 ENLISTS THE HELP OF A CALIFORNIA ATF AGENT TO FIND A SERIAL ARSONIST TARGETING COUPLES ON OAHU, ON "HAWAII FIVE-0," FRIDAY, FEB. 20

Professional Golfer Michelle Wie Guest Stars as Herself, MMA and Former UFC Champion Randy Couture Guest Stars as the Arsonist and Melina Kanakaredes Guest Stars as the ATF Agent

"Nanahu" - Five-0 enlists the help of a California ATF Agent to find a serial arsonist targeting couples on Oahu. Meanwhile, when Danny whisks Amber away for a romantic getaway, her abusive ex-husband tracks them down, intent on taking his wife back, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Feb. 20 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Professional golfer Michelle Wie guest stars as herself, MMA and former UFC champion Randy Couture guest stars as the arsonist and Melina Kanakaredes guest stars as ATF Agent Kathy Millwood.

(*Nanahu is Hawaiian for "Embers")
REGULAR CAST:

Alex O'Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny "Danno" Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)
RECURRING CAST:

Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Shawn Garnett (Flippa)
Paige Hurd (Samantha Grover)
Lili Simmons (Amber Vitale)
GUEST CAST:

Michelle Wie (Herself)
Randy Couture (Jason Duclair)
Melina Kanakaredes (Kathy Millwood)
David Hoflin (Frank Simpson)
Michael Hake (Hagan Mahoe)
Bobby Davison (Ernie Watson)
Haley Williams (Sabina Mahoe)
Scott Stevenson (Homeless Man)
Melissa Paulo (Meka Lono)
Peter Roberts (Dr. Isaac Cornett)
Antonio Anagaran, Jr. (Kala Lono)
STORY BY: Akeba Gaddis Lynn

TELEPLAY BY: John Dove

DIRECTED BY: Joe Dante

Episode 16 of 25
Old 02-21-15, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hawaii Five-O (S5E16) -- "Nanahu" -- 2/20/15

Um, did they totally forget that woman
Spoiler:
deliberately ran over her husband with Danny's car?
Vehicular homicide, anyone?

Also, a prison guard allowed to carry matches on his person when working with an inmate?

Last edited by aintnosin; 02-21-15 at 02:36 AM.
Old 02-21-15, 09:12 AM

I was wondering the same thing.
Old 02-21-15, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 349 Likes on 268 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, all residential homes should have exterior doors that open inward.

1. The couple should have pulled open the door, instead of pushing.

2. I watched that scene again and the door was installed on that house where it opens outward. And you can see the hinges from the exterior!

Makes no sense!!!!
Old 02-21-15, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i didn't recognize Lili Simmons with her clothes on. i was thinking why do i know her?
Old 02-22-15, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by aintnosin
Spoiler:

Also, a prison guard allowed to carry matches on his person when working with an inmate?
Given his attacks a few minutes earlier, obviously vehicular self-defense.
Old 02-22-15, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by aintnosin
Spoiler:

She's 5-0 adjacent so the cloak of immunity also extends to her. 5-0 immunity is even better than diplomatic immunity.
Old 02-23-15, 12:53 PM

The whole Danny premise was stupid. The woman comes from the East coast and changes her name. Meets Danny who in a moment of passion plans this getaway with her where she didn't know the location. OK, good so far. Then her BF shows up, presumably the 1st time in Hawaii. And while McGarrett and crew had no idea where Danny was or how to find him and the cell phones were off so they couldn't be pinged, and yeah they were distracted with the arsonist but still, this boyfriend who didn't even know her new name, never heard of Danny, new to the islands, emphasis on plural islands, is able to find her in a matter of hours. That kind of stretches the imagination just a little bit.

As to her running over the body, couldn't happen. That car has very little ground clearance and she was too close to get a running start. She would have hit the body and dragged it for a ways before the car went over the body. And the front bumper would have been damaged quite a bit.

The ending went in a different direction than I expected. I was thinking Steve was going to recommend Kanakaredes for a position in Hawaii. If not on the 50 team then some support unit.
Old 02-23-15, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

CSI Hawaii?

they should have had her playing the same character from CSI NY
might as well since they pulled NCIS into the Hawaii five-o bizarro universe
Old 02-23-15, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehunt
CSI Hawaii? They should have had her playing the same character from CSI NY.
2015 must be return to CBS year for alumni of that show -

AJ Buckley - who played Adam Ross on the show - was the journalist who was killed on last weeks episode.

Anna Belknap - who played Detective Lindsay Messer on the show - had a small part playing the wife of the patient - the one that Joe White had transfered to Oahu because he was ill - in the episode that aired on January 30.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 02-23-15 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-23-15, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
2015 must be return to CBS year for alumni of that show -

AJ Buckley - who played Adam Ross on the show - was the journalist who was killed on last weeks episode.

Anna Belknap - who played Detective Lindsay Messer on the show - had a small part playing the wife of the patient - the one that Joe White had transfered to Oahu because he was ill - in the episode that aired on January 30.
Peter Lenkov, who is H50's showrunner, was the showrunner for CSi NY. Most of the CBS shows are in the same universe in some form, but Kanakaredes character on NY later became a CSI in New Orleans, so it probably wouldn't have made sense to have her play the same character.
Old 02-28-15, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by barelypure
The whole Danny premise was stupid. The woman comes from the East coast and changes her name. Meets Danny who in a moment of passion plans this getaway with her where she didn't know the location. OK, good so far. Then her BF shows up, presumably the 1st time in Hawaii. And while McGarrett and crew had no idea where Danny was or how to find him and the cell phones were off so they couldn't be pinged, and yeah they were distracted with the arsonist but still, this boyfriend who didn't even know her new name, never heard of Danny, new to the islands, emphasis on plural islands, is able to find her in a matter of hours. That kind of stretches the imagination just a little bit.

As to her running over the body, couldn't happen. That car has very little ground clearance and she was too close to get a running start. She would have hit the body and dragged it for a ways before the car went over the body. And the front bumper would have been damaged quite a bit.

The ending went in a different direction than I expected. I was thinking Steve was going to recommend Kanakaredes for a position in Hawaii. If not on the 50 team then some support unit.
Just got caught up with this episode tonight.

Correct if I'm misinterpreting your comment, but Danny didn't just meet Amber in this episode. This was Lili Simmons 3rd appearance. They had a pre-existing relationship prior to this episode.

and I was at how they totally forgot about the dead ex husband ran over by Amber and just moved on in the plot.

It was good to see Melina Kanakaredes again. She hasn't really worked much since leaving CSI: NY. Ultimately Randy Couture was a lame villain.

Not really an LPGA fan, but Michelle Wie looked really good, especially in that tiny golf miniskirt. Hard to believe she's 25 now. I still remember when she 1st came into the gold world as a 14 or 15 year old. Tall & hot Asians are a rare commodity.