Banshee (S3E07) -- "You Canít Hide From the Dead" -- 2/20/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-20-15, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Episode 3.07 - You Canít Hide From the Dead
Debut: FRIDAY, FEB. 20 (10:00-11:00 p.m.)

Despite Jobís (Hoon Lee) reservations, Lucas and his team pull off a daring heist at Camp Genoa. Lucas and Chayton are haunted by their recent deadly encounter. Calling a truce, Gordon (Rus Blackwell) and Carrie (Ivana Milicevic) attempt an unusual intervention with Deva. Unbeknownst to her uncle, Rebecca heads to Philly to work out a deal with a spurned Proctor client.

Written by Chris Kelley; directed by Greg Yaitanes.

Episode 7 of 10
Old 02-21-15, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Banshee (S3E07) -- "You Canít Hide From the Dead" -- 2/20/15

Holy fucking shit that heist was tight.

Loved the use of the cameras on each person. Very well done. Super tense shit. Looks like we've got a road trip!

Rebecca is a naughty girl going against her uncle like that. That will obviously have some repercussions. Seems like if they rap up the Chayton story line, the finale will involve the military dude.
Old 02-21-15, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Awesome episode

That heist sequence was fantastic. Loved the different camera perspectives. Added a lot of tension. Very well directed.

That Colonel is a psychopath. He must be on something. Loved that sequence in the tunnel and Van.

And loved Carrie and Gordon taking out all those goons at that fight club party.

Looking forward to Chayton vs Hood next week.

As for Rebecca, I think she's evolved into a sociopath.
Old 02-21-15, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was an unusual choice to have the heist ENTIRELY shown on the different cameras. Sometimes is was hard to tell what was going on, but it worked.

Man, Chayton is evil. One of the most surprising things that happened in this episode was seeing him drive away in the truck at the end & seeing that he does, in fact, own a shirt.
Old 02-21-15, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Eddie W View Post
That was an unusual choice to have the heist ENTIRELY shown on the different cameras. Sometimes is was hard to tell what was going on, but it worked.

Man, Chayton is evil. One of the most surprising things that happened in this episode was seeing him drive away in the truck at the end & seeing that he does, in fact, own a shirt.
i assumed he got the shirt from the dead husband or one of the horses.

the heist was confusing to follow, but amazingly edited. i was pretty anxious all during, as i couldn't tell what was going on.

that colonel is like the terminator. the fight in the truck was unexpected and scary. i hope he didn't get too good a look at anything while in there, but maybe recognizing something carrie'ish will move this along.

great fight in the empty pool to get Deva, and was nice to see her step dad deliver some ass kicking. i guess everyone on this show is a meta human.

i think this is supposed to take place in a slightly altered universe, as i don't know too many people who hit trees like Hood and don't break their fists.
Old 02-21-15, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So what are they gonna do with all that money?
Old 02-21-15, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So my fiance and I often visit her elderly grandma and it seems like a preview for this show always comes on and she says how much she LOVES this show. From the parts here and there that I saw I thought it looked good. So Friday I had to drop my car off to get the radiator fixed and I walked to her place to wait for the repairs to be done. I arrived in time to see last weeks episode and this weeks and hot damn, that was pretty fucking entertaining. My fiances grandma was freaking out like this was her soap opera and I really dug it.

I cant wait to see more. I hate jumping into shows mid season in their run but damn, Im glad I did.
Old 02-22-15, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw Stan's wife decided to nurse Chayton back to health after said tattooed Indian dude just gave her a neck choke and threatened to kill her. Helping people and being a good Samaritan sure is its own reward...

The heist from the vantage points of various cameras was certainly a different experience, but I wished they could've covered the computer room fight between Job and Captain Murphy a bit better. Using Job's POV cam was too disjointed as they brawled and knocked each other around.

How the hell did Stowe survive three shots from a shotgun at point blank range? Yes he was wearing a vest but that does not cover his face or arms. Guess we need to assume he's got a T-800 titanium alloy endoskeleton underneath.
Old 02-23-15, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~ View Post
I couldn't help but laugh when I saw Stan's wife decided to nurse Chayton back to health
THAT'S who that was!
Old 02-23-15, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~ View Post
I couldn't help but laugh when I saw Stan's wife decided to nurse Chayton back to health after said tattooed Indian dude just gave her a neck choke and threatened to kill her. Helping people and being a good Samaritan sure is its own reward...

The heist from the vantage points of various cameras was certainly a different experience, but I wished they could've covered the computer room fight between Job and Captain Murphy a bit better. Using Job's POV cam was too disjointed as they brawled and knocked each other around.

How the hell did Stowe survive three shots from a shotgun at point blank range? Yes he was wearing a vest but that does not cover his face or arms. Guess we need to assume he's got a T-800 titanium alloy endoskeleton underneath.
When Chayton fell down she should have run like hell. But no let's stay and get kilt.

Not just Job but all the fight scenes in the heist were confusing when seen with the POV cameras.

The shotgun would have put him on his ass. Maybe not fatal but after the 1st 2 the 3rd would have been a head shot if I'm pulling the trigger.