Reload this Page >

The Vampire Diaries (S6E14) -- "Stay" -- 2/12/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-12-15, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

"Stay" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

GOODBYE, MYSTIC FALLS - It's Jeremy's (Steven R. McQueen) last day in Mystic Falls and Elena (Nina Dobrev) puts on a brave face as they reminisce about their past. Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Caroline (Candice Accola) find themselves growing closer as they prepare Caroline's family cabin for her mother to live out her final days. While packing up her office, Sheriff Forbes (guest star Marguerite MacInytre) turns to Damon (Ian Somerhalder) for help solving one of her remaining open cases involving Elena's parents. Elsewhere, when a violent confrontation with Enzo (Michael Malarkey) leaves Jeremy wondering whether he should leave or not, Matt (Zach Roerig) finds his own life on the line after Enzo lures him and Sarah Salvatore (guest star Tristan Mays) into his dangerous plan. Lastly, Caroline rushes to the hospital after learning her mother has taken a turn for the worse. Chris Grismer directed the episode written by Brian Young & Caroline Dries (#614). Original airdate 2/12/2015.

Read more: Listings - VAMPIRE DIARIES, THE on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3Rb2dVNZe

This is Steven R. McQueen's final episode.
Old 02-13-15, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries (S6E14) -- "Stay" -- 2/12/15

Sheriff Forbes. Resurrection time!
Old 02-13-15, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm calling it. Vampire Matt in the next episode.
Old 02-13-15, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Why exactly was Caroline making eyes at Stefan while her mother was off dying someplace else? It must have taken forever to wait for that shot of the sunlight hitting them as they kissed.

When did Damon become every character's best friend on this show? At times he has been Ric's best friend, Sheriff Forbes' friend, Bonnie's BFF in Purgatory, and was once Enzo's only friend.
Old 02-13-15, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damon became the Sheriff's best friend after he compelled Caroline to have sex with him in season 1. For someone reason the sheriff thought being a rapist is a charming quality in a man especial for her daughter.
Old 02-15-15, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This show is really passive about people killing standard humans. Vampire or not their *friend* is a psycho serial killer.
Old 02-15-15, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What really hit home to me this episode was how virtually every character is an unrepentant drunkard. The amount of hard drinking on this series has gotten ridiculous. It was fine for Damon or a couple of characters, but every character now drowns their sorrows or celebrates with hard liquor.
Old 02-15-15, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They need to drink to forget that their BFF is a psycho killer.
Old 02-15-15, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm up to date but haven't been posting much.

The season started off good by taking a break from all the high dram and focusing on the individuals and their issues. However, the lack of a season big bad has really hurt the season. I guess it's the prick witch, but not sure what the issue really is if he gets his covens power.

Enzo is beyond old and his "plan", whatever that may be, is just tired and old.

Poor Sherif Forbes. She's been around since the beginning and this is how she goes out. I wonder if the actress wanted to move on.

Maybe we'll get a new sheriff.

Odd they'd get rid of Jeremey in the same episode. Talk about pruning the cast.

Then again some people are missing for swaths at a time (Bonnie, Matt, Tyler, etc.). Pretty sure we don't have a show runner this year. They clearly don't know what to do with everybody and let characters disappear so we don't have to follow dumb plots.

Also makes me wonder why Alaric came back. Character hasn't had much plot this year except getting a girlfriend.
Old 02-15-15, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So are the only parents alive Bonnie's vampire ex-witch mother and Matt's MIA mom. The Gilberts (both Jeremy's and Elena's) - dead, the Lockwoods - dead, the Forbes - dead, the Salvatores - dead.
Old 02-15-15, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the problem is that a few of the central stars are commanding a much bigger portion of the budget, so the days of it being a large ensemble cast are over. This is how all CW shows are run once they hit a certain point in their lifecycle.

It's rumored this is what happened to Bonnie when Kat Graham got squeezed over financial negotiations with the show.