DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Gotham (S1E16) -- "The Blind Fortune Teller" -- 2/16/15 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/625174-gotham-s1e16-blind-fortune-teller-2-16-15-a.html)

DJariya 02-16-15 04:30 PM

Gotham (S1E16) -- "The Blind Fortune Teller" -- 2/16/15

http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2015/02/1...3dfd8_960w.jpg

LIFE IN GOTHAM BECOMES A THREE-RING CIRCUS ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" MONDAY, FEBRUARY 16, ON FOX

Gordon takes Dr. Leslie Thompkins (guest star Morena Baccarin) to the circus, but the day turns quickly when the circus comes under attack. Then, Falcone enlists Butch Gilzean to help Penguin with the night club, while Fish Mooney is otherwise occupied. Also, Bruce Wayne schedules a meeting with the Wayne Enterprises board in the all new "The Blind Fortune Teller" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Feb. 16 (8:00-9:00 ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-116) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish Mooney, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Zabryna Guevara as Captain Sarah Essen, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the future Riddler, Victoria Cartagena as Renee Montoya, Andrew Stewart Jones as Crispus Allen, John Doman as Carmine Falcone

Guest Cast: Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean, Morena Baccarin as Dr. Leslie Thompkins, Carol Kane as Gertrude Kapelput, Anthony Carrigan as Victor Zsasz, Dashiell Eaves as Kelly, James Monroe Inglehart as Ringmaster, Robert Gorrie as John Grayson, Abbi Snee as Mary Lloyd, Cameron Monaghan as Jerome

Episode 16 of 22

hanshotfirst1138 02-16-15 11:33 PM

That reveal of the crazy kid might've worked if they hadn't spoiled it in the preview last week.

Baron Of Hell 02-16-15 11:49 PM

Re: Gotham (S1E16) -- "The Blind Fortune Teller" -- 2/16/15

Or if everyone and their momma hadn't been talking about it to those that hadn't watch the preview.

Jackskeleton 02-17-15 02:09 AM

Come on, there's no fucking way that reveal would have worked anyway when they were telegraphing it from the get go and ham fisting the flying grayson's into the whole thing.

The actor better be careful. This and Shameless will get him type casted pretty quickly.

TGM 02-17-15 05:51 AM

great episode. loved the nod to the Ceasar Romero Joker costume with the dad.

PhantomStranger 02-17-15 02:56 PM

I did get a charge from seeing the Flying Graysons. That guy looks like a dead-ringer for Burt Ward's father. I've been happier with the kid playing Bruce lately, his delivery has greatly improved. While that boardroom scene was the stuff of pure fantasy, it felt good. Are they indicating a few board members were ultimately behind the Waynes' murders?

This episode felt refreshing since it was a change of pace from the mind-numbing procedural formula, Gordon has better chemistry with the doctor than he does with Bullock.

Deftones 02-17-15 03:42 PM

Meh, even the Joker stuff, but I did like Bruce going in and bitch slapping the board of directors. :lol:

JTH182 02-17-15 04:33 PM

Heart and Soul?

taffer 02-17-15 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 12398242)
I did like Bruce going in and bitch slapping the board of directors. :lol:

It reminded me of the time Bruce's son, Damian, bitch slapped the board of directors. I'm not sure if it was intentional or just a coincidence.

Scans of Damian in front of the board in spoiler tags for size:

hanshotfirst1138 02-17-15 06:16 PM

Poor Barbara was deeply upset to see Jim "sailing" with someone else. Probably at full mast.

"I love it."
Howard Stern
Really? So professional critics have no weight whatsoever anymore? We now just grab random laudatory quotes from shock jocks?!

Axeramm 02-17-15 10:34 PM

To be fair, Howard Stern is at least a name many people would recognize.

PhantomStranger 02-18-15 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Axeramm (Post 12398566)
To be fair, Howard Stern is at least a name many people would recognize.

And his listeners are well known to follow his endorsements and the stuff he hawks.

DJariya 02-18-15 09:00 PM

:thumbsup: Loved seeing Barbara pissed after all that training from Ivy and Selena. :lol: I blame Bruno Heller and his writers for writing her as such a miserable bitch.

With Morena Baccarin being cast in Deadpool, I wonder how much more we'll see if Lee in the future. I really like her and Jim.

Ian from Shameless was not bad as a pre-Joker.

Seeing the flying Grayson's and Bruce leading a meeting at Wayne enterprises were nice little teases of what is to come in Gotham's future.

hanshotfirst1138 02-18-15 11:30 PM

Why exactly Barbara walked into her apartment for which she was paying a significant amount of money and simply said "wassup" after seeing two people with whom she had no familiarity and were probably street urchins with illnesses eating her food, I am still hazy on. But then, I'm not entirely sure why she was taking fashion advice from prepubescent girls who dress in rags either.

dfmaverick2 02-18-15 11:42 PM

When you're wasted, everyone is your friend.

will travel 02-19-15 01:03 AM

Whats the deal with Oswald face? It looked reddy. Like he had the measles.

JTH182 02-19-15 01:41 AM

Ha, I was wondering the same thing. I don't remember him ever having freckles before.

RocShemp 02-19-15 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by JTH182 (Post 12399862)
Ha, I was wondering the same thing. I don't remember him ever having freckles before.

Yeah, the freckles stood out to me as well.

RocShemp 02-19-15 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 (Post 12399817)
Why exactly Barbara walked into her apartment for which she was paying a significant amount of money and simply said "wassup" after seeing two people with whom she had no familiarity and were probably street urchins with illnesses eating her food, I am still hazy on. But then, I'm not entirely sure why she was taking fashion advice from prepubescent girls who dress in rags either.

Because Barbara is an idiot and a waste of oxygen. What disappoints me is that, now that she's no longer trying to get into Barbara's pants, Montoya dropped off the face of the Earth. Heck, even her partner, Officer Token Black Guy, has gone missing and no one noticed.

PhantomStranger 02-19-15 02:12 AM

If you hadn't brought this up, I probably would have mentioned it. Barbara walks in and suddenly bonds with two free-loading street urchins that have taken over her place. What!?

Does Barbara become a criminal now that James Gordon is dating someone else?

raven56706 02-19-15 07:43 AM

will they ever make penguin fat?

Kdogg 02-19-15 09:13 AM

Doesn't Barbara know Selena? I thought Jim brought her around before stashing her at Wayne Manor. That's my Barbara asked her where Jim was instead of throwing them back on the street.

Baron Of Hell 02-19-15 09:20 AM

Barbara never met Selena before this. She wasn't around when Gordon brought Selena over.

They missed a comedy moment when they could have had Barbara recognize Ivy's voice.

PhantomStranger 02-19-15 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by raven56706 (Post 12399944)
will they ever make penguin fat?

In season 8 the Penguin gets an eating disorder.:lol: All I want is the monocle and smoker at some point. We know what happened to Constantine's smoking on NBC. It's very possible that WB wouldn't want one of their iconic Batman villains smoking on television.

Eric F 02-19-15 07:34 PM

Penguin's already binging and purging, after a while he gets tired of the later...

Hey, in the last episode Constantine was smoking up a storm. Maybe in the last episode of Gotham Penguin will do the same.:lol: