DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Person of Interest (S4E15) -- "Q&A" -- 2/17/15 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/625190-person-interest-s4e15-q-2-17-15-a.html)

DJariya 02-17-15 08:18 PM

Person of Interest (S4E15) -- "Q&A" -- 2/17/15

http://wwwimage.cbsstatic.com/base/f...3_wb_0130b.jpg

http://wwwimage.cbsstatic.com/base/f...75_d0785bc.jpg

REESE PROTECTS A SOFTWARE PROGRAMMER WITH A MYSTERIOUS SECOND LIFE, BUT IT'S UNCLEAR WHICH SIDE OF HER LIFE THE THREAT IS COMING FROM, ON "PERSON OF INTEREST," TUESDAY, FEB. 17

"Q & A" - Reese tries to protect a software programmer with a mysterious second life, but it's unclear which side of her life the threat is coming from. Meanwhile, Claire, a young hacker who Finch tried to protect from Samaritan, reaches out to him for aid, on PERSON OF INTEREST, Tuesday, Feb. 17 (10:01-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

Jim Caviezel (John Reese)
Michael Emerson (Harold Finch)
Kevin Chapman (Lionel Fusco)
Sarah Shahi (Sameen Shaw)
Amy Acker (Root)
RECURRING CAST:

John Nolan (Greer)
Quinn Shephard (Claire)
GUEST CAST:

Bella Dyne (Anna)
Ayana Workman (Receptionist)
Nick Westrate (Calvin)
Helene Yorke (Lauren)
Omar Maskati (Naresh)
Kay Tauginas (Alek)
Andrew Criss (Referee)
Patrick Brana (Gym Front Desk Guy)
Derrick Williams (Royce)
Kenneth McCoy (Busy Coder)
Fiona Choi (Samaritan Tech)
Louis Lourens (Samaritan Representative)
WRITTEN BY: Dan Dietz

DIRECTED BY: Stephen Semel

PhantomStranger 02-18-15 02:00 AM

Re: Person of Interest (S4E15) -- "Q&A" -- 2/17/15

Decent episode, though the twist could have been more of a surprise. It was pretty easy to tell something wasn't on the up and up.

~~ PAL ~~ 02-18-15 01:39 PM

My first reaction to Claire was that it was a set up, although they did add more reasonable doubts during the episode.

It's too bad we don't see Helene Yorke in Masters of Sex anymore.

DJariya 02-18-15 07:20 PM

Wasn't that surprised that Claire had ulterior motives.

Good to see Root back. I got a little back logged on episodes and powered through the last 4 episodes including this one. I actually have really enjoyed Amy Acker's work this season.

No one talked about last week's episode, but it was good to see Zoe back as well.

I was wondering why the heck John didn't ask the therapist out in last week's episode? Could it be not more obvious they were into each other?

PhantomStranger 02-18-15 10:08 PM

They have been very hands-off about pairing Reese up again since season 1. Supposedly Jim Caviezel has declined roles before that involve intimate scenes. It's possibly written into his contract he doesn't have to kiss on screen or something.

actionjackson29 02-19-15 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12399757)
They have been very hands-off about pairing Reese up again since season 1. Supposedly Jim Caviezel has declined roles before that involve intimate scenes. It's possibly written into his contract he doesn't have to kiss on screen or something.

Didn't he have an unscripted kiss with Carter that he initiated? And he has been shown to have flings with Zoe and his former CIA partner.

barelypure 02-19-15 08:38 AM

So Finch is so smart that he knew not to put the flash drive into his laptop. But he is so stupid not to realize he could just go to Best Buy and get a cheap laptop that's never been connected to anything to see what was on the flash drive. Kind of strains the credulity.

cleaver 02-19-15 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by barelypure (Post 12399988)
So Finch is so smart that he knew not to put the flash drive into his laptop. But he is so stupid not to realize he could just go to Best Buy and get a cheap laptop that's never been connected to anything to see what was on the flash drive. Kind of strains the credulity.

It activates a webcam or nearby cell phone camera, Samaritan sees that it's the irrelevant teacher with the flash drive and his cover identity is blown.

Deftones 02-19-15 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by barelypure (Post 12399988)

they were on the run, hiding in the shadows to prevent Samaritan from finding them. not like he can make a run to the local electronics store to buy a laptop.

PhantomStranger 02-19-15 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by actionjackson29 (Post 12399899)
Didn't he have an unscripted kiss with Carter that he initiated? And he has been shown to have flings with Zoe and his former CIA partner.

I think so but they have been very brief flirtations since season one. I wouldn't even call them B storylines or important to his character.

RocShemp 02-19-15 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by actionjackson29 (Post 12399899)
Didn't he have an unscripted kiss with Carter that he initiated?

Yeah, the final kiss between Carter and Reese was something improvised by Taraji P. Henson and Jim Caviezel. They felt it was necessary, despite it not being in the script.

wmansir 02-19-15 10:39 PM

Didn't really care for this episode. Like y'all, I suspected Claire as soon as she got shot and think they did a poor job of Harold vetting her story.

The Reese story was OK, but the CEO and his motivation didn't really work for me. The advertizing monitoring/manipulation idea is a good concept, but it would have worked better if they just had him be less Bond villain and more a desperate exec who didn't want his young startup strangled in the crib due to lawsuits stemming from a software bug that caused the program to go too far during beta testing.

I did like both the main guest actresses this week. I'm sure we'll see Claire again, and maybe Anna as well. Having John encourage her to pursue a professional MMA career was unexpected.

Originally Posted by cleaver (Post 12400197)
It activates a webcam or nearby cell phone camera, Samaritan sees that it's the irrelevant teacher with the flash drive and his cover identity is blown.

If they just needed his picture they could have easily obtained it. If team Samaritan could bring a sniper team into the dark zone for the Claire meeting then surely they could have taken a camera.

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 12400445)
they were on the run, hiding in the shadows to prevent Samaritan from finding them. not like he can make a run to the local electronics store to buy a laptop.

They were sticking to the shadows because Claire could have been ID'd. The hardware override is still protecting Harold. Whether he believed Claire or not he's a smart enough guy to know he should treat the drive with extreme caution. There was no urgent reason to view the USB contents until he had her in a secure location and could safely access it.

PhantomStranger 02-19-15 11:58 PM

Was that actress a real MMA fighter? She seemed to have very good moves for an actress. Maybe she was a stuntwoman they picked for the role.

dalbowski 02-20-15 02:02 AM

With what's Reese has been through all he needs is his job and Bear.

MikahC 02-20-15 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12401052)
Was that actress a real MMA fighter? She seemed to have very good moves for an actress. Maybe she was a stuntwoman they picked for the role.

I watch a lot of WMMA (Women's MMA... UFC, Invicta, etc.) and I agree it came off well. It looks like Anna Mueller was played by Bella Dayne, who is only listed as an actress. So it looks like it was just good stunt work. There were some technique things I noticed (like not getting exact placement and not arching the hips on the arm bar), but then again, I see those mistakes in real MMA too, so it was hard to tell. Too bad they didn't have her fighting a real MMA fighter like they did on Almost Human. If they can get Astro from The X-Factor for a role, they can get a real MMA fighter.

I especially noted the line about how maybe she could fight somewhere where it's legal since one of the UFC's biggest gripes is that "underhanded tactics" are keeping MMA from being legal in NYC.