Banshee (S3E06) -- "We Were All Someone Else Yesterday" -- 2/13/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-13-15, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

First Aired: February 13, 2015
As the FBI plans a raid on the Redbone compound, Lucas goes after Chayton on his own. Meanwhile, Rebecca is upset to learn of her uncle's romance with Emily; and Deva shows interest in a handsome stranger.

Episode 6 of 10

In case you missed it or didn't read last week's thread again:

Banshee renewed for a 8 episode 4th season for 2016

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-season-772756

They're moving production to Pittsburgh to save on costs because North Carolina dropped their tax incentive program.
Old 02-13-15, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Banshee (S3E06) -- "We Were All Someone Else Yesterday" -- 2/13/15

I am wondering if those drug dealers will tie into next season and the change of location. I thought Chayton was going down. Guess not. I liked that what could have been have been flashbacks. Next week's preview looks insane.
Old 02-14-15, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Very different episode. After the last 3 weeks of absolute chaos, I thought this was a pretty good change of pace. It was more focused about the aftermath of Siobhan's death and how Hood was filled with rage and wanting revenge against Chayton. You could say this was kind of an artsy episode.

I liked how Job became a focal point as well as he saw Hood making stupid decisions because of his rage. And Chayton is still one crazy fucker. Glad that Aimee survived. That was pretty fucking stupid of her to let her guard down like that.

I liked the alternate fantasy scenario with the real Hood surviving. I think that just showed that things probably wouldn't have gone straight to hell had he survived and "Hood" bolting.

at how Rebecca was getting off on being charge and then Proctor put her in place. I think there are some serious screws loose with her and something is going to happen. Brock's ex might be a victim of her if I had to make a guess since she's now sleeping with Kai.

Very cool that Robert John Burke guest starred. He's been in a lot of shit in the last couple of years. In fact he was just on Allegiance on NBC Thursday night.

The preview for next week looks crazy. It had a very FPS vibe.
Old 02-14-15, 09:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really liked this episode, especially after the intensity from last week. Good send off for Siobhan and the "flashbacks" were good all around. Probably especially tough seeing how his family would be better off. Hood's in a rough place right now. Kind of feel sorry for him.
Old 02-14-15, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this episode was too much of a suspension of reality for me.

chayton now has the mutant healing factor and after being stabbed deeply in the leg and the blade literally twisted over and over, just runs it off and is healed by the time he jumps into the water. he laughs off a bullet wound because it is a puny 9mm to the shoulder. i also don't think no matter how far off the deep end he goes, he wouldn't kill someone who took him in as a child and grew up like a sister to him.

i prefer my wolverine/christ figure to only be Hood.

sort of spoiler that Geno Segers name was in the credits. i guess he isn't going anywhere for awhile.

i don't like his catchphrase is "shhhhhh" now. i would prefer "pop pop"

what FBI is waiting until morning to move in, the fed bureau of idiots? let's not use that whole darkness thing to our advantage, or use night vision or anything. let's wait until morning so they can see us.

i am curious where kai is going with what he did to Rebecca. maybe wants to drive her back home?

i kinda liked the alternate reality black and white stuff. reinforced how much i will miss Siobhan.

when is the marine base storyline going to start?

i am going into withdrawal waiting for a main character to doff their top. if it isn't going to be Deva, i will settle for Sugar.
Old 02-16-15, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre View Post
this episode was too much of a suspension of reality for me.

chayton now has the mutant healing factor and after being stabbed deeply in the leg and the blade literally twisted over and over, just runs it off and is healed by the time he jumps into the water. he laughs off a bullet wound because it is a puny 9mm to the shoulder. i also don't think no matter how far off the deep end he goes, he wouldn't kill someone who took him in as a child and grew up like a sister to him.
That whole scene sucked and not just because Hood was suddenly both stupid and ineffective.
Old 02-16-15, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The heist basically has to start next week right?
Old 02-16-15, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981 View Post
The heist basically has to start next week right?
pretty sure it does if you go off what they showed in the previews.
Old 02-16-15, 12:23 PM

I guess I'm in the minority as I didn't care for the B&W flashback/what ifs. We don't know that the real Hood wouldn't have had the same problems with Kai and the Redbones and the Nazis, etc. Maybe he runs afoul of Kai and he's killed the next day. He didn't seem very bright pulling his gun on the 2 robbers.

As to Rebecca, I'm not sure where they're going with her. But I can see Brock's ex being in some sort of danger.
Old 02-16-15, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunde View Post
That whole scene sucked and not just because Hood was suddenly both stupid and ineffective.
Yeah, while chasing Chayton (who should've been slowed down to a crawl) Hood tripped and fell down for literally two seconds, during which time Chayton got a good 2 minutes ahead of him. I know this show is over the top, but it doesn't need to be stupid.

And then when Proctor was about to make out with his mom's caretaker (who was there for what, one, two days), I'm all, nah, the show won't go there, too contrived/stupid, but then they fuck. Makes no sense.
Old 02-16-15, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Yeah, while chasing Chayton (who should've been slowed down to a crawl) Hood tripped and fell down for literally two seconds, during which time Chayton got a good 2 minutes ahead of him. I know this show is over the top, but it doesn't need to be stupid.

And then when Proctor was about to make out with his mom's caretaker (who was there for what, one, two days), I'm all, nah, the show won't go there, too contrived/stupid, but then they fuck. Makes no sense.
Not really. The part between Kai and Brock's ex seemed normal. He was at a weak point in his life with his mother passing. And she'd screw at the drop of a hat and would drop the hat herself. Remember she'd call Brock over when she was lonely and there are women like that. She sees a man of means, handsome and vulnerable, if she hadn't tried to take advantage of that situation that would have been stupid.
Old 02-16-15, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by barelypure View Post
Not really. The part between Kai and Brock's ex seemed normal. He was at a weak point in his life with his mother passing. And she'd screw at the drop of a hat and would drop the hat herself. Remember she'd call Brock over when she was lonely and there are women like that. She sees a man of means, handsome and vulnerable, if she hadn't tried to take advantage of that situation that would have been stupid.
Exactly Brock's ex is a desperate middle aged woman. She said in the previous episode of how lonely she is and Banshee is a small town. She doesn't have much to choose from for potential new suitors. I don't think them hooking up was contrived. She's desperate and he's vulnerable because of the death of his Mom.
Old 02-17-15, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Totally. And even before that, Hood drawing out the killing when he knows the FBI's closing in fast seemed contrived too. Reminded me of Austin Powers, when his son is like, "Why don't you just shoot him right now with that gun?" and Austin Powers says, "No, I'm going to hang them over the sharks and them lower them in without watching," or something like that. Too cliché to be "almost" about to kill someone only to be thwarted at the last possible second. And then Chayton takes off like Steve Prefontaine...
Old 02-17-15, 02:36 PM

All I know is if Hood thought Chayton was pissed before he ain't seen nothing. That's going to be 1 pissed off big Indian. I got this funny feeling that he's going to stumble across the party house and take Hood's daughter captive to draw Hood out.
Old 02-17-15, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought it was a good follow up episode. I'm really curious to see where the story goes now because honestly I have no clue. I don't know whats going on with the redbones being captured. Whats going on with Rebecca. How the heist fits in to everything.

They've been doing a good job of switching everything up. Not sure about next weeks preview though I hope the entire episode isn't shot that way.