DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Which "Breaking Bad" characters do you want to see in "Better Call Saul?" (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/625204-breaking-bad-characters-do-you-want-see-better-call-saul.html)

RoyalTea 02-18-15 02:00 PM

Which "Breaking Bad" characters do you want to see in "Better Call Saul?"

It's clear that Saul and Mike will be big parts of the new show. I have no idea how much more Tuco we'll see. (I wouldn't be shocked if Tuco's time on the new show is over and done with already).

I kinda think that at some point Walt will have to be included. Either Bryan Cranston films some new scenes, or they can use unused footage from Breaking Bad, but if this show deals with Saul's move to Omaha, I don't see how they can avoid Walt (unless Saul's visit to the vacuum repair shop was to get away from some other people & was just coincidentally taking place at the same time Walt wanted to disappear, too).

RoyalTea 02-18-15 02:05 PM

Re: Which "Breaking Bad" characters do you want to see in "Better Call Saul?"

I really want this new show to stand on it's own as much as possible.

I think that introducing Marie in BCS could provide more closure to the kleptomania storyline. I could always see more Kuby/Huell, too.

Anything else, I wouldn't want anything more than a background easter egg, like a blink and you missed it "was that so-and-so?" as an extra.

RichC2 02-18-15 02:26 PM

Skyler, and only Skyler.

Shannon Nutt 02-18-15 02:27 PM

As few as possible...I want this to be its own show, not a prequel with cameos. I actually feel as if they've done too much already trying to tie the shows together. Although I won't get too upset if Dean Norris shows up...just because I really like Dean Norris as an actor - but since he's on Under the Dome now, that's unlikely.

Noonan 02-18-15 02:29 PM

I don't really want to see any of them but brief mentions to some of the smaller characters from BB would be nice. A treat for the people who watched BB as well.

Mike86 02-18-15 02:34 PM

I think Gus, Hank, and Gomez would make sense. I know Dean Norris wasn't that excited about the prospect of showing up on Better Call Saul though so who knows if it'll happen. I don't think he has to be seen necessarily but if we get to some future scenes I wouldn't mind Jesse being acknowledged in some way as I'd be curious as to what happened to him after Breaking Bad. I don't see cameos as a bad thing if they aren't over-used. It's obvious with the writing style of the shows that some things are going to be interlinked.

RichC2 02-18-15 02:36 PM

Dean Norris may have expected it to be a shitty series though, which it appears not to be, and of course he can't really complain after Under the Dome.

CRM114 02-18-15 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt (Post 12399300)
As few as possible...I want this to be its own show, not a prequel with cameos. I actually feel as if they've done too much already trying to tie the shows together. Although I won't get too upset if Dean Norris shows up...just because I really like Dean Norris as an actor - but since he's on Under the Dome now, that's unlikely.

I have very little interest in this show without Breaking Bad references.

Trelach24 02-18-15 02:47 PM

All of them. I implicitly trust Gilligan and the crew to get it right every single time.

Neil M. 02-18-15 02:57 PM

If they fit into the storylines, then I'm fine with any of them. I don't want to see BB characters just for the sake of seeing them.

Crocker Jarmen 02-18-15 03:00 PM

I just hope Gilligan makes sure to include a couple cameos/references to all the skateboard twin's friends and family just in case in six years time they decide to make a spin-off about them.

Mike86 02-18-15 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen (Post 12399372)
I just hope Gilligan makes sure to include a couple cameos/references to all the skateboard twin's friends and family just in case in six years time they decide to make a spin-off about them.

Yes let's continue to poke fun at my simple observation in the last Better Call Saul thread, because you know what I stated was such an out there idea to be curious to what the fate of certain characters may be. -rolleyes-

Mike86 02-18-15 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Neil M. (Post 12399370)
If they fit into the storylines, then I'm fine with any of them. I don't want to see BB characters just for the sake of seeing them.

I fully expect that will be the case with any cameos. The way Breaking Bad and so far Better Call Saul have been written there's pretty much a reason for everything and most things get tied together in some way eventually. Hence why I didn't think my wondering what the fate of some characters from Saul's past would be made into such a big issue with certain posters but apparently I'm crazy for wondering.

Space Ape Mafia 02-18-15 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 12399379)
Yes let's continue to poke fun at my simple observation in the last Better Call Saul thread, because you know what I stated was such an out there idea to be curious to what the fate of certain characters may be. -rolleyes-

It was the part where you said you thought it was odd Chuck and what's her name where never mentioned in BB that people are giving you a hard time about. Not that you are curious about what will happen in the future of BCS. Most people who watch tv are curious about what is going to happen next. Anyway just let it go.

Back to the topic. I don't really want to see anyone else from BB. That story was told. I want to see BCS stand on its own.

van der graaf 02-18-15 03:39 PM

Bogdan's eyebrows. How is that not an option?

http://static.episode39.it/character...g?t=1312199028

HN 02-18-15 03:40 PM

can't wait to see the type of fury Mike unleashes to get noticed/hired by Gus

astrochimp 02-18-15 03:46 PM

Badger!

Space Ape Mafia 02-18-15 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by HN (Post 12399413)
can't wait to see the type of fury Mike unleashes to get noticed/hired by Gus

Then it becomes a full Breaking Bad prequel and not the Saul story. I understand the characters from BB are a part of the Jimmy/Saul story but if they are going to do stuff like that they should just call it Getting Ready To Break Bad or something and make it a full prequel. I just want to see Saul's story.

musick 02-18-15 03:50 PM

Everyone knows it's Wendy

Groucho 02-18-15 04:16 PM

I want to see the origin of the minerals.

Mike86 02-18-15 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Space Ape Mafia (Post 12399424)
Then it becomes a full Breaking Bad prequel and not the Saul story. I understand the characters from BB are a part of the Jimmy/Saul story but if they are going to do stuff like that they should just call it Getting Ready To Break Bad or something and make it a full prequel. I just want to see Saul's story.

I'm sure there won't be an excessive amount of Breaking Bad references but it was always obvious that some stuff was going to crossover and that Better Call Saul was going to somewhat act as a precursor to some of the events that come later. The majority of the series is about Saul but some characters and future developments getting their start was a given from the get go given that the series is labeled as a prequel.

OldBoy 02-18-15 04:31 PM

none. just Mike and Saul for me.

bluetoast 02-18-15 05:10 PM

Calling it now, we'll be seeing Wendy in a less meth addled state.

Decker 02-18-15 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 12399296)
Skyler, and only Skyler.

What about <strike>Walt Jr</strike> Flynn?

JuryDuty 02-18-15 05:51 PM

I think anyone's a possibility, if nothing else than for an Easter Egg. I fully expect to see someone using a car wash one day and Walter's the one checking them out. Or someone walks by a school and there's Walt Jr. in the background. I'm sure they'll throw these kinds of things in just for fans.

That said, I expect people like Gus to eventually have small arcs in the series.