DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E06) -- "A Sin to Err" -- 2/10/15 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/625079-marvels-agent-carter-s1e06-sin-err-2-10-15-a.html)

DJariya 02-10-15 03:57 PM

Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E06) -- "A Sin to Err" -- 2/10/15

http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2015/02/0...e90a6_960w.jpg

PEGGY DISCOVERS HER GREATEST ENEMY MAY BE CLOSER THAN SHE THINKS, ON "MARVEL'S AGENT CARTER" ON ABC

"A Sin to Err" - Peggy discovers the shocking truth about Leviathan but doesn't realize that her true enemies are even closer than she imagined. Meanwhile, Souza is close to confirming the truth about Peggy and may just put her in the crosshairs of the SSR, on "Marvel's Agent Carter," TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 10 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agent Carter" stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Chad Michael Murray as Agent Jack Thompson, Enver Gjokaj as Agent Daniel Sousa and Shea Whigham as Chief Roger Dooley.

"Marvel's Agent Carter" stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Chad Michael Murray as Agent Jack Thompson, Enver Gjokaj as Agent Daniel Sousa and Shea Whigham as Chief Roger Dooley.

Guest starring are Lyndsy Fonseca as Angie Marinelli, Alexander Carroll as Agent Yauch, Ralph Brown as Dr. Ivchenko, Meagan Fay as Miriam Fry, Bridget Regan as Dottie Underwood, Devin Ratray as Sheldon McFee, Steven Hack as Albert, Rick Peters as Dr. Honicky, Dimiter D. Marinov as Fyodor, Dave Matos as Pasha, Victoria Profeta as Josephine, Yasmine Aker as Thelma, Krista Marie Yu as Edith, Kellen Michael as Small Boy, Joyce Greenleaf as Esther, Mike Massa as SSR Agent #1, Marcus Young as SSR Agent #2, and Denney Pierce as SSR Agent #3, .

"A Sin to Err" was written by Lindsey Allen and directed by Stephen Williams.

Episode 6 of 8

fumanstan 02-11-15 12:51 AM

Re: Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E06) -- "A Sin to Err" -- 2/10/15

Really enjoyed seeing every thing out in the open in this episode. The whole message between the Russian guy and gal really threw me; totally thought she was going to kill him for talking. It seems like Fonseca's character wasn't anything special after all given what happened.

Feels weird that there's only 2 episodes left to wrap everything up.

Joe Schmoe 02-11-15 07:07 AM

Enjoyed this episode a lot. Sorry it will be ending soon. I like this more than Agents of Shield.

Josh-da-man 02-11-15 08:42 AM

I think that only having eight episodes is what makes this work so much better than Agents of SHIELD. It moves along at a faster pace, there aren't any filler episodes dragging it down, and it is using the time it's gives to tell a tight, economical tale.

Baron Of Hell 02-11-15 09:34 AM

Didn't care for the episodes. The kiss was pandering to males. You have this super black widow spy that killed a guy in a instant and yet with Peggy she kisses her and then delays the kill.

Jarvis getting slapped over and over I guess was suppose to be funny but I found it kind of sexist.

I didn't like the way they had Peggy handle the interrogation scene. She came off as rude and disrespectful. I also didn't understand why she didn't go interrogate the guy after the other guys were done.

I didn't hate the episode. I liked the mind control scenes. This was just a disappointing episode for me.

barelypure 02-11-15 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell (Post 12392492)
Didn't care for the episodes. The kiss was pandering to males. You have this super black widow spy that killed a guy in a instant and yet with Peggy she kisses her and then delays the kill.

Jarvis getting slapped over and over I guess was suppose to be funny but I found it kind of sexist.

I didn't like the way they had Peggy handle the interrogation scene. She came off as rude and disrespectful. I also didn't understand why she didn't go interrogate the guy after the other guys were done.

I didn't hate the episode. I liked the mind control scenes. This was just a disappointing episode for me.

I don't know that the kiss was pandering. Then again to have whatever drug ready on a chance meeting instead of a gun seems a little odd.

Considering the times this takes place in slapping Jarvis was in character. Perhaps not in this day and age since many women will have sex with a perfect stranger at the drop of a hat and many will drop the hat themselves.

I saw it as her being fixated on her target/goal and the interrogation was irritating as once again her fellow agents were dismissing her and her talents.

I didn't like the mind control scene. It seemed forced and rushed esp. against the agent.

Neil M. 02-11-15 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 12392440)
I think that only having eight episodes is what makes this work so much better than Agents of SHIELD. It moves along at a faster pace, there aren't any filler episodes dragging it down, and it is using the time it's gives to tell a tight, economical tale.

I feel the exact opposite. I think this show had a good beginning, slow middle, and now it seems to be picking up the pace. They could have easily made this an entertaining 5 or 6 episode miniseries. Other than the first half of the first season, AoS has been a much better show.

hanshotfirst1138 02-11-15 12:33 PM

Something actually happened this week!

Iron_Giant 02-11-15 03:05 PM

Love the twist that they have thrown into the show last night.

Last 2 shows should wrap it all up...with some of the events spilling into the future.

fumanstan 02-11-15 03:16 PM

I'm curious what the end of the show is. I had always assumed it would be the creation of SHIELD, but I guess that seems unlikely given where Peggy is now with only 2 episodes to go.

joe_b 02-11-15 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by barelypure (Post 12392543)
I don't know that the kiss was pandering. Then again to have whatever drug ready on a chance meeting instead of a gun seems a little odd.

I don't get the lipstick drug thing anyway. Wouldn't it have the same effect on the person wearing it?

VHS? 02-11-15 05:38 PM

So why did Lee Harvey have to put that entire riffle together if all she was going to use was the scope.
I know they wanted us to think she was going to shoot, but c'mon. Stuff like that is tired.

Joe Schmoe 02-11-15 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by VHS? (Post 12392987)
So why did Lee Harvey have to put that entire riffle together if all she was going to use was the scope.
I know they wanted us to think she was going to shoot, but c'mon. Stuff like that is tired.

Didn't the gun flash a signal?

VHS? 02-11-15 07:11 PM

The scope did. Other than that ,the rest of the gun went unused as far as I could tell.

PhantomStranger 02-11-15 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 12392876)
I'm curious what the end of the show is. I had always assumed it would be the creation of SHIELD, but I guess that seems unlikely given where Peggy is now with only 2 episodes to go.

You have to remember this "limited" series was always prepared to become a full series next year if it was popular in the ratings. ABC and Marvel desperately wanted it to succeed. I think the creation of SHIELD was likely being saved if it got a full season pick-up for next year.

RocShemp 02-11-15 11:02 PM

I think an 8-episode season after every season of AoS (assuming it doesn't get cancelled already) is just about right for this show. The limited episodes help keep the production values high since they don't have to spread their resources over too many episodes.

I agree that the lipstick was silly. Her orders were to kill Peggy and, up until the dentist, she wasn't one to "play" with her victims. Unless the use of the lipstick was a callback to her unique weapons fetish.

ytrez 02-12-15 06:51 AM

It was fun to watch Peggy beat up those agents at the automat. I was hoping that we'd get to see her fight the Russian widow agent, maybe next week.

The Infidel 02-12-15 06:56 AM

That's Leigh Harvey. ;)

Flatlander 02-12-15 01:20 PM

Not too familiar with the comics other than knowing names and looking up references on wiki but with the Captain America Blood and the Russians involved, could this be part of the origin of Winter Soldier?

Jackskeleton 02-12-15 01:36 PM

Hell, the Russian Girl's training would be foolish in not linking together with Black Widow's origin down the road.

Big Boy Laroux 02-12-15 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by joe_b (Post 12392960)
I don't get the lipstick drug thing anyway. Wouldn't it have the same effect on the person wearing it?

Agree completely. Doesn't make sense at all.

dex14 02-12-15 02:07 PM

I just realized that the guy in prison was Buzz in Home Alone. Woof!

Also... Dotty was in John Wick. I thought she looked much more attractive in that as the tatted pin-up looking bartender.

Giantrobo 02-12-15 02:21 PM

Great Ep. :up:
Much like what the the Empire did to the "Good Guys" in Disney's other major franchise/Property Star Wars...The Russians/Leviathan Folks have crawled deep into the S.S.R.'s ass and are about to do some damage.

Obi-Wanma 02-12-15 02:35 PM

Yeah, they wanted us to think she was going to kill him before it was revealed they were working together. Doesn't really make sense to put the whole gun together if she had no intentions of shooting anything, the scope alone would have been enough, but I guess that's not dramatic enough. :lol:

hdnmickey 02-12-15 02:45 PM

Possibly just a pure made up element on my part, but maybe if it looked he was in trouble (made as a spy), she was going to shoot him to prevent the SSR from getting anything from him. But since he was OK (cover not blown) we only saw them communicating with each other.