The Flash (S1E14) -- "Fallout" -- 2/17/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-17-15, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

THE FLASH

"Fallout" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, DV) (HDTV)

GENERAL EILING TARGETS FIRESTORM - After the nuclear explosion separates Ronnie (guest star Robbie Amell) and Dr. Stein (guest star Victor Garber), Barry (Grant Gustin) and the team believe both men are safe. Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) is thrilled to have her fiancé back and prepares to resume their life together while Dr. Stein returns to his wife. However, when General Eiling (guest star Clancy Brown) targets Firestorm, Ronnie and Dr. Stein must decide if they are safer together or apart. Meanwhile, Mason Bridge (guest star Roger Hayworth) tells Iris (Candice Patton) that there is something secretive going on at S.T.A.R. Labs and Dr. Stein gives Barry some important information about time travel. Steve Surjik directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Ben Sokolowski (#114). Original airdate 2/17/2015.

Episode 14 of 23
Old 02-17-15, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Flash (S1E14) -- "Fallout" -- 2/17/15

Does Barry even need to wear a mask? It seems like everyone except Iris knows who he is, and supposedly, she's the reporter.

The end sequences always seem to make me giddy. "Not God..."

p.s. I'm not too thrilled that we won't have new episodes for a month.

Last edited by dfmaverick2; 02-17-15 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-17-15, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by dfmaverick2 View Post
Does Barry even need to wear a mask? It seems like everyone except Iris knows who he is, and supposedly, she's the reporter.

The end sequences always seem to make me giddy. "Not God..."

p.s. I'm not too thrilled that we won't have new episodes for a month.
I thought the same thing about his identity.
That episode was freaking awesome. I was worried the episode would be all about his mom. Didn't realize they were going to follow up firestorm.

Why did Wells kill the general? Was it because he found out who Barry was?
Old 02-17-15, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jwb0323 View Post
I thought the same thing about his identity.
That episode was freaking awesome. I was worried the episode would be all about his mom. Didn't realize they were going to follow up firestorm.

Why did Wells kill the general? Was it because he found out who Barry was?
He stated why, to protect his own. The general was making gear to bring down the flash and firestorm making him a threat not only to them but to Wells himself.

Now I'm not sure that would work in real or even using comic logic. They'll just put someone else in charge that will do the same thing and probably be more motivated to capture meta humans. However, I think the show will just write off the military as a threat.

Last edited by Baron Of Hell; 02-18-15 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-18-15, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Man. Seeing Grodd made me smile. That was awesome.
Old 02-18-15, 06:21 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I want a Firestorm spinoff!
Old 02-18-15, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The special effects for Firestorm really are great. Amazing that its not only a TV show but a show on The CW.

Very awesome seeing Grodd at the end.
Old 02-18-15, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"The last time I did this was to a gorilla."

Old 02-18-15, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So, someone with DC knowledge refresh my memory, Firestorm couldn't separate, right? I see why they are doing it here, since they have 2 actors.

Pretty fucking awesome to see Gorilla Grodd in the flesh on a TV show.
Old 02-18-15, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So, someone with DC knowledge refresh my memory, Firestorm couldn't separate, right? I see why they are doing it here, since they have 2 actors.
Depends on which continuity and which writer but as of now they can split and merge together again. They basically covered both versions of Firestorm in two episodes. The one where they permanently merge, and the one where they can split off.

Really good episode again. I had no idea that they were doing a two parter with Firestorm. It makes me want a Firestorm spin off now!

I also really like how they are slowly introducing Grodd as this scary force. I can't wait to see what they do with him.

Also cool to see Dr. Wells unmask wearing the Reverse Flash costume. I also think the RV costume is made better and wish they had The Flash suit look like that. Wells motivation is still really intriguing as well.
Old 02-18-15, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The original Firestorm (Ronnie and Stein) could separate and continue to have normal lives until Firestorm was needed. At first, Stein didn't remember his time as Firestorm because he was unconscious during the accident - Ronnie was in control and Stein was "in his head" as an advisor. Once separated, Stein couldn't explain his blackouts and questioned his sanity. Eventually, Ronnie explained everything to him and all was good for a bit.

They didn't have to be near each other to merge either. Ronnie could be at school and suddenly decide to become Firestorm and Stein would vanish in the middle of a shower.

Conway's original Firestorm run (Vol. 1 and 2) were great! Then they started introducing more characters into the Firestorm Matrix and it got complicated.
Old 02-18-15, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome episode. Nice to see they aren't afraid of bringing other big DC metas into the series. How long before The Atom makes an appearance?

Also, anyone notice Grodd can apparently control minds without a helmet?
Old 02-18-15, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by robin2099 View Post
Also cool to see Dr. Wells unmask wearing the Reverse Flash costume. I also think the RV costume is made better and wish they had The Flash suit look like that. Wells motivation is still really intriguing as well.
I think it's because he's from the future so he already has the "iconic" costume. In the newspaper picture from the future, Barry's wearing the traditional red with yellow lightning over white circle costume so I'm guessing at some point we still end up with the more iconic suit. I actually thought it was going to be one of the previous episodes where he lost the one he has but Cisco had spares apparently.

As for Grodd, all I know about him is his name and that he's a gorilla. How is he a threat to Flash in the comics?
Old 02-18-15, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
As for Grodd, all I know about him is his name and that he's a gorilla. How is he a threat to Flash in the comics?
Spoiler:
Gorilla Grodd is a hyper-intelligent telepathic gorilla with the power to control the minds of others. (Brief synopsis from wikipedia)
Old 02-18-15, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post

Pretty fucking awesome to see Gorilla Grodd in the flesh on a TV show.
He could in Superfriends. And like was said earlier - they did not need to be next to each other to merge.

Loved seeing Grodd.
Old 02-18-15, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

No problem with me with Flash not having his bettr costume since he basically just became the Flash relatively recently and Cisco hasn't made the final version yet.
a few eps ago Cisco asked Barry to stopped destroying them since he only has 2 or 3 left
or something similar to that.
Old 02-18-15, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have been paying pretty close attention to the Flash's costumes, it looks like the wardrobe dept. has several ones they rotate through for different types of shots. Which isn't unusual for television, but it looks like there are slight differences between them. I don't think all of them are even made with the same material.

Seeing Grodd at the end was awesome. I thought this show might change him up for television and drop the mind powers, but no, that's classic Grodd. Grodd is one of DC's cooler villains, there is a reason he made the Legion of Doom.

I wonder if we ever get

Spoiler:
Gorilla City?
Old 02-19-15, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did Grodd (in the comics) ever have mental powers without wearing the helmet he made?
Old 02-19-15, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes.
Old 02-19-15, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Loved this episode.

Great special FX as usual. Really enjoyed Amell and Garber in this. I hope they will return in the future. Firestorm is awesome and I'm glad to see he has more control over his ability.

This storyline that they touched on with Barry possibly doing some time travel to save his Mom has me intrigued. I wonder if they will hold that until the finale?

And why the heck is The Flash taking a break, but Arrow is not?
Old 02-19-15, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The break is unusual during this early in Sweeps. I wonder if the FX crew needed more preparation time for Gorilla Grodd and that caused the delay? This show has had pretty great VFX for a network series. I was expecting everything before it started to look much worse.
Old 02-19-15, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Since it's already been confirmed that Barry will indeed
Spoiler:
go back in time (accidentally at first) and alter the past which in turn will cause a total paradigm shift to the current status quo.
My question is, will Arrow also be similarly affected or will the two shows cease to be interconnected?
Old 02-19-15, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

I imagine they'll just do one or two episodes of timey whimey wacky hijinks and then Barry will fix things to how they were supposed to be and we can be fucking done with that god awful opening show theme monolog about his mom getting killed by the impossible and him becoming the improbable or whatever.

Time will go back to normal and what not.
Old 02-19-15, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Cosmic treadmill time!
Old 02-19-15, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
Also, anyone notice Grodd can apparently control minds without a helmet?
Maybe I am not connecting the dots, but when has Grodd used mind control during this Flash series during his very brief appearances?

Last edited by hdnmickey; 02-19-15 at 01:29 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.