DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Shameless (S5E05) - "Rite of Passage" - 2/8/15 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/625053-shameless-s5e05-rite-passage-2-8-15-a.html)

dex14 02-08-15 01:53 PM

Shameless (S5E05) - "Rite of Passage" - 2/8/15

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...141e5fc020a60e

Fiona and Gus navigate the awkwardness of their quickie wedding, but her plans to announce the marriage at a family dinner unravels when a coworker overdoses on heroin. Meanwhile, Frank avoids an irate Sammi; Debbie trains at Derek's gym; Mickey grows more concerned with Ian's erratic behavior; and Lip decides to head back to school early.

starseed1981 02-08-15 10:30 PM

Re: Shameless (S5E05) - "Rite of Passage" - 2/8/15

Yes! Steve!

DJariya 02-08-15 11:21 PM

:lol: Oh great, Steve is finally back to fuck things up for Fiona and Gus.

I really like Gus and feel bad that things are probably going to end badly for his relationship with Fiona.

:brickwl2: Did anyone want to punch V? Holy shit what a selfish bitch.

-pray- Please John Wells, kill off that annoying white trash bitch Sammi. I know you probably like the actress from working with her on Southland, but the character is dead weight.

The highlight for this episode for me was Mickey confronting Ian for his out of control behavior. That was a really intense moment.

Coral 02-09-15 06:40 PM

Decent episode, but the Frank storyline was way too predictable.

I'm glad they didn't wait till near the end of the season to bring Jimmy/Steve back.

I like that Lip continues to feel out of place in that shit-hole and knows that it's best to get out while he still can.

Eddie W 02-09-15 07:02 PM

Geez, can't these writers let Fiona be happy for more than two episodes? Every single time she gets a break, something happens to mess her back up. Maybe that's the character though, a magnet for drama.

I did not forsee Orange Boy running off with Russian baby though.

Goat3001 02-09-15 07:20 PM

The scenes with Lip and Fiona are the best. They have great chemistry and it seems that every scene they do together is amazing.

It's about time Lip realized he needs to move on. I wonder how that'll play out. I'll be bummed if they cut back on his screen time or are working towards writing him out.

Mickey and Ian looks like it's going to get very interesting. They also had a really great scene together.

I don't like the V/Kevin story line. After this episode, I don't like V at all anymore. Kevin still has his moments. The scenes with him trying to get a handjob were hilarious.

boogieman03 02-09-15 07:32 PM

You had to know Steve would show up after they got married.

windom 02-09-15 08:01 PM

So was Sammi's trailer next to the Gallagher house now? It wasn't clear to me. I guess she could have moved it after Sheila's house blew up but that would actually take some effort by her. Are there empty lots next to both Sheila's house and the Gallagher house?

~~ PAL ~~ 02-09-15 08:59 PM

No, that trailer never moved from the lot next to what used to be Sheila's house. But it was fairly close to the Gallaghers' house.

What is the point of Ian kidnapping Yevgeny? By now everybody knows he's bipolar, is that even necessary in order to "amp up the drama"?

windom 02-09-15 09:09 PM

So if the trailer was still next to Sheila's house, then how was Sheila's house still intact? I thought we saw it blow up? It looked fine in this episode.

Sonny 02-09-15 10:23 PM

I believe Lip's going to be in trouble. Didn't he drop the AK before he ran from the cops? I'm sure they have his fingerprints on file.

Jackskeleton 02-10-15 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by windom (Post 12390980)
So if the trailer was still next to Sheila's house, then how was Sheila's house still intact? I thought we saw it blow up? It looked fine in this episode.

The trailer, before it was towed, had a lot of burn marks. And it was no longer next to Shiela's house. It was moved to a place with a pool in the back... so next to the Gallagher's home considering how fast she walked into there to get frank.

Makes sense considering they live next to an empty lot.

DJariya 02-10-15 11:19 AM

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/10...am-teaser?asdf

Ian will apparently make an appearance on Gotham as someone pretty notable.

Ropes Pierre 02-12-15 06:16 PM

i was hoping we would have avoided jimmy steve, and spent some time with fiona, marriage and a guy who wasnt fucked up in some way to see how long she gets to be semi normal.

i got the sense her waitress friend who shot up (last epi? they all blend after binge watching), foreshadows fiona and her snatching defeat from the jaws of victory every time things work out.

i hope sean kicks steve jimmy in his tight jean wearing twat.

Spiderbite 02-12-15 07:22 PM

Ugh. Steve.

I enjoyed his character but his story arc had the perfect ending with him being killed. The writers bringing him back tells me they have run out of ideas at this point.

And yes, please let Sheila get hit by a truck. She has to be the most annoying character ever on this show (which I may add is a show that has/had a lot of annoying characters :lol:).

DJariya 02-12-15 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite (Post 12394084)
Ugh. Steve.

I enjoyed his character but his story arc had the perfect ending with him being killed. The writers bringing him back tells me they have run out of ideas at this point.

And yes, please let Sheila get hit by a truck. She has to be the most annoying character ever on this show (which I may add is a show that has/had a lot of annoying characters :lol:).

Sheila? You mean Sammi right? Joan Cusack is no longer on the show.

Spiderbite 02-13-15 01:59 PM

Yeah. Sammi.