Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The DVDTalk Survivor Game Spring 2015 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-15, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: The DVDTalk Survivor Game Spring 2015 Edition

Congrats, Damfino! And thanks for the apology at the final tribal. I forgive you.
Old 05-21-15, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

The DVDTalk version of Mike's happy dance...

I knew going in to tonight's finale that my only chance would be to win both immunities and somehow get the jury votes. As I write this, I still don't know who Dan voted for as he was banging his head on the podium.

Ironically, I thought I was doomed back in week one when Mike ate that scorpion. I thought I had drafted a moron!

Ultimately, this might be more satisfying than my win with Tony in brains vs braun vs beauty because that win only happened thanks to Woo's questionable strategy.
Old 05-21-15, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Congratulations to outcastja and our founder Goat3001 for taking 2nd and 3rd place!

Please send me a PM with your name and the email address of your Amazon account and I'll get your prizes to you ASAP.
Old 05-21-15, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Damfino
The DVDTalk version of Mike's happy dance...

I knew going in to tonight's finale that my only chance would be to win both immunities and somehow get the jury votes. As I write this, I still don't know who Dan voted for as he was banging his head on the podium.

Ironically, I thought I was doomed back in week one when Mike ate that scorpion. I thought I had drafted a moron!

Ultimately, this might be more satisfying than my win with Tony in brains vs braun vs beauty because that win only happened thanks to Woo's questionable strategy.
Rodney voted for Will and Sierra voted for Carolyn. The rest all voted for Mike. Jeff would have shown the other votes had any gone to those two just to build suspense.

So you've won 2 out of the last 3? Damn!
Old 05-21-15, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

Congratulations Damfino! Thanks again to you and JuryDuty for heading up the game.
Old 05-21-15, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Damfino! And thanks for hosting the game.

I was out after the first episode but followed the thread to see who was left.
Old 05-22-15, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

So the founder and the game runner both finish in the money... The fix is in folks!
Old 05-23-15, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Congrats, Damfino! (And thanks for running the game.) So now you and Quack are the only two-time Survivor winners.
Old 05-25-15, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Congratulations to outcastja and our founder Goat3001 for taking 2nd and 3rd place!

Please send me a PM with your name and the email address of your Amazon account and I'll get your prizes to you ASAP.
Still waiting to hear from outcastja
Old 06-04-15, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Still waiting to hear from outcastja
Paging outcastja! Your prize is waiting for you! Just send me a PM with your name and the email address of your Amazon account.

I usually wait until the winners have been paid before I make my final post of the season, but it's been 2 weeks and I still haven't heard from outcastja.

====

Thanks to all for participating this season and a special thanks to JuryDuty for the graphics.

I'd also like to thank those of you who continued to express confidence in Mike's ability after I gave up on him after the scorpion incident.

The traditional Survivor game will return in the fall as our own version of the 2nd chance game which will run parallel to the one we've already started.
Old 06-04-15, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Paging outcastja! Your prize is waiting for you! Just send me a PM with your name and the email address of your Amazon account.

I usually wait until the winners have been paid before I make my final post of the season, but it's been 2 weeks and I still haven't heard from outcastja.

====

Thanks to all for participating this season and a special thanks to JuryDuty for the graphics.

I'd also like to thank those of you who continued to express confidence in Mike's ability after I gave up on him after the scorpion incident.

The traditional Survivor game will return in the fall as our own version of the 2nd chance game which will run parallel to the one we've already started.
Thanks Damfino for running this game. The editors were tricky this season. I thought for sure after the whole scorpion incident and the religiosity that Mike displayed in episode 1 that he wasn't going anywhere near the prize money. Plus, Jenn getting the lone survivor quote after the turtle reward made me think I had a shot. Looking forward to the returning fan voted in season.