Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Vampire Diaries (S6E15) -- "Let Her Go" -- 2/19/15

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-15, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
The Vampire Diaries (S6E15) -- "Let Her Go" -- 2/19/15

"Let Her Go" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER JULIE PLEC MAKES HER DIRECTORIAL DEBUT - After assigning tasks to each of her friends, Caroline (Candice Accola) attempts to deal with her current situation as reality begins to set in around her. While spending the day with Caroline, Elena (Nina Dobrev) grows concerned when she starts noticing a strange change in her behavior. Meanwhile, Alaric (Matt Davis) becomes wary when Kai (guest star Chris Wood), who has begun experiencing unexpected consequences from the merge, turns to Jo (guest star Jodi Lyn O'Keefe), desperate for her help. Elsewhere, while Bonnie (Kat Graham) finds herself in an unfamiliar situation, Matt (Zach Roerig) and Tyler (Michael Trevino) contemplate a major life change. And when Damon (Ian Somerhalder) offers Caroline advice on how to cope with everything going on around her, it forces him to revisit painful memories involving his own mother. Paul Wesley also stars. The episode was written and directed by Julie Plec (#615). Original airdate 2/19/2015.

Old 02-20-15, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries (S6E15) -- "Let Her Go" -- 2/19/15

The Originals have a baby so Vampire Diaries has to have a baby. The Originals have mommy issue so the Vampire Diaries has to have mommy issues.

So Caroline is going to turn off her emotions just when Bon Bon shows up.
Old 02-20-15, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

... guess Stefan ain't getting any from Caroline soon
Old 02-20-15, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts

I didn't understand why they were using an entire episode for the sheriff's funeral until they had Caroline switch off her emotions.

The stuff with Bonnie was very confusing. She escaped to another world from purgatory before coming home? That was very sloppy storytelling. I did find it funny how she mauled Damon when she got back.
Old 02-20-15, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Candice Accola was really good in this episode. And even in the last episode as well. Some good emotional depth from her. Still sad that Sheriff Forbes is out of the picture now. I did like her.

at her snapping Elena's neck.

And wow, yet another Annie Wersching sighting. She as just on Castle and is a regular on Bosch. Happy she's getting a lot of work.

and thank God Bonnie is out of purgatory. That dragged on long enough.
Old 02-23-15, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Fucking hiatus on this and Originals.
Old 02-23-15, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Fucking hiatus on this and Originals.
Both shows needed a hiatus. I've grown tired of the body-swapping shenanigans on The Originals.
Old 02-28-15, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I didn't understand why they were using an entire episode for the sheriff's funeral until they had Caroline switch off her emotions.

The stuff with Bonnie was very confusing. She escaped to another world from purgatory before coming home? That was very sloppy storytelling. I did find it funny how she mauled Damon when she got back.
Evil witch said if he died the prison "world's" would cease to exist. My assumption is the walls were collapsing so Bonnie was flip flopping between them.

I thought this was a good episode, much better than the last few weeks. Good solid focus on the characters too. A lot of the developments fit thematically and should be interesting to see where they lead the characters.

More I think about Tyler's situation - he's a tool. Does he forget Liv killed somebody so he wouldn't turn.

Would be cool to see Matt end up as Sherif in the final episodes if there is a time jump.

I guess mother Salvador had to do something really bad to get stuck in a hell dimension. Although a few things don't track:
1) why was Damon adult in flashback when Stephan was 10? I expected to at least see a child in the mirror.
2) wouldn't she have died in the 1800s?
3) how wa she stuck in 1903?

As interesting as it will be if she comes over, I was half expecting I to be Catherine!
Old 02-28-15, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have a feeling the mother will be used as a character a lot like Katherine. This could be shark jumping time.
Old 02-28-15, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Annie Wersching posted on Facebook yesterday a photo from the set in Atlanta. They were shooting episode 19. So Damon and Stefan's Mom might be a significant part of the final arc for this season.